2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

2 hours ago, sayahh said:

Well we know that twitter.com links embed and it looks like yours shows up as twitter.com; Germanshepherd posted x.com link and didn't embed, which was why I suggested using twitter.com.  Does it work for you when you switch it to x.com?

dunno.  Not planning to switch unless I have to.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

55 minutes ago, BBTV said:

dunno.  Not planning to switch unless I have to.

Nobody is asking you to switch, but since you chimed in about twitter.com links on here working for you as an embed when I was asking someone else who said that their x.com link embed did not work, I figured that you might have spoken up to be helpful or point out that your x.com links were embedding.  Instead, you posted a twitter.com link that WAS working, which nobody questioned nor disputed in the first place, and worked for you because you didn't post using the new URL, which for now redirects but apparently does not embed here.  If you wanted to help test it out, then great; if not, then, that's also fine.

https://x.com/timberwolves/status/1690799548048793600

3 hours ago, sayahh said:

Well we know that twitter.com links embed and it looks like yours shows up as twitter.com; Germanshepherd posted x.com link and didn't embed, which was why I suggested using twitter.com.  Does it work for you when you switch it to x.com?

I tried both and it didn’t work.  I think it might just be a me problem. Imgur links stopped displaying years ago so I switched to Twitter which just now stopped working 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

7 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

I tried both and it didn’t work.  I think it might just be a me problem. Imgur links stopped displaying years ago so I switched to Twitter which just now stopped working 

I tried both in my latest post and the x.com link did not work but the twitter.com link worked fine. Sometimes it's weird and you had to press enter (or carrier return) and start a new line or something for the link to "catch" and register as a link and not a string of characters.  Have you tried a different web browser and/or tinkering with your ad block filter settings, if applicable?  Weird that imgur wouldn't work, but I usually change the imgur.io extention to imgur.com before  sharing with others.

2 hours ago, 5ss22 said:

l could imagine they gonna try to emulate water on that court.

Uniform itself in my opinion is not good. That pattern on front is awkward and on back for me look more like glaciers because of that white color.

• Like 2

4r2eer.png

I mostly see blue smoke and I can sort of see some kind of icy pattern, but I'm struggling to see it as "lake water". Surprised we haven't seen more full-sublimated print styles like this in the modern NBA...yet.

Since rebranding this team has trotted out so many "Minnesota" wordmarks that feel sorta similar, not similar enough to fit together but not different enough to fully embrace an alternate brand of the City program. The middle ground, can't-commit zone. Which is it?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

NBA 2k24 new trailer confirms that Pacers is without sponsor right now.

Maybe when they do get one they will... um... issue a patch.

I'll see myself out.

20 hours ago, Digby said:

I mostly see blue smoke and I can sort of see some kind of icy pattern, but I'm struggling to see it as "lake water". Surprised we haven't seen more full-sublimated print styles like this in the modern NBA...yet.

Since rebranding this team has trotted out so many "Minnesota" wordmarks that feel sorta similar, not similar enough to fit together but not different enough to fully embrace an alternate brand of the City program. The middle ground, can't-commit zone. Which is it?

They should definitely make the keys look like docks!

They could've had so much more fun with this idea. I'm thinking woodsy, "Great Outdoors" vibe as opposed to something that looks like the background of a digital directory in a big city hi-rise. They missed the boat with missing boats.

Really excited to pick up my "Minnesota: modern solutions for a changing world" jersey. Wonder if I have to buy one from the company e-commerce platform or if I can just steal one from the supply closet when the office admin asks me to help carry some 24-packs up from her trunk.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

5 hours ago, truepg said:

I thought the new unis were supposed to have fir trees?? Just another dispensable fashion/promo uni in a series of many that belong outside the court that this City program is.

I think they were made out of trees, which is why we were all so confused. ;) 😂🤷‍♂️

• LOL 1

16 hours ago, SantosD_ said:

F3mmu9oXkAAHzJs?format=jpg&name=large

City edition jerseys debuting on november 3rd.

ever since the city edition line started to become a problem i always felt like the nba should just have designated days where every team collectively wears their city edition jerseys instead of teams having city edition days all over the place. i know all star weekend and christmas games have been some examples. 

and i think it would be a good idea if they just did that for the in-season tournament. let teams run wild for a couple of weeks and have the rest of the season be mostly their regular jerseys. 

• Like 6

On 8/13/2023 at 4:02 PM, kimball said:

F3bvg85WAAAy2xl?format=jpg&name=large

Not gonna lie, I like the brighter blue there. If they could build around that instead of the dull navy and the tired slate, then maybe add some forest green? I’d call that an upgrade from their current set.

Of course, this is a one-off. More detail than necessary but not bad for a one-off. 

2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Not gonna lie, I like the brighter blue there. If they could build around that instead of the dull navy and the tired slate, then maybe add some forest green? I’d call that an upgrade from their current set.

Of course, this is a one-off. More detail than necessary but not bad for a one-off. 

That's a good point on the colors. The brighter blue is a notable improvement. 

But the more I look at these, the worse they get. The Minnesota wordmark is so much smaller than the number font that it seems inconsequential. For a jersey that is meant to highlight such an important aspect of the state, minimizing the state name seems strange. 

The tiny wordmark also draws more attention to the off-center numbers, which make the whole set feel unbalanced. 

The whole thing feels like a cheap tourist t-shirt you'd find at a souvenir shop, right next to coffee mugs that say "Life is Better at the Lake!"