2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

using a slogan that involves the word "culture" on a jersey to me is wild. if they were gonna make a move like that i wish they could at least have a redeeming design template. it looks like their regular jerseys but they moved the HEAT name up to make space for the word CULTURE. who wants to spend money on that? 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, andregunts said:

What are you guys crying about this time? At the end of the day its literally its just basketball jerseys lol. 

At what point do we get to stop saying this: What do you think this message board is about? It's entire reason for being is to debate things like basketball jerseys. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 3

9 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

using a slogan that involves the word "culture" on a jersey to me is wild. if they were gonna make a move like that i wish they could at least have a redeeming design template. it looks like their regular jerseys but they moved the HEAT name up to make space for the word CULTURE. who wants to spend money on that? 

The small percentage of fans who think it's 🔥🔥🔥 🙄

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

2 hours ago, Digby said:

Those are soccer shorts. We really can't help ourselves, can we?

In Europe most bball leagues have numbers on shorts although mostly on left side not right.

1 hour ago, CitizenTino said:

Know who else doesn’t like numbers on shorts? Nike. The Heat equipment staff has to put the numbers on the players’ shorts themselves.

That's actually nothing weird, because in most of times teams customize their uniforms by themselves anyway.

4r2eer.png

20 hours ago, currymvp2024 said:

The #1 pick was not part of the trade and the hornets didn’t even have the best odds. or are you referring to the conspiracy?

and would making the Hornets more attractive really be more profitable than potentially 2-3 straight Lakers/Heatles finals?

The #1 pick wasn't part of the trade, but it was a likelier outcome with the rebuilding package they traded for than it would have been with Pau and a treadmill team. They also got another lottery pick in the trade.

No league wants to be stuck owning one of its own franchises for any longer than it has to. The optics are terrible and it's just a bunch of extra expenses they have to deal with. The MLB went scorched-earth to rid themselves of the Expos as soon as they could: threatening contraction, playing games in San Juan, refusing to make September call-ups when they were in the running for a playoff spot in 2003, discontinuing all TV coverage and English-language radio broadcasts, etc. The NBA fortunately didn't have to stoop to that level to sell the Hornets.

• Like 1

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

13 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

You haven’t seen numerals on an NBA short in probably 40 to 50 years.

It wasn't that long ago man...

SPNM01_CARTER011.jpg

new-york-knicks-latrell-sprewell-slam-du\

BpDyt2CIIAAX9E2?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

bSLCtu2.png

17 hours ago, Lights Out said:

The #1 pick wasn't part of the trade, but it was a likelier outcome with the rebuilding package they traded for than it would have been with Pau and a treadmill team. They also got another lottery pick in the trade.

If Pau was too good, he could've easily asked them for a worse package like Odom or Artest or Steve Blake, whatever was equivalent to Eric Gordon lol. Then he could've killed 2 birds with one stone - help Hornets AND help Lakers by letting them have both Paul and Pau, especially since the Lakers were coming off a 2nd round sweep and really did need more help.

but it seemed like he wanted to help the Hornets just as much as he didn't want to help the Lakers, so I don't think your statement that "he would trade as many stars as possible there" is true. The only big trades in the 20-year kobe era were Pau and Dwight.

Let me put it this way: if your statement was true, Kobe would have 10 rings.

25 minutes ago, Haz_Matt said:

Espn says the City uniforms will be worn for the in season tournament... So Utah will wear purple uniforms on a purple court... 💩

I'm sure there will be numerous other cases with teams, I just haven't looked at all the potential eyesores 

Judging by the courts, this makes sense and will be terrible. But I would assume only City uniforms for the home teams right?

1 hour ago, Haz_Matt said:

Espn says the City uniforms will be worn for the in season tournament... So Utah will wear purple uniforms on a purple court... 💩

I'm sure there will be numerous other cases with teams, I just haven't looked at all the potential eyesores 

San Antonio has posted all the dates that they will be wearing their City Connect uniforms:

0NKhZbg.png

1 hour ago, Haz_Matt said:

Unless the NBA was smart enough to set up an entire tournament so that there's no color clashes I'd expect the visitors to wear something else in most games. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Rockets are calling this logo the "dunkstronaut". Lot of potential here for an official secondary logo one day. They need to drop the R ... there is just so much potential behind a space/earth/rocket logo.spacer.png

I was a little offended by the shade of blue (very Clippers like), but they are staying true to the old UH uniforms:

spacer.png

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

3 hours ago, tscuzzy said:

Rockets are calling this logo the "dunkstronaut". Lot of potential here for an official secondary logo one day. They need to drop the R ... there is just so much potential behind a space/earth/rocket logo.spacer.png

Has the potential to be an interesting playful secondary/tertiary logo, but their main R monogram is still one of the best logos in the league.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1