College Football 2023

Rixaroo

1 minute ago, Germanshepherd said:

I’m happy cuff designs are a thing again

Florida State and Oklahoma State do it the best...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

FSU looks absolutely perfect now. Never change, Noles. They took all of the best parts of the old set and gave it the more simple 1990s and 2000s application. My only complaint is I don’t love how the pattern stops due to the collar but that’s a Nike complaint not a Florida State complaint.

Looks like they still have the white helmet in the rotation. The article mentions they have two jerseys (garnet, white), three pants (garnet, gold, white), and two helmets (gold, white). Wouldn’t be surprise if they eventually get black, too. Looks like the facemask may be chrome now.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edit - here’s a look in natural lighting.

Numbers look smaller.  Exactly what I feared with this new template.

Otherwise, perfect update.

• Like 2

The Seminoles are fantastic! Includes enough of the modern elements to feel current (I'm glad they didn't dump the pattern) while going for a more traditional layout that should please purists enough. I feel like there's something missing, like it could use a wordmark on the chest or move the TV numbers to the shoulders, but that's a very minimal criticism. Well done here.

• Like 5

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

On 4/14/2023 at 5:22 PM, WSU151 said:

Mizzou unveiled new home black unis...biggest change is the numbers are now white outlined in gold (they used to be gold outlined in white). The Mizzou mark on the chest of the black jersey now matches the design of the white jersey. 

Though the helmets are shown with the tiger logos, the new unis also work far better with their M logo helmets (white M with gold outline).

It still looks like they don't know what shade of gold to use...it looks really yellow here compared to the mustard color used in their Twitter profile. 

This is a great update for Mizzou.  I don’t follow them closely so I don’t know what they did last year, but while I always liked their modern unis and use of Black, Athletic Gold and Anthracite especially, they were always a tad…I don’t know, unprofessional.  As in, I couldn’t take them quite seriously.

This update, while yes, simple & basic, is what a school with some prestige would wear.  Alabama, Auburn, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Clemson, Notre Dame, Penn State, Texas…all these teams wear simple, iconic uniforms and it just gives a feeling of strong tradition, history, and validity.

Nice to see Mizzou go this direction.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2023 at 5:42 PM, MNtwins3 said:

For the love of god, UCF, go back to Citronauts

This really needs to happen.  Would be one of the best “brands” in college sports.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Their uniforms look like catalog teamwear to me. You can tell with the smaller swoosh and collarbone seams that aren’t on the big team’s jerseys.

Georgia’s spring game is this afternoon and it should give us our first on field look at the black jersey after switching to block numbers. They did not wear it last year.

spacer.png

Mizzou’s black jerseys are interesting in the fact that the sleeves are sublimated; the stripes are not printed on the same jersey fabric as is usually the case.   You can tell by shinier fabric of the entire sleeve cap, and the sleeve band is slightly different.

This leans towards it coming out of the team catalog, or them at least being forced to go that route from Nike Direct due to production issues…which I’m told is still a major issue with football uniforms again this year.  The Nike Team ordering window was super short for small college/high school, per my contacts in team sales.

Did Georgia ever wear those spiked collar jerseys in a game?

22 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

This is a great update for Mizzou.  I don’t follow them closely so I don’t know what they did last year, but while I always liked their modern unis and use of Black, Athletic Gold and Anthracite especially, they were always a tad…I don’t know, unprofessional.  As in, I couldn’t take them quite seriously.

This update, while yes, simple & basic, is what a school with some prestige would wear.  Alabama, Auburn, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Clemson, Notre Dame, Penn State, Texas…all these teams wear simple, iconic uniforms and it just gives a feeling of strong tradition, history, and validity.

Nice to see Mizzou go this direction.

IMO, it's a downgrade compared to what they've worn the last couple of years. The MIZZOU across the front is too large and the switch to white numbers drains a lot of color from the uniform.

Look good, feel good, play good...But does Mizzou look good? - Rock M Nation

• Like 3

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

1 hour ago, HOOVER said:

Georgia ever wear those spiked collar jerseys in a game?

Yes they were worn twice in the 2020 season. Once against Miss State and then again in the Peach Bowl against Cincinnati. They also wore a 1980 white throwback with red pants in the season opener against Arkansas (40th anniversary of the 1980 championship team). Both were special uniforms only for the 2020 season and hence why they have since reverted back to their standard uniform designs.

• Like 1

These new FSU unis are basically what I had been hearing for months. Last I had heard about them, it was going to happen but it was a matter of when Nike would actually roll them out if it was this year or next.

They're so beautiful. I love them so much.

• Like 1

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

On 4/5/2023 at 4:49 PM, leopard88 said:

I'm not sure if this what you have in mind, but I keep seeing the video for their "Flip the Script" season ticket campaign on FB and Twitter.  I hadn't made the connection about that being a possible teaser until about five minutes ago.

For what it's worth, in the video, Mike Locksley is wearing a white pullover with the script Terps logo.  On the other hand, the tag at the end of the video is a black screen the UA M logo.

spacer.png

Yes, I know I'm quoting myself.

In any case, if we're still trying to read the tea leaves, I just saw a "Flip the Script" commercial a few minutes ago during the Maryland-Rutgers lacrosse game.  During most of the commercial, there was an image of a player in the uniform above.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 4/15/2023 at 6:22 PM, aawagner011 said:

FSU looks absolutely perfect now. Never change, Noles. They took all of the best parts of the old set and gave it the more simple 1990s and 2000s application. My only complaint is I don’t love how the pattern stops due to the collar but that’s a Nike complaint not a Florida State complaint.

Looks like they still have the white helmet in the rotation. The article mentions they have two jerseys (garnet, white), three pants (garnet, gold, white), and two helmets (gold, white). Wouldn’t be surprise if they eventually get black, too. Looks like the facemask may be chrome now.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edit - here’s a look in natural lighting.

Man, that template is bad. Nike had basically perfected their jersey template. I get why they changed it again, but it's still disappointing. Stellar uniforms regardless.

• Like 2

a2BRS8U.png

18 hours ago, Geoff said:

These new FSU unis are basically what I had been hearing for months. Last I had heard about them, it was going to happen but it was a matter of when Nike would actually roll them out if it was this year or next.

They're so beautiful. I love them so much.

They look like FSU again. The only thing they need is to go back to being a one helmet school.

• Like 4

@DCarp1231 beat me to it.

Flip the Script, indeed.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃