College Football 2023

Rixaroo

3 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

One of my small hopes is that ISU adds yellow pants again. The red on white ain’t it when you don’t have any white elements on the red jersey

Red/red/yellow or yellow/red/yellow (as a nostalgia tip to the 80s) would be pretty good looks for the Cyclones. 

• Like 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

25 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Red/red/yellow or yellow/red/yellow (as a nostalgia tip to the 80s) would be pretty good looks for the Cyclones. 

They used to do R/R/Yaa a on the set before this one. Why they got rid of the yellow pants is beyond me.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, WBeltz said:

One of my small hopes is that ISU adds yellow pants again. The red on white ain’t it when you don’t have any white elements on the red jersey

Yep. Combining white elements with a jersey that is completely devoid of white is an issue that currently plagues Baylor, Iowa State and West Virginia, among others.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Maryland fan here!

I hate the current uniforms. Always have since they were introduced.

Same.  Like the uniforms, hate the helmets.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Yeah, those are fine too.  😛

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

On 3/30/2023 at 10:19 PM, WBeltz said:

They used to do R/R/Yaa a on the set before this one. Why they got rid of the yellow pants is beyond me.

Maybe they thought they were looking too close to a Midwestern USC? I dunno, but I definitely want them back in yellow pants. 

Sounds like Maryland is going to Terps script - or at least they are teasing it through social media channels and adding a bunch of gear to their store.

Would love black, white and red helmets.  Jerseys and pants in all four - black, gold, white and red colors.  

I wonder if they make the recent “throwback” uniforms their full-time thing, use the Terps script helmets with the current sets of uniforms or if they have some sort of new design all together.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

marylandmini.png

23 hours ago, FTRPresentation said:

Sounds like Maryland is going to Terps script - or at least they are teasing it through social media channels and adding a bunch of gear to their store.

Would love black, white and red helmets.  Jerseys and pants in all four - black, gold, white and red colors.  

I wonder if they make the recent “throwback” uniforms their full-time thing, use the Terps script helmets with the current sets of uniforms or if they have some sort of new design all together.

The white-helmeted script look, circa Shawne Merriman’s time there, was phenomenal. 

Also, because I’m pedantic - it’s yellow, not gold. Their colors are from the Flag of Maryland, and that color is specified as yellow, or at least used to be. 

14 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

The white-helmeted script look, circa Shawne Merriman’s time there, was phenomenal. 

Also, because I’m pedantic - it’s yellow, not gold. Their colors are from the Flag of Maryland, and that color is specified as yellow, or at least used to be. 

Interesting.  I've never actually checked that before.

https://sos.maryland.gov/Pages/Services/MdFlag.aspx#:~:text=For printers%3A The red and,on coated stock-PMS 124

The design of the flag comes from the shield in the coat of arms of the Calvert family, the colonial proprietors of Maryland.

George Calvert, first Lord Baltimore, adopted a coat of arms that included a shield with alternating quadrants featuring the yellow-and-black colors of his paternal family and the red-and-white colors of his maternal family, the Crosslands.

When the General Assembly in 1904 adopted a banner of this design as the state flag, a link was forged between modern-day Maryland and the very earliest chapter of the proprietorship of the Calvert family.

For printers: The red and yellow colors in the Maryland flag should conform to the following Pantone Marking System colors:

• red on coated stock-PMS 201
  • red on uncoated stock-PMS 193
  • yellow on coated stock-PMS 124
  • yellow on uncoated stock-PMS 124

Meanwhile . . . 

https://brand.umd.edu/colors

The University of Maryland's core brand colors are red, white, black and gold. Inspired by the Maryland state flag, these colors reflect our role as Maryland's flagship university. The university encourages the use of all four colors as they represent a core element of its visual identity.

Core Palette

Maryland Red

• Hex #e21833
  • RGB 227/25/51
  • CMYK 0/100/84/4
  • PMS 186

Maryland Gold

• Hex #ffd200
  • RGB 255/210/0
  • CMYK 0/16/100/0
  • PMS 116

White

• Hex #ffffff
  • RGB 255/255/255
  • CMYK 0/0/0/0

Black

• Hex #000000
  • RGB 0/0/0
  • CMYK 0/0/0/100
  • PMS Black 6

https://umterps.com/sports/2018/6/7/school-colors.aspx

The four official colors of the University of Maryland are drawn from the striking and distinctive Maryland state flag. The red, white, black, and gold represent the shield in the coat of arms of George Calvert, first Lord Baltimore and original colonial proprietor of Maryland. The shield features alternating quadrants of yellow and black colors from his paternal family, the Calverts, together with the red and white colors of his maternal family, the Crosslands. The Maryland General Assembly adopted a banner of this design as the state flag in 1904.

The University of Maryland did not always have four official colors, however. Early athletic uniforms were simply gray or maroon and gray, and it was commonplace for each graduating class to select its individual colors.

The transition to black and gold occurred in the early 1920s and these two hues dominated until 1942, when then football coach Clark Shaughnessy switched the team uniforms to red and white. Black and gold remained in the mix as accents and occasionally returned as the predominant colors, as in the case of the men's basketball uniforms of the mid 1980s. Today, all four colors are proudly featured in Terps' athletic uniforms.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, leopard88 said:

Interesring. I’ve always called it yellow but athletic gold works too. Whatever you call it, I think both it and black should be co-secondary to red. 

• Like 1

On 4/3/2023 at 8:34 PM, FTRPresentation said:

I'm not sure if this what you have in mind, but I keep seeing the video for their "Flip the Script" season ticket campaign on FB and Twitter.  I hadn't made the connection about that being a possible teaser until about five minutes ago.

For what it's worth, in the video, Mike Locksley is wearing a white pullover with the script Terps logo.  On the other hand, the tag at the end of the video is a black screen the UA M logo.

spacer.png

• Like 1