College Football 2023

Rixaroo

On 1/21/2023 at 9:36 AM, walkerws said:

Probably because they're the fan replicas. 

The Adidas fan jerseys always look so cheap. Not sure why they don't try to match Nike, which shouldn't be hard to do. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Yeah those Husker uniforms are getting a very extreme reaction here in Lincoln. Which is to say, people don't like them. Can't blame them when there is so much you can do with Memorial Stadium and this is all they come up with. I'm going to wait it out though, hopefully the helmets and pants have some better details, although I'm not crossing my fingers. If they wanted to go for a full red-out, this might be the opportunity with the whole "Sea of Red" thing.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

3 minutes ago, roxfan00 said:

Not sure what's happening...but Colorado could be getting uniform tweeks this season because of Deion. https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cnw8V5uNLHR/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Hey, he did say he was coming... 😄

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 1/12/2023 at 12:34 PM, Ringneck75 said:

Kansas is strongly rumored to be changing things up. Rumors are dropping the trajan font and adopting the 1941 Jayhawk "Warhawk."

I don't know if they are moving more toward a look similar to this or not but their coach does like to mix up uniform combinations.

spacer.png

watch these people bring in red primary jerseys, i'll transfer to k-state if that happens i hate when we wear the reds

There's something endearing about the happy Jayhawk that would be lost if they turned it into just another angry/snarling mascot.  

• Like 2

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 1/23/2023 at 1:25 PM, roxfan00 said:

Not sure what's happening...but Colorado could be getting uniform tweeks this season because of Deion. https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cnw8V5uNLHR/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I mean, they are beyond due for an upgrade. They've had these uniforms since 2015-ish. Heck, they still have the flywire collar. Expecting a heavy presence of mix-and-match looks.

• Like 2

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Lights Out said:

The Washington jersey is the only good one there. ASU and NC State are both huge downgrades, and Mississippi State must have asked Adidas to make them look like a high school team from 1983.

I’d say the NC State one is an upgrade. The shoulder stripes are/were really gimmicky. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Adidas is in desperate need of new vision and a new direction when it comes to their uniform designs. I feel that they overcomplicate things too much, whether its the design in question, or uniform templates that they come up with; it's a problem when you have too much of your design catalog being subpar, while only a handful of it is actually nice.

21 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I’d say the NC State one is an upgrade. The shoulder stripes are/were really gimmicky. 

I liked the shoulder stripes. NC State's uniform history has been boring as hell, but with those, they finally had a design element to call their own and that could have been a modern classic had they just stuck with it.

Besides, the weird sublimated side panels are a lot more gimmicky in a bad way. They're already dated before they've even seen the field.  The shoulder stripes were just a modern take on old-school Northwestern stripes.

• Like 1

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

19 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

I liked the shoulder stripes. NC State's uniform history has been boring as hell, but with those, they finally had a design element to call their own and that could have been a modern classic had they just stuck with it.

Besides, the weird sublimated side panels are a lot more gimmicky in a bad way. They're already dated before they've even seen the field.  The shoulder stripes were just a modern take on old-school Northwestern stripes.

I looked at those stripes and all I saw was the adidas logo with extra things thrown on top to hide it. It wasn't an improvement. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

25 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

NC State, Maryland to face off in Duke's Mayo Bowl in Charlotte

The stripes weren't evenly spaced, had the weird cross-stripes, and SMU tried the Northwestern stripes on the shoulders years earlier and that didn't work out, either. 

2013 SMU football's 10 things to know: Old coaches, bright futures, and the  Raid 'n' Shoot - SBNation.com

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.