2023 NFL Regular Season Through Super Bowl LVIII

1 hour ago, Unocal said:

Hot Take- SF is going to go 1 and done

Kyle Shanahan until proven otherwise is basically this era's Marty Schottenheimer

This 49ers team has a 2019 Ravens vibe- unstoppable with a lead, but do you trust them down 10?

The guy who coached Jimmy G to a Super Bowl is not this era’s Marty Schottenheimer.

IUe6Hvh.png

2 hours ago, Unocal said:

Kyle Shanahan until proven otherwise is basically this era's Marty Schottenheimer

And who do you have taking them out?  Especially in their first playoff game?   Every other team in the NFC (Lions?  Cowboys?  Especially the Cowboys) have a much harder time when playing without an early lead.  And the other NFC wildcard teams are likely to be an embarrassingly bad collection of undeserving pretenders 

On 12/18/2023 at 2:42 PM, BBTV said:

The existence of Hollywood Brown and Cadillac Williams made me think of how it'd be fun to have a whole squad of, like, '70s black guys. A running back named Buttermilk Jackson because "his moves are, quote, smooth like buttermilk." Even just more food-based named would be great, so like if you had a change-of-pace who went by Short Stack. Wide receiver, obviously Downtown Jones because he takes it all the way downtown.

• LOL 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4 hours ago, Unocal said:

This 49ers team has a 2019 Ravens vibe- unstoppable with a lead, but do you trust them down 10?

This just seems like a hot take for the sake of a hot take, rather than anything grounded in fact. The 49ers have been to three of the last four NFC Championship Games. They're not exactly inexperienced on the playoff stage. 

Down 10? It's hard to prove anything about being down 10 when you've barely spent any time down 10. Tell me who's going to open up a 10 point lead on the 49ers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

The existence of Hollywood Brown and Cadillac Williams made me think of how it'd be fun to have a whole squad of, like, '70s black guys. A running back named Buttermilk Jackson because "his moves are, quote, smooth like buttermilk." Even just more food-based named would be great, so like if you had a change-of-pace who went by Short Stack. Wide receiver, obviously Downtown Jones because he takes it all the way downtown.

I'd take Sweetness at RB

43 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

I'd take Sweetness at RB

Nah, it's gotta be something where it's [nickname] [lastname].

Something like Pimp Slap Malloy.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

Next year we’ll have Kool-aid McKinstry on an NFL teams roster

IUe6Hvh.png

Just now, See Red said:

Next year we’ll have Kool-aid Mckinstry on an NFL teams roster

Sugary-beverage names are sweet*.  It'd be cool if Chris Cooley was nicknamed Ecto Cooley (and for purposes of this conversation, black.)

*totally intentional.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

15 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I can't remember the last time they didn't wear the stupid all black against the Giants.

Even more stupid is that they play Tommy Mamaluke twice in three weeks.  Who writes these stupid schedules?

Speaking of Tony Mamaluke, his agent stiffed a pizza joint, trying to double his appearance fee "or else".

His agent looks exactly as you would expect him to:

(that's seriously him:)

stellato.jpeg

All we need is for Big Dom to jump sides and roll with these cats instead of being relegated to guarding players coming into town for visits at the airport:

GAh0z5uWAAAzvyK.jpg:large

Speaking of Big Dom, why wasn't this guy tossed?  Clearly not an important coach or staffer - probably one of those "stay behind the line" guys:

GBBqC8eWUAAhhV-?format=jpg&name=medium

Last one: it's not uncommon for Eagles fans to "greet" the team at their facility before practices (I see them when I go for my PT there), but usually it's just to hold up dumb signs saying "RUN THE BALL".  This guy took it to the next level, with Fire Desai, and trashcans representing No Play Slay and Bradberry.   Nick Sirianni had coffee delivered to him 😆

GBFM5ULXcAU_fyO?format=jpg&name=900x900

9 minutes ago, See Red said:

Next year we’ll have Kool-aid McKinstry on an NFL teams roster

I was going to guess because he breaks through defensive lines like the Kool-Aid Man but he's a corner. He'll look good in the defensive backfield behind Hambone Reed, who, friends aver, is really just a big old teddy bear off the field. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

spacer.png

CBS 1:00 PM EST/12:00 PM CST

Red: Browns at Texans

Green: Seahawks at Titans

Yellow: Commanders at Jets 

CBS 4:00 PM EST/3:00 PM CST

Blue: Jaguars at Buccaneers 

spacer.png

FOX 1:00 PM EST/12:00 PM CST 

Red: Lions at Vikings

Blue: Colts at Falcons

Green: Packers at Panthers

Gray: Texans enforcing blackout. Normally this would be to force a market to watch an awful home game but this time it appears to be merciful. 

spacer.png

FOX 4:00 PM EST/3:00 PM CST

Red: Cowboys at Dolphins

Blue: Cardinals at Bears. A team that used to play in Chicago goes to take on a team that won’t be in Chicago for much longer. 

All credit for maps goes to 506Sports. Go support them. 

Edited by Red Comet

It's been however many years in LA now for the Chargers, but it's really crazy to hear the crowd roar when the away team scores.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The end of the Bills-Chargers game had one of those really interesting "let them score?" dilemmas, but it was taken out of the coaches' hands by an automatic review. 

Chargers were ahead by 1 with 2:34 left. Bills are in the red zone. Bills receiver caught the ball while going down to the ground, but the ruling on the field was got up before being touched and scored a touchdown. Automatic replay reversed it, giving the Bills "just" a first down. I think it was the correct call after the replay, but you had to really go frame-by-frame. Bills never got another first down, but milked the clock and kicked a field goal.

So, depending on the result of the Bills' 2-pt conversion, the Chargers would have been down 5 or 7 with one timeout left and about 2:30 on the clock. Instead, they ended up getting the ball back with 31 seconds left and no timeouts, but only down by 2. Probably would have been better for them in the first option.

• Like 1