Pepsi changing their logo (again)

Pharos04

10 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

New logo is alright, but the black text and outline around is a bit much. It fits better on the Zero can than it does on the regular - and that was a deliberate choice:

“We think that the non-sugar segment of colas will continue to grow very fast in this country. We’re seeing consumers pivoting,” Laguarta said, noting that zero had already been a “strategic” product in Europe and elsewhere.

To that end, “zero sugar is going to be the protagonist of our communication strategy,” Porcini told CNN.

To highlight the zero line, the new logo uses black font and a black border, a nod to Pepsi Zero’s black can and label.

I've never really understood the shift from "Diet" to "Zero Sugar", while still producing both products. They both use aspartame and acesulfame potassium, and they both taste terrible. I guess the Zero Sugar drinks might be slightly less terrible, but they're all the same thing to me. They could use sucralose, allulose, or erythritol to differentiate one, but nope. They both have that distinctive aspartame taste, so why should I buy Zero Sugar if I already don't like Diet?

I guess what I'm saying is, making Zero Sugar the focus of the brand is stupid.

• Like 2
  • Huh? 1

spacer.png

26 minutes ago, burgundy said:

They both use aspartame and acesulfame potassium, and they both taste terrible.

I guess the Zero Sugar drinks might be slightly less terrible, but they're all the same thing to me.

They could use sucralose, allulose, or erythritol to differentiate one, but nope.

They both have that distinctive aspartame taste, so why should I buy Zero Sugar if I already don't like Diet?

Well. That was a fun, off-topic rant, wasn't it? "GAHH WHY THAY PRODUCE THEM POISON DIET DRINKZ WHEN THE ORIGINAL ONE WILL GET YOU THE REAL DIABETUS!!"

Good thing you don't run Pepsi Co. 👍

• Yawn 2

6uXNWAo.png

3 hours ago, burgundy said:

I've never really understood the shift from "Diet" to "Zero Sugar", while still producing both products. They both use aspartame and acesulfame potassium, and they both taste terrible. I guess the Zero Sugar drinks might be slightly less terrible, but they're all the same thing to me. They could use sucralose, allulose, or erythritol to differentiate one, but nope. They both have that distinctive aspartame taste, so why should I buy Zero Sugar if I already don't like Diet?

I guess what I'm saying is, making Zero Sugar the focus of the brand is stupid.

Different flavors and recipes. Same thing with their crimson competition Coke. The zero sugar versions taste closer to their HFCS or sugar sweetened counterparts.

Hard to believe that previous rebrand was 15 years ago. Not a big fan of the font at this moment (I've got a feeling that I've seen it somewhere else) I think it would be better if they should bring back their font from 80's/90's and ditched black. Otherwise it's quite an upgrade.

4r2eer.png

9 hours ago, Cujo said:

Well. That was a fun, off-topic rant, wasn't it? "GAHH WHY THAY PRODUCE THEM POISON DIET DRINKZ WHEN THE ORIGINAL ONE WILL GET YOU THE REAL DIABETUS!!"

Good thing you don't run Pepsi Co. 👍

Thanks for making me sound like Tnak, but that's not at all what I said. My question is why have two no-sugar versions that use the same artificial sweeteners? Aspartame has a very noticeable flavor to it, so if the goal is to make it taste more like the regular drink than Diet, why use the same sweetener when other no calorie sweeteners are available? I'd like a no-sugar option, but aspartame is a no-go for me.

spacer.png

30 minutes ago, burgundy said:

I'd like a no-sugar option, but aspartame is a no-go for me.

Whereas I really enjoyed the taste of the aspartame-sweetened Diet Coke and Diet 7Up.  Indeed, even if I had not been avoiding the calories, I would have chosen those drinks over the non-diet versions just for their taste.

Now that I avoid caffiene, I no longer drink Diet Coke; I think I haven't had one in about twelve years .  I now drink seltzer almost exclusively.  But every few months or so I will pick up the odd bottle of caffeine-free sodas such as Diet 7Up or diet ginger ales from Canada Dry or Seagram's, or else occasionally a bottle of Fresca, (a soda that I somehow didn't really know about as a kid, and one that I am comfortable calling the best-tasting soda I have ever experienced), all of which have aspartame.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

3 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Whereas I really enjoyed the taste of the aspartame-sweetened Diet Coke and Diet 7Up.  Indeed, even if I had not been avoiding the calories, I would have chosen those drinks over the non-diet versions just for their taste.

Now that I avoid caffiene, I no longer drink Diet Coke; I think I haven't had one in about twelve years .  I now drink seltzer almost exclusively.  But every few months or so I will pick up the odd bottle of caffeine-free sodas such as Diet 7Up or diet ginger ales from Canada Dry or Seagram's, or else occasionally a bottle of Fresca, (a soda that I somehow didn't really know about as a kid, and one that I am comfortable calling the best-tasting soda I have ever experienced), all of which have aspartame.

A little side story.

I have a sister-in-law who is convinced aspartame is pronounced "aspart-a-mee" instead of the correct pronunciation of "ass-per-tame." So whenever I'm around her, I like to refer to the "Great Apartame, the Greek God of artificial sweeteners." 

• Love 3
  • LOL 4

22 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I have a sister-in-law who is convinced aspartame is pronounced "aspart-a-mee" instead of the correct pronunciation of "ass-per-tame." So whenever I'm around her, I like to refer to the "Great Apartame, the Greek God of artificial sweeteners." 

That is the epitome (epi-tome) of hyperbole (hyper-bowl).

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

22 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

A little side story.

Did not know it was pronouned that way til now lol. Both pronunciations sound funny to me 🤣

8 hours ago, burgundy said:

My question is why have two no-sugar versions that use the same artificial sweeteners?

Despite using the same artificial sweetener they taste differently. Usually the ZERO stuff tastes closer to the regular version while Diet is a bit more of its own thing.

It started with Diet Coke. Diet Coke is actually the no calorie version of New Coke. New Coke died but Diet Coke stayed. Coke Zero is the no calorie version of Coca-Cola.

• Like 4