Pepsi changing their logo (again)

Pharos04

I previously said that that I dislike the black more than the font itself.  But I have changed my mind on that.

The company states that black ties the logo to the new flagship product Pepsi Zero.  OK, fine.  But if they fixed the font to straighten out the bottom part of the loop on the P, the whole thing would look a lot better.

Pepsi-corrected-logo.png

• Like 6

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

On 3/31/2023 at 11:13 AM, DTConcepts said:

Am I the only one who really likes the rebrand? Font and all? It feels like a fitting, modern update with a throwback-y touch.

Nope. I like it too. The only thing I don't like is the unnecessary use of black.

• Yawn 1

Can't wait to start a new thread in 20 years going, "Pepsi changed their logo (again!)"

Like they've rebranded five times in ten years or something.

• Like 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

19 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I previously said that that I dislike the black more than the font itself.  But I have changed my mind on that.

The company states that black ties the logo to the new flagship product Pepsi Zero.  OK, fine.  But if they fixed the font to straighten out the bottom part of the loop on the P, the whole thing would look a lot better.

Pepsi-corrected-logo.png

Looks like somebody in Pepsi's marketing department is stuck in 2006 with the BFBS trend.

rAUPGPZ.png

I think the black really dulls the logo as it does for the Clippers.  I don't really have strong feelings on the font. Blue letters would  make this pretty solid.

• Like 2

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

On 3/30/2023 at 9:24 PM, Cujo said:

This rebrand would've went so damn hard.

Pepsi Logo designs, themes, templates and downloadable graphic elements on  Dribbble

I'd personally want the logo to be straight and not tilted left, but otherwise that would be perfect.

Edit: I'm also glad they went with a brighter blue.  The navy works but the brighter blue is more classic Pepsi imo.

14 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Making “PEPSI” black keeps the color balance in check. It’d look off if 75% was red or blue.

I take your point, but somehow black feels like too much contrast right next to the highly contrasting red and blue. A dark navy (and minor adjustments to the R/B) somehow softens the whole thing enough that it comes together more cohesively, in my opinion.

dmEIBgk.png

• Like 7

19 hours ago, 29texan said:

They could have gone with a better font... but it's an improvement for sure.

The font for this new logo feels like a combination between the 1950 and the 1987 logo, in my opinion. I don't think it works, it feels clunky and too loud.

rAUPGPZ.png

On 4/3/2023 at 8:04 PM, DCarp1231 said:

Making “PEPSI” black keeps the color balance in check. It’d look off if 75% was red or blue.

Not really, Pepsi has almost always been the blue brand in comparison to cokes red. Replacing the black with blue would go with their historical hierarchy of colors. 

• Like 1

On 4/4/2023 at 7:28 PM, GrayJ12 said:

The font for this new logo feels like a combination between the 1950 and the 1987 logo, in my opinion. I don't think it works, it feels clunky and too loud.

Yeah, that's an accurate discription. 

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/5/2023 at 11:45 PM, Cujo said:

Missed opportunity not dropping this logo on us in 2015

Pepsi Perfect From 'Back to the Future 2' Will Be Released October 21

I honestly anticipated the year 2015 for this exact reason. I really thought PepsiCo was going to do some cool Back to the Future promotion and I was so disappointed when nothing happened.

15 hours ago, AHcreative said:

I honestly anticipated the year 2015 for this exact reason. I really thought PepsiCo was going to do some cool Back to the Future promotion and I was so disappointed when nothing happened.

They did?

https://people.com/food/pepsi-perfect-back-to-the-future/

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1 hour ago, Bruhammydude said:

Assuming we've been lead on and this is actually a fan concept, I wonder how that fan is feeling about his plan coming to fruition and fooling almost everyone

It's real. It's just not being rolled out until Fall 2023.

https://www.pepsico.com/our-stories/press-release/pepsi-unveils-a-new-logo-and-visual-identity-marking-the-iconic-brands-next-era03282023

• Like 1

da0Lbhs.png

On 5/2/2023 at 10:51 PM, Cujo said:

How Pepsi debuted their new logo 30 years ago (I believe might've been during Super Bowl 27)

I wish they could still run commercials like this today, its sad that we can't do that anymore as a society

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Yawn 3
  • Dislike 2

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

On 4/3/2023 at 9:56 AM, CS85 said:

Can't wait to start a new thread in 20 years going, "Pepsi changed their logo (again!)"

Like they've rebranded five times in ten years or something.

I see you that and raise you the Pepsi Universe

• Like 1