College Football 2023

Rixaroo

37 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

The number-on-side with the flag stripe is a good look too. Just wish they used it outside of practice and spring games

spacer.png

This with either the M or Terps script would be ideal, but as is Maryland has a great look. 

Is there meat on the bone with the flag concept, 100% yes, but they now have a classic, well designed uniform and that will never get a thumbs down from me.  The color balance is great, and the Terps script is phenomenal. 

• Like 5

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

I fully expect a white script helmet and black script helmet within the next 2-3 seasons, if not sooner.

I also believe the throwbacks being used sporadically over the last few seasons were a test to see how well fans responded accordingly for an eventual reversion.

• Like 3

Terps fans and players/recruits love it.  Over the last 40 years, they've had some really good uniforms and some meh ones.  This is on the top end, for sure.  The Terps script is pretty cool and original.  The jerseys and pants are kind of bland, but they match the helmet, which is key.

As far as these go, I would love one of our experts on here to mock up what the sets would look like with added white and black helmets, and adding black and gold jerseys and pants.

Also the basketball team is supposed to get new uniforms as well.

• Like 3

marylandmini.png

Throwback looks are trending up in college sports (and it’s fine by me)…Florida State with a more classic look, Maryland with this update, Arizona and Indiana in the last couple years. Same in college basketball too (UConn won a title essentially wearing a 90s uniform). 

This Maryland set will last a few years and they’ll come up with something new…but they’ll look great before then. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 minutes ago, Bruhammydude said:

I'm very surprised that UMD would go back to throwbacks because they are Under Armour's flagship school, just like Oregon is to Nike. Was there really that much support for the script Terps?

It is interesting. I’m sure Maryland has access to the best Under Armour uniform advancements, but it doesn’t necessarily mean they want all the bells and whistles.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bruhammydude said:

I'm very surprised that UMD would go back to throwbacks because they are Under Armour's flagship school, just like Oregon is to Nike. Was there really that much support for the script Terps?

Yes.  We love our state flag (sorry it's amazing), but at the same time, the script is very unique and holds a lot of great memories as they've rocked it for periods of different generations.

• Like 2

marylandmini.png

16 hours ago, HOOVER said:

The lack of Yellow, and how it’s only on the sleeve stripe, really makes these “meh”.

The flag was really a big part of the identity.  This is an over correction.

The flag wasnt just a part, it was the entire football team identity for the past decade. While it is a great flag and I wouldnt mind it being used as elements in the uniform, the flag alone shouldnt be the sole identity for the school athletic programs.

• Like 6

On 3/19/2023 at 8:30 PM, -Akronite- said:

I don't like the texture or the Maryland across the back. I agree with the various superior ways presented in this thread for owning the flag motif.

And that's all well and good but also...

FBTerpsScript_1920_Left1-750x422.jpeg&f=

As I said before, the flag motif can work, but this look is also gorgeous and I'm glad they are returning to it. I wouldn't call it an overcorrection, just a conservative decision  where there were a number of reasonable corrections.

I think the Maryland flag is over-spammed in the various sports IDs in the state. Of course, the Terrapins have as much right, moreso even, to use it and own it. I'd be happy for them to have a flag-based alt again and let this classic look bear the standard. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

Hopefully Wazzu is finally ditching that undercooked set its had for years. 

Looking forward to the “We’re just switching to anthracite and white now but adding more black” news

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

50 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

Hopefully Wazzu is finally ditching that undercooked set its had for years. 

Please please pleeeease. Nothing wrong with the Leach era set at all. Just go back and add maybe more script helmet/retro logo options 

• Like 1

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins