College Football 2023

Rixaroo

The distinction I would like to see between the two schools is that Illinois is blue, orange and white while Syracuse should be orange and blue with minimal white. I'm not sure why but I was a huge fan of this look for Syracuse (and materially could probably get a much more vibrant color of orange + lighting is better since Carrier Dome renovations).

Rutgers Shakes Off a Slump And Shuts Down Syracuse - The New York Times

To me, Illinois in contrast looks best like this: 

Illini football unveils new uniform designs

And as so many have pointed out: Yeah, at this point, the two schools need to actually get together and pick lanes, because it absolutely has seemed like Illinois has been just copying Syracuse's homework the last decade or so.

• Like 8

21 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

It's Brett Bielema, it was always going to be something safe and bland. I'm just surprised he didn't copy Iowa or Wisconsin. 

For me, this is anything but bland. This uniform is near perfection. When I think of bland, I think of Oregon, Texas, Penn State, basically any team with no stripes and basically plain. 

spacer.png

^^^^ Exactly

I even like Syracuse’s all-orange combo because of that.

My solution is Syracuse wears as much orange as possible, and Illinois goes back to the Red Grange stripe unis, maybe even with blue numbers on the road. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

3 hours ago, Lights Out said:

The whole Syracuse-Illinois thing wouldn't be an issue at all if the team calling themselves the Orange didn't insist on prioritizing navy instead.

Someone needs to tell this to the Texas Tech RED Raiders as well.

• Like 1

ExJworW.png

3 minutes ago, Rygi13 said:

New Michigan State Uniforms

Pretty nice but the numbers look comically large.

I wonder if the person who designed the Greek Key pattern knew it would continue to be used thousands of years later in places that hadn't yet been discovered. One's legacy doesn't get much better than that.

• Like 7

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

2 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Oddly enough Texas Tech’s Falcons ripoff throwbacks are my favorite look of theirs, even with the emphasis on black and gray over red. 

I guess having Raiders in the name helps balance it out. 

I won’t argue that the Falcons made the look famous but Tech sported that black-black-silver combo many years prior, at least as far back as 1984. As for the RED Raiders complaint, the emphasis on black simply comes from the fact that it’s the other primary color which ties back to the former “Matadors” nickname. Perhaps most importantly it creates some visual separation from all the other schools that use red and black except Cincinnati…who’s now in the same conference…but even they’ve done a stellar job distinguishing themselves with Friz Quadrata and solid color blocking. Regardless, Tech does a fine job of highlighting red across all sports. 

• Like 1
Midway.png

1 hour ago, j'villejags said:

Pretty nice but the numbers look comically large.

I wonder if the person who designed the Greek Key pattern knew it would continue to be used thousands of years later in places that hadn't yet been discovered. One's legacy doesn't get much better than that.

1 hour ago, Rygi13 said:

I’m assuming the numbers are just big because it’s a youth jersey

Pretty sure it's just a bad Photoshop. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, Rygi13 said:

New Michigan State Uniforms

These are horrible if real. That greek pattern should be about 1 inch tall and hug the sleeve edge if you must keep it on the jersey and then perhaps use it on the collar. The sleeve numbers sitting over it look like an afterthought.  Also, teams that have dark hues as a primary color do not need a black alternate (forest green, navy, burgundy, etc.)

1 hour ago, SCL said:

Replace Giants script with Block I and we have a winner.

Don’t get me wrong, simple monogram logos have their place in football. But the block I straight up looks like it belongs to some Generic Football Team in some insurance commercial.

• Like 1
Midway.png