College Football 2023

Rixaroo

I just hope the Gators black unis are better than "Black for Black's sake".  

<reality sinks in....>

Ok, they might suck rocks.  But if it were me, I would go orange numbers, outlined in blue and then white, so they can be seen.  Then, orange names on the jersies, outlined in white.  Numbers on the sleeves to match the NOB.  No gator sublimination.  No scales.  No nothing.  Keep them clean.  And for alternate sake's sakes, please let them go with an orange helmet, and just switch the Gator script from blue to black so the set matches. 

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

6 hours ago, EJ_Barlik said:

I just hope the Gators black unis are better than "Black for Black's sake".  

<reality sinks in....>

Ok, they might suck rocks.  But if it were me, I would go orange numbers, outlined in blue and then white, so they can be seen.  Then, orange names on the jersies, outlined in white.  Numbers on the sleeves to match the NOB.  No gator sublimination.  No scales.  No nothing.  Keep them clean.  And for alternate sake's sakes, please let them go with an orange helmet, and just switch the Gator script from blue to black so the set matches. 

Did the gators say they were wearing Black unis next year. Their coach doesn’t like alternates, and even if they did would they change from the black set worn 2 years ago?

7 hours ago, dont care said:

Did the gators say they were wearing Black unis next year. Their coach doesn’t like alternates, and even if they did would they change from the black set worn 2 years ago?

https://www.si.com/college/2022/04/14/billy-napier-says-florida-will-wear-black-jerseys-likely-by-2023

Article from SI about a year ago.  

23 minutes ago, BigDmo said:

Interesting to see the nightmare green helmet paired with a chrome facemask

That’s a nice contrast, but it would look better if the wings were at least a contrasting color

• Like 10

Arizona has been wearing last years game uniforms for spring ball.  I’ve heard they’re upgrading to whatever the latest Nike template is. Jedd Fisch was asked about it & he said that he wanted the players to look good during the spring & the game uniforms are easier to identify the numbers than the practice jerseys (they wore the previous uniforms the past couple of years for practice). He then was asked/told that there’s been speculation that there will be new ones since the game jerseys were being worn during spring, and he said nothing has come across his desk about it.

I am pushing to get the blue facemasks back on though. If I hear anything else I’ll post here.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

There are wings?

They are the same color as the helmet. When it hits the right light you can see them, but this and I think their Candy Apple Green is the same way on occasion 

14 hours ago, WBeltz said:

They are the same color as the helmet. When it hits the right light you can see them, but this and I think their Candy Apple Green is the same way on occasion 

Their apple green helmets have a gradient on the wings now.

Oregon Football: Ducks shown disrespect in college helmet ranking

On the nightmare green helmets, the wings disappear somewhat unless they're getting hit by the right lighting.

Social media reacts to Oregon's dominant 49-22 blowout over Arizona Wildcats

Oregon Football Releases Uniform Combination for Week 8 Game vs. UCLA  Football - Sports Illustrated Oregon Ducks News, Analysis and More

• Like 1

Mizzou unveiled new home black unis...biggest change is the numbers are now white outlined in gold (they used to be gold outlined in white). The Mizzou mark on the chest of the black jersey now matches the design of the white jersey. 

Though the helmets are shown with the tiger logos, the new unis also work far better with their M logo helmets (white M with gold outline).

It still looks like they don't know what shade of gold to use...it looks really yellow here compared to the mustard color used in their Twitter profile. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

UCF having some fun with their split identities for the spring game. They also have the Big 12 logo on the field. I'm a little surprised they can get away with that since they are still currently AAC members, but i doubt the AAC cares about markings on the field for a spring game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

UCF having some fun with their split identities for the spring game. They also have the Big 12 logo on the field. I'm a little surprised they can get away with that since they are still currently AAC members, but i doubt the AAC cares about markings on the field for a spring game.

For the love of god, UCF, go back to Citronauts

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Applause 1

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

19 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Mizzou unveiled new home black unis...biggest change is the numbers are now white outlined in gold (they used to be gold outlined in white). The Mizzou mark on the chest of the black jersey now matches the design of the white jersey. 

Though the helmets are shown with the tiger logos, the new unis also work far better with their M logo helmets (white M with gold outline).

It still looks like they don't know what shade of gold to use...it looks really yellow here compared to the mustard color used in their Twitter profile. 

So Missouri is not switching over to the new template. I'm guessing that big wordmark rules it out. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

33 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

So Missouri is not switching over to the new template. I'm guessing that big wordmark rules it out. 

Their uniforms look like catalog teamwear to me. You can tell with the smaller swoosh and collarbone seams that aren’t on the big team’s jerseys.

Georgia’s spring game is this afternoon and it should give us our first on field look at the black jersey after switching to block numbers. They did not wear it last year.

spacer.png

I will be curious if the black ever makes it into an official game. They’ve had an interesting history with black. 

After wearing it a few times in the late 2000s, they finally brought it back in 2016 with the Flywire collar (without actual Flywire).

spacer.png

Georgia updated to the Vapor Untouchable template in 2017 and had black jerseys on that template for six seasons through 2022.

spacer.png

However, that version of the black jersey never made it into an official game. Georgia released a commemorative black jersey to celebrate 100 years of having the Bulldog as a mascot and that version of the jersey is what was worn instead. It featured solid white block numbers, a spike collar, and logos on the sleeves instead of numbers.

spacer.png

As a Georgia guy, I hope we actually see the new block numbers in an official game this year. If you want to get technical, last year’s version with the Vapor Untouchable and block numbers will also be an entire template generation of black jerseys that will never have seen the field as the Bulldogs are switching to the Vapor Fusion this year. However, I expect in the spring game we will see the Vapor Untouchable template.

FSU looks absolutely perfect now. Never change, Noles. They took all of the best parts of the old set and gave it the more simple 1990s and 2000s application. My only complaint is I don’t love how the pattern stops due to the collar but that’s a Nike complaint not a Florida State complaint.

Looks like they still have the white helmet in the rotation. The article mentions they have two jerseys (garnet, white), three pants (garnet, gold, white), and two helmets (gold, white). Wouldn’t be surprise if they eventually get black, too. Looks like the facemask may be chrome now.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edit - here’s a look in natural lighting.

• Like 18
  • Applause 1

54 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

FSU looks absolutely perfect now. Never change, Noles. They took all of the best parts of the old set and gave it the more simple 1990s and 2000s application. My only complaint is I don’t love how the pattern stops due to the collar but that’s a Nike complaint not a Florida State complaint.

Looks like they still have the white helmet in the rotation. The article mentions they have two jerseys (garnet, white), three pants (garnet, gold, white), and two helmets (gold, white). Wouldn’t be surprise if they eventually get black, too. Looks like the facemask may be chrome now.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edit - here’s a look in natural lighting.

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!!! They did exactly what I'd long hoped they'd do with that pattern...now, leave it there for the rest of time, Florida State. *

*Understanding that neither the original garnet nor the brighter metallic gold will be coming back, I'm willing to settle for this.

• Like 9

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||