2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

On 12/19/2023 at 4:45 AM, okcsooner35 said:

Any info known for next season yet?

Don’t have to reveal the teams, but does anyone know team counts for new primary home/road or statement changes?

According to article on mothership Pelicans might change their home and away uniforms.

• Like 5

4r2eer.png

Not only are we getting standard uniforms today, we’re getting the Christmas patches back on the uniforms:

This is how it should be. The NBA’s Christmas Day aesthetic was pretty much perfect before Adidas started making the special Christmas uniforms. It seems like they’ve decided to return to that formula this year, which is fantastic IMO.

• Like 15

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Not gonna lie I was surprise seeing return of Snowflake. I didn't expected that. Also surprise when I go into lockervision and notice there is no City matchup today and all home (or white in Lakers case) v away (except Heat-Sixers where Heat gonna wear red and Sixers white).

Now bring back a Christmas theme sneakers.

4r2eer.png

1 hour ago, AstroCree said:

The state of NBA aesthetics are so bad, teams wearing traditional home/away uniforms and normal courts are viewed as a breath of fresh air. 

Not according to social media. I’ve seen at least half a dozen nostalgia bait posts about how the NBA needs to go back to special Christmas uniforms, mainly due to LeBron tweeting about it. 

I figured it was inevitable that people would get nostalgia for the sleeved Adidas jerseys, but it feels like it’s happened sooner than I expected. 

I remember the BIG Color uniforms where the idea was that players would look like Christmas ornaments. I also remember the commercial where they dribbled to the tune of "Carol of the Bells" except for Wade who just stood there for some reason. I don't want it to come back, though.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

Not according to social media. I’ve seen at least half a dozen nostalgia bait posts about how the NBA needs to go back to special Christmas uniforms, mainly due to LeBron tweeting about it. 

I figured it was inevitable that people would get nostalgia for the sleeved Adidas jerseys, but it feels like it’s happened sooner than I expected. 

Sleeves? No. They had Christmas jerseys before that didn't have the sleeves. They all had a similar wordmark but everything else was close to the regular uniform. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lebron-james-pushes-for-nba-to-bring-back-special-christmas-jerseys-ahead-of-lakers-matchup-vs-celtics/

christmastjerseys.jpg

since-its-christmas-day-please-tell-the-

nba-christmas-jerseys-2015-lakers-warrio

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Meh 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

Speaking of that. Looking at how many players started to wear undershirts, do you think there is a possibility of return of sleeves jerseys? I think we might see them sooner than later and maybe even on players demand.

4r2eer.png

35 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Sleeves? No. They had Christmas jerseys before that didn't have the sleeves. They all had a similar wordmark but everything else was close to the regular uniform. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lebron-james-pushes-for-nba-to-bring-back-special-christmas-jerseys-ahead-of-lakers-matchup-vs-celtics/

christmastjerseys.jpg

I’m aware that they all weren’t sleeved, but most of the Christmas Day jerseys were lazy and generic. One year they literally just took the normal jerseys, swapped the wordmark for a logo, and moved the nameplate below the numbers. 

Say what you want about the city jerseys, at least Nike lets each team come up with unique designs. 

12 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Speaking of that. Looking at how many players started to wear undershirts, do you think there is a possibility of return of sleeves jerseys? I think we might see them sooner than later and maybe even on players demand.

The players never liked the sleeves, for the most part, so I don't think we'd see them come back. Especially since Adidas made those and would probably have a conniption if Nike copies them. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

The players never liked the sleeves, for the most part, so I don't think we'd see them come back. Especially since Adidas made those and would probably have a conniption if Nike copies them. 

Here’s hoping. Those were ugly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

christmastjerseys.jpg

the ones on the bottom row are perfect to me. every jersey just following the same exact template as their base uniforms, except the front is replaced with a christmas style font. that is it. so simple yet effective. doesn’t require a bunch of money to make, saves our eyes from additional brand confusion that city/statement/earned/classic jerseys already bring, and well… fans love em 

• Like 14

Never liked those or any other Christmas jerseys. The ones with the same script replacing team fonts were super generic, the other ones just plain lousy and bad. The snowflake patch does the job well. Additional jerseys for Christmas wouldn't even have the same effect in current jumble of random uniforms.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lights Out said:

My take on Christmas uniforms is that they should just take the teams' normal uniforms and change the colors to red and green.

Falls apart as soon as you consider the heresy of the Lakers in red and green.

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫