2023 MLB Season Thread

Gary

Two teams who have no business playing in the world series are playing in the world series. Oof. The Reds swept the Rangers this year and took 4 of 7 from the D-backs, including a three game sweep. I guess Ill go for the Rangers since they havent won a world series yet.

• Yawn 1
  • Dislike 2
  • Eyeroll 2

Signature intentionally left blank

If a low seed makes the championship, it’s a travesty against all that is holy.

if the #1 seeds make it, it’s all scripted and a waste of everyone’s time.

some people just can’t have fun I suppose. Maybe watching sports isn’t for everyone.

Congrats to the Rangers and Diamondbacks. Could be a fun Series! I hope the Rangers win their first but could go either way for me. Hopefully a fun and entertaining matchup!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

Two teams who have no business playing in the world series are playing in the world series. Oof. The Reds swept the Rangers this year and took 4 of 7 from the D-backs, including a three game sweep. I guess Ill go for the Rangers since they havent won a world series yet.

Guess the Reds should've had the better record then the DBacks and thet would be in the World Series instead 

• Like 1

My instant reaction to both last night’s and tonight’s games was “whoa! What the heck! This is crazy!” in the most positive way. It’s definitely one of the more bizarre WS matchups I can remember*, and I love it. Plus, it’s a matchup I can just sit back and enjoy. I don’t have a horse in the race and I don’t dislike either of the teams left to any degree at all. This should be fun all the way through.

*Red Sox/Rockies in 2007 comes to mind, but even then, that was far more one-sided bizarre towards the Rockies than anything; both because “Rockies win the pennant” was somehow a legitimately truthful sentence, and because they went from “sudden surprise inevitable buzzsaw” to “we suck again.gif” in the span of what felt like a few short days. They were like Pinocchio in Shrek 2 when he’s a real boy for two seconds but changed back to wood by a ricochet spell. One of the weirdest pennant winning teams I’ve ever seen.

• Like 2

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

3 minutes ago, Gary said:

Guess the Reds should've had the better record then the DBacks and thet would be in the World Series instead 

Had the Reds won their final two games with the Cardinals, they would've taken the Dbacks spot in the postseason.

Signature intentionally left blank

I cannot even begin to fathom why someone could possibly be mad at this scenario.

We have one of the longest-suffering teams in baseball, a team that took 36 seasons to make the playoffs for the first time and attempting to claim their franchise's first World Series in 63 years, going up against a young, hungry team that has took down two of the top teams in the NL and attempting to win the franchise's first World Series in 22 years.

Frankly, this is probably the most exciting World Series since Nats-Astros in 2019, to me, because I'm going to be happy no matter who wins. If you can't enjoy that because of a simple goddamn number, you're really just looking for reasons to be mad at the result.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

I cannot even begin to fathom why someone could possibly be mad at this scenario.

We have one of the longest-suffering teams in baseball, a team that took 36 seasons to make the playoffs for the first time, attempting to claim their franchise's first World Series in 63 years, going up against a young, hungry team that has took down two of the top teams in the NL and attempting to win the franchise's first World Series in 22 years.

Frankly, this is probably the most exciting World Series since Nats-Astros in 2019, to me, because I'm going to be happy no matter who wins. If you can't enjoy that because of a simple goddamn number, you're really just looking for reasons to be mad at the result.

Because nothing screams 'Exciting' like Dallas' least popular team vs a team that basically had a worse run differential than the 06 Cardinals that literally would have missed the playoffs every year prior to last year

Why bust your butt to win your division when being barely mediocre is good enough to go to the World Series?

• Hate 1
  • Eyeroll 4

Just now, Unocal said:

Exciting?

Why bust your butt to win your division when being barely mediocre is good enough to go to the World Series?

If you want to go to the World Series, maybe win the games you need to win to get there first. If you can't win the DS or CS, you don't deserve to go to the World Series, simple as.

You don't win baseball games by putting up prettier stat numbers than the opponent.

• Like 3

Just now, Ridleylash said:

If you want to go to the World Series, maybe win the games you need to win to get there first. If you can't win the DS or CS, you don't deserve to go to the World Series, simple as.

In the National League, you don't need to win 90! That's 3 straight years!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Unocal said:

Because nothing screams 'Exciting' like Dallas' least popular team vs a team that basically had a worse run differential than the 06 Cardinals that literally would have missed the playoffs every year prior to last year

You’re spamming in spite of everybody telling you that you’re wrong (very wrong) and begging you to shut up. 

Stop spamming.

• Like 2