Arizona Cardinals new uniform extravaganza

CaliforniaGlowin

The most important reveal of the night is that the CCSLC servers have never been stronger.

• Like 14
  • Love 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

This clown couldn't find a longer undershirt to wear?  It's a goddam uniform unveiling and they couldn't even have them tuck in their undershirts?

zqzsdtsv154epht5vy05.jpg

• Like 7
  • Huh? 1
  • Yawn 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Short assessment before bed:

Red - C-, upgrade from before, but seems too little for what the rest is

White - A-, beautiful. Stunning, work of art

Black - B-, I wanted a sand uniform 😢

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

This shot from afar makes it even worse. When you can't pore over every detail, there's literally nothing about these uniforms that say "Cardinals." They look like a generic Madden create-a-team.

They look like Stanford or Washington State to me from that distance.

• Like 2

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

This could have been a lot worse so there's that, I guess.

The good:

Turns out it wasn't a Virginia Tech nightmare after all.

The helmet seems to be pretty much the same. They didn't do something stupid with it.

Wear the white pants with the home jersey and it's a solid look.

Red socks with the all white or red pants with the white jersey are solid looks. 

The black jersey with the white pants could be OK - they won't look anything like the Cardinals, but at least it's not desert gray.

They didn't go with some stupid number font that is based on the fierceness of the mighty Desert Cardinal or whatever bull-:censored: Nike would have come up with to justify it.

The bad:

ARIZONA on the home jersey looks stupid.

The white set looks like a rejected Ohio State Pro Combat uniform from 2008.

Did we really need another monochrome black uniform?

Even though the looks are all pretty simple, this set still screams "respecting the past while looking to the future" and yet again, that approach has failed miserably.

If you're looking to go retro, either fully embrace it (Bucs, Browns) or don't bother.

Overall: I give it a solid Meh. Way better than their previous set, but not quite close enough to the retro look to be truly great. Basically, they decided to go with being half-pregnant.

• Like 12

BB52Big.jpg

Just now, BBTV said:

This clown couldn't find a longer undershirt to wear?  It's a goddam uniform unveiling and they couldn't even have them tuck in their undershirts?

zqzsdtsv154epht5vy05.jpg

It's "drip" to wear your uniform as tight as possible and a t-shirt that's four sizes too large underneath it to negate all the advantages of a skin-tight uniform.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

How the hell do two numbers fit on this jersey?  If he was 44 he'd have numbers wrapping around to his chest.

i5pwyuxwtttmvfyzhngi.jpg

• Like 6

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

After seeing more photos, they’re just so underwhelming. Quite a few concepts with copper and navy and sunrays that I would take over these. 

At first i thought the white jersey sleeve stripes were red and blue like the 90s then I became hugely disappointed when i saw they were silver. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Just now, NYCdog said:

Somewhere, Panthers fans, Broncos fans, Texans fans, and Lions fans are now all collectively worried about how Nike will dumb down their team branding with their new rebrands. 

From the concepts they showed the Houston media i think the Texans will have a great look

25 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

spacer.png

They were so close! Just gotta never wear monochrome and shrink/remove the ARIZONA work mark and it's a good set. W/R/W/R, W/W/W/R, and W/W/R/W could all be good looks potentially. But they're prob just gonna stick to monochrome 24/7.

Lol I love that they brought out 9 guys and didn't bother to show off different combinations

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

Short assessment before bed:

Red - C-, upgrade from before, but seems too little for what the rest is

White - A-, beautiful. Stunning, work of art

Black - B-, I wanted a sand uniform 😢

C’mon, work of art? It’s a plain white uniform with generic stripes and numbers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BBTV said:

How the hell do two numbers fit on this jersey?  If he was 44 he'd have numbers wrapping around to his chest.

i5pwyuxwtttmvfyzhngi.jpg

I’ve noticed on this new template that the front numbers seem smaller and the back number seem bigger.

5 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

The most important reveal of the night is that the CCSLC servers have never been stronger.

Nice to know my $7 or whatever is putting in work.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags