Super Bowl LVIII logo

NYCdog

8 minutes ago, Ark said:

The only problem is, wait until the paint from the Super Bowl logo causes a team to miss a field goal

With proper cleats, the paint means nothing on natural turf.

Paint only really would be a concern on artificial turf, not natural turf. 

• Like 2

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I've been sold on this logo evolution since LIV, but this is the best of the three where the Roman Numerals are filled in - due in large part to the Lombardi square in the middle. Although it would've been fun if the LV had a small stroke of color signifying Las Vegas in the one opportunity you'd have to do that.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, JQK said:

With proper cleats, the paint means nothing on natural turf.

Paint only really would be a concern on artificial turf, not natural turf. 

IDK - players from both teams have stated it was the worst surface they played on all season due to the slickness of the paint.  I'll give them the benefit of the doubt since they played on it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 minutes ago, BBTV said:

IDK - players from both teams have stated it was the worst surface they played on all season due to the slickness of the paint.  I'll give them the benefit of the doubt since they played on it.

Slickness of the grass... the grass was the issue, not the paint on the grass.

• Like 1

sB9ijEj.png

3 minutes ago, JQK said:

Slickness of the grass... the grass was the issue, not the paint on the grass.

I was reading that the Linc was resodded with the exact same grass before the NFCCG, and the Phila Union play on the exact same grass too.  Do you now what would cause "slick grass" on a surface that hasn't been rained on?  I'm no groundskeeper so I have no idea.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

I was reading that the Linc was resodded with the exact same grass before the NFCCG, and the Phila Union play on the exact same grass too.  Do you now what would cause "slick grass" on a surface that hasn't been rained on?  I'm no groundskeeper so I have no idea.

The same turf from the same place was installed in Denver before their game with the Chargers, and they had the same issues.

Also, people were slipping a lot on the non-painted turf as well.

If it was only the paint causing the slippage, that wouldn't be the case.

• Like 1

sB9ijEj.png

Looks great, nice that the NFL seems to have finally found a decent balance between the standardized look while also being something  unique. 

Though is it just me, or do the colors look a bit muted? 

Super-Bowl-LVIII-750x647.png

It looks a lot "softer" compared to the past 2 they used in this format. 

Maybe it's just the lighting in the pictures. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JQK said:

The same turf from the same place was installed in Denver before their game with the Chargers, and they had the same issues.

I haven’t seen any articles that support this claim…where did you find that info? 

The SB field cost $800,000, the Broncos field cost $400,000…

There’s also this:

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.