MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

2 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

First look at the chain stitching for the Cardinals. Not quite as good as direct embroidery, but I think they managed to pull it off quite nicely. The way the patch is applied is pretty subtle.

That "outline" better at least be gray on the aways and not white.

3 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

First look at the chain stitching for the Cardinals. Not quite as good as direct embroidery, but I think they managed to pull it off quite nicely. The way the patch is applied is pretty subtle.

I want to see if they spoiled the Cardinals front numbers like they did the Orioles.

4 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

2 hours ago, McCall said:

That "outline" better at least be gray on the aways and not white.

That's basically how they changed the Phillies chainstitching in 2019.  It's too "perfect" for my liking.

They put a gray outline around the Phillies road script, but because it's twill, it stands out like a sore thumb.

s-l1600.jpg

(it's even more noticeable in game action.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

We all knew about Fanatics' humorously bad issues with quality in outfitting us grimy fans. They cornered the market so why would they care about the quality of our gear when our only other option for teamwear is "Don't Buy It"? What's baffling to me here is the actual quality of the ON-FIELD product is now suffering because of this cheap ass company. I never thought they'd have so little pride in their work that the quality issues would flow up. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

8 hours ago, adsarebad said:

People are (rightfully so) :censored:ing on fanatics..... but aren't Nike the ones that produce the jerseys,? In the same factory in Easton, PA where Majestic made them?

Or is that over with now 😞

Fanatics owns that factory.

• WOAH 1

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

I am still hopeful that Nike will fix this for 2025. You might remember when they got the NBA contract, the uniforms would tear like a sheet of paper. It was a bad look and Nike fixed it. If the players are mocking the uniforms, the fans have/will follow. That is not good business for Nike. 

spacer.png

Edited by BC985
Added photo
  • Like 1

Players will order dhgate jerseys for the 2024 season, I reckon. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1 hour ago, Sport said:

We all knew about Fanatics' humorously bad issues with quality in outfitting us grimy fans. They cornered the market so why would they care about the quality of our gear when our only other option for teamwear is "Don't Buy It"? What's baffling to me here is the actual quality of the ON-FIELD product is now suffering because of this cheap ass company. I never thought they'd have so little pride in their work that the quality issues would flow up. 

As a fellow CCSLC Oldhead, I found myself thinking about the old megathread on calling out counterfeits, which took off as they began flooding eBay and swap meets. There was a lot of back-and-forth, heated at times, between the "It's cheap and close enough" crowd and the majority opinion at the time, which was that these were sweatshop-made crap that would fall apart in the wash, accompanied by the ethical concerns over IP theft and undermining the legit work of fellow designers.

Seems quaint now, doesn't it?

I had a brief, perhaps delusional, moment of optimism this morning when I first saw Chris' post. Sure, these new "limited" jerseys were $175, but we were finally getting MLB replica jerseys with sleeve patches and front numbers after more than three decades, even if they were screened twill. Then I got to see a photo of the actual product and was quicky reminded how Nike and Fanatics have engineered screen twill down to the thickness and durability of the vinyl film that gets heat-pressed on at your local t-shirt shop, and apparently have found some new corners to cut. At this point, why wouldn't you roll the dice on a $30-50 knockoff instead?

Last season, I loved the Mariners' City Connect wordmark, and wanted a shirt. Unfortunately, that meant a $40 Fanatics shirt, and I've learned the hard way what that gets me. So instead, I got a $16 heathered royal blue shirt with the old Pilots road wordmark on TeePublic. I kept $24 in my pocket, MLB and Fanatics didn't get any of my money in theirs, and I have a shirt I can still wear after more than three washes.

Eventually, more consumers may make decisions similar to mine, to a point where it may make a tangible impact to Fanatics' bottom line. But everyone making these shortsighted decisions now will have cashed out by then.

• Like 4
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

On 2/9/2024 at 8:31 AM, BBTV said:

Rocky is a goddam movie character and that stupid statue is just a prop, I don't know.

Given your thumbs down, I'm not sure if you didn't see the progression of the joke or you think Rickety Cricket should be on the Phillies' batting practice hats.  🤣

spacer.png

spacer.png

Also, we need to talk about how hilariously fake those "quotes" from MLB players in the post were. I was waiting for Adley Rutschman to say "I loved it. It was much better than 'Cats.'"

• Like 2

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Okay, I guess I'm on one about this. Also nervous about some other stuff and this is making a good distraction.

Back in 2000, I decided to splurge a little, went to Woodfield Mall, and bought a blank authentic gray White Sox jersey for $109, which is $195.22 in today's money. For that, I got an actual field-quality jersey made of doubleknit polyester with tackle-twill script across the front, an embroidered sleeve patch, elastic knit cuffs, and even velcro in the placket. I wore it a lot, but also made sure to take care of it, because that's a lot of money for a shirt. 24 years later, I still have it, and it still looks very good.

Now you try to convince me that one of these jerseys could even last through one decade of wear, no matter how much care you took in cleaning, storing, and maintaining it.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

As a fellow CCSLC Oldhead, I found myself thinking about the old megathread on calling out counterfeits, which took off as they began flooding eBay and swap meets. There was a lot of back-and-forth, heated at times, between the "It's cheap and close enough" crowd and the majority opinion at the time, which was that these were sweatshop-made crap that would fall apart in the wash, accompanied by the ethical concerns over IP theft and undermining the legit work of fellow designers.

Seems quaint now, doesn't it?

I had a brief, perhaps delusional, moment of optimism this morning when I first saw Chris' post. Sure, these new "limited" jerseys were $175, but we were finally getting MLB replica jerseys with sleeve patches and front numbers after more than three decades, even if they were screened twill. Then I got to see a photo of the actual product and was quicky reminded how Nike and Fanatics have engineered screen twill down to the thickness and durability of the vinyl film that gets heat-pressed on at your local t-shirt shop, and apparently have found some new corners to cut. At this point, why wouldn't you roll the dice on a $30-50 knockoff instead?

It's sad because buying an authentic was worth the money at one point. It was sturdy materials and it felt good. Now the authentics, what the players are going to wear this season, look like the knockoffs! I think people should buy from dhgate! If I wasn't already pretty much done with collecting jerseys then Fanatics has made that decision for me.

I'm not the only person to make this observation, but there's this growing feeling right now that every product in practically every industry feels worse than it used to and it's because of guys like Rubin. 

8 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Last season, I loved the Mariners' City Connect wordmark, and wanted a shirt. Unfortunately, that meant a $40 Fanatics shirt, and I've learned the hard way what that gets me. So instead, I got a $16 heathered royal blue shirt with the old Pilots road wordmark on TeePublic. I kept $24 in my pocket, MLB and Fanatics didn't get any of my money in theirs, and I have a shirt I can still wear after more than three washes.

Eventually, more consumers may make decisions similar to mine, to a point where it may make a tangible impact to Fanatics' bottom line. But everyone making these shortsighted decisions now will have cashed out by then.

I've told my fanatics story, but I'll tell it again. I bought a Reds hoodie with the Mr Redlegs logo on it so I could wear it to opening day. That was a month before the game so I figured I was safe. Opening Day came and went without my fanatics order arriving for the game and when it finally did show up that Reds hoodie quickly became a red hoodie because the graphic completely disintegrated off of it after a couple of washes. I guess I should just be grateful it showed up at all and that the logo was oriented correctly while it was on the garment. 

I'll never buy from them again after that and I hope more people follow so their only choices are get better or get replaced by another supplier. Until their crappy monopoly of sports is broken, I'm only buying from Homage, Ebay vintage pieces, and fan made unlicensed gear. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

A few weeks ago, news broke out that the St. Pete City Council was voting on a resolution to push the Rays to change their name to the “St. Pete Rays” (I’m guessing in light of the stadium deal).

I didn’t look too much into the details of that resolution because I know nothing of substance would come of it.  But I think it included a push for at least an alternate jersey that said “St. Petersburg” or “St. Pete” on it.  Again, I don’t know the full details because I thought all parts of this were  stupid.

But all that’s to say that I would be shocked if the Rays’ City Connect jersey wasn’t almost exclusively St. Pete themed.

• Like 4