Arizona Cardinals new uniform extravaganza

CaliforniaGlowin

17 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

The helmet part seems to be the truest part. A few days ago, I suggested an “eggshell-like” design with the specks while @BBTV suggested a slightly different design. @TruColor then acknowledged one of us was on the right track. Seems like my guess held up.

My "design" was a literal baby cardinal hatching from the helmet, which was really an egg.

It shouldn't be much of a surprise that my vision didn't pan out.

42466398-a-cartoon-illustration-of-a-bab

(this is not my design, just one I found on the net)

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

14 minutes ago, Indigo said:

That's the thing though, on top of all the other issues, they also just don't look like the Cardinals. Slapping ARIZONA on the chest for people 30 miles away to see doesn't make you look like Arizona's team.

Some would argue they should've slapped it on all 3 uniforms, given how underdesigned the White & Black sets are.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

I've thought about this frequently. In a perfect world.

I've actually been spitballing forming a coach/AD brand design consulting group.  If anyone is serious about giddying up, I'll be your huckleberry.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

I've actually been spitballing forming a coach/AD brand design consulting group.  If anyone is serious about giddying up, I'll be your huckleberry.

DM me if you do. I won't quit my day job, but I'd love to do it on the side.

• Like 1

fiowXOD.png

12 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

My initial thoughts are that they simply needed to put the stripes on the red jersey and pants and the wordmark on the white and black jerseys. Would have been both classic and modern, but it feels a bit disconnected between the home vs road/alternate uniforms right now.

I'm with you on this.  If anyone gets to mocking these up I'd love to see these stripe patterns on the Red uniform.   But, I think wearing the White pants with the Red jersey will end up very much feeling like "Cardinals" though.

And yeah, I'm coming around to thinking if they were going all-in on the wordmark at home, they should've put it on the Black & White jerseys, too.  It would've linked everything together, while the stripeless Red jersey would've been good given their historical look.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, henburg said:

You can't say the the black alternates are not near matches of each other

Justin-Fields-2.jpg

I know it's not their signature look, but it was the very first thing that came to mind when the unis were unveiled

Yeah and that’s a uniform Ohio State wears one time per year and has only for the last few years. That doesn’t mean the Cardinals now “look like Ohio State.” If they look like the Buckeyes, where are the silver helmets and pants? Why doesn’t the cardinal jersey have stripes and why have they added a massive wordmark? Cherry picking one single alternate doesn’t mean they now “look like the Buckeyes.” In fact, you could make a case that the Buckeyes took after the Cardinals. If we are looking for similarities here, the Cardinals have been wearing black alternates for much longer than Ohio State.

7 minutes ago, SSmith48 said:

Shameless plug for a possible fix because...

world wars GIF

ebdfbKY.jpg

EDIT: @ramsjetsthunder great minds think alike, eh? Posted these at the same time.

This is beautiful.  Really great work.   Small wordmark on all 3 with larger front numbers makes it gold.  Do you want to be on @ramsjetsthunder and I's team, too?

• Like 3

Last thoughts - the red pants need stripes...whether it be double white or white/silver/white...they need something. 

The white jerseys look so much better without the red yoke on the shoulders…look how clean it is without it. The black outlines on the numbers do give it a solid look throwbackish look. 

The silver accents make sense when they say they tried to incorporate the exterior of the stadium...but these uniforms really feel like a Super Bowl champ uni (a la the gold MLB champ unis) but with silver to pay homage to the trophy. 

With so much silver in the uni I’m still baffled why New Era used so much yellow in the draft hat. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 minutes ago, Blast_Brothers said:

For your consideration:

spacer.png

I don't know. It's okay.

If they had walked the players out in multiple combinations including these above, this set wouldn’t be getting half the backlash that we are seeing. Monochrome seriously brings this down several points, but it looks decent when things are contrasting.

• Like 14

7 minutes ago, Blast_Brothers said:

For your consideration:

spacer.png

I don't know. It's okay.

Great job!  When looked at like this, it's an immense improvement.   I think we'll all feel a lot better about these if they wear non-mono combos.

• Like 5

Nike found another bed to crap in, I see.

1.  One-color uniform sets blow.    Contrast is important.  Yes, color-rush is monochrome but that should be it.

2.  The home set sucks.  It looks sad, like a prisoner uniform.   No stripes, nothing unique about.  Putting oversized lettering above the numbers does NOT save it from looking like someone was modeling the base uniform style before design even happened.  Plain, boring and looks like an incomplete thought.

3.  The road and fade outs look good but still hate the monochrome look.   The sleeves are nice and well done.  The save the set from being dumpster fire Falcons and Commanders.

This seems like it wanted to be more and they gave up halfway through.

• Like 4

Just now, HOOVER said:

Great job!  When looked at like this, it's an immense improvement.   I think we'll all feel a lot better about these if they wear non-mono combos.

The only real issue (other than the criminally undue sock hype) with the set is all of it being monochrome. I even think having a plain red jersey works for them (give or take an Arizona), but full-time monochrome would downgrade it a lot.

6 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Yeah and that’s a uniform Ohio State wears one time per year and has only for the last few years. That doesn’t mean the Cardinals now “look like Ohio State.” If they look like the Buckeyes, where are the silver helmets and pants? Why doesn’t the cardinal jersey have stripes and why have they added a massive wordmark? Cherry picking one single alternate doesn’t mean they now “look like the Buckeyes.” In fact, you could make a case that the Buckeyes took after the Cardinals. If we are looking for similarities here, the Cardinals have been wearing black alternates for much longer than Ohio State.

I agree, only the black gives me OSU vibes, and the gray stroke is a big reason. Black helmet is predictable but nice. I'm not bothered but with an alternate like that you could take a swing IMO.

34 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:
37 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Yes.

s-l500.jpganderson_5__86870.1608936123.jpg?c=2

Expand  

The new set is basically a modern version of this. The stripes, the lack of stripe on the red jersey, the facemask being grey/silver. All nearly the same details

Your definition of nearly isn't...well...nearly the same as mine. The new set is way more THE Oklahoma SoonerStateBuckeyes than it is retro Cardinals.

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

1 hour ago, SSmith48 said:

Shameless plug for a possible fix because...

world wars GIF

ebdfbKY.jpg

EDIT: @ramsjetsthunder great minds think alike, eh? Posted these at the same time.

Perfection! It's been literally an hour and you guys already figured out how to make these work. Something Nike couldn't do in 2 years, evidently.

Thing is, it shouldn't even be that complicated. It's symmetry. When you see how the elements on the white + black uniforms work together... it's not rocket science to translate those to the jerseys + pants (no offense meant, you did exactly what I woulda done).

Nike is like some child that can't solve Wordle even though they have 4 letters in place. Like, everything is there to tie it all together. What are they not seeing?

Can someone explain how this guy had each combination correctly predicted hours before the reveal? This person has been clamoring for new unis for years and even had a petition up. Insider?