MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

2 hours ago, Sport said:

It's sad because buying an authentic was worth the money at one point. It was sturdy materials and it felt good. Now the authentics, what the players are going to wear this season, look like the knockoffs! I think people should buy from dhgate! If I wasn't already pretty much done with collecting jerseys then Fanatics has made that decision for me.

I'm not the only person to make this observation, but there's this growing feeling right now that every product in practically every industry feels worse than it used to and it's because of guys like Rubin. 

I've told my fanatics story, but I'll tell it again. I bought a Reds hoodie with the Mr Redlegs logo on it so I could wear it to opening day. That was a month before the game so I figured I was safe. Opening Day came and went without my fanatics order arriving for the game and when it finally did show up that Reds hoodie quickly became a red hoodie because the graphic completely disintegrated off of it after a couple of washes. I guess I should just be grateful it showed up at all and that the logo was oriented correctly while it was on the garment. 

I'll never buy from them again after that and I hope more people follow so their only choices are get better or get replaced by another supplier. Until their crappy monopoly of sports is broken, I'm only buying from Homage, Ebay vintage pieces, and fan made unlicensed gear. 

https://boingboing.net/2024/02/13/en:censored:tification-is-coming-for-everything.html

• Like 7
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, bbush24 said:

You know it's bad when they keep desperately pushing propaganda to try to convince fans that it's actually a good thing.

"The back's really nice. Fans are going to love it. No, I'm not going to show it to you."

I recommend going through the replies to discover a product and marketing campaign so obviously bad that the majority of people who think it's a good use of their money to pay for Twitter are saying, "What kind of sucker do you think I am?"

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Just remember, the original Nike NBA jerseys tore all the time, and they got over it. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You can shrink the MLB logo by 5 mm to make it fit in the new, narrower neck cowl, or you can mess up the entire back of each and every jersey.

It looks like the lowest rung of NHL replica jerseys for children and toddlers, where everything is screenprinted on, and the league shield is printed below the point of the V-neck instead of sewn onto it. But these are adult professional athletes wearing it, and it's going to retail for upward of $400.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

41 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Just remember, the original Nike NBA jerseys tore all the time, and they got over it. 

True. But still bothers tf outta me how the stripes cut off. 

Zach LaVine Bulls Icon Edition Nike NBA Authentic Jersey. Nike.com

• Like 9
  • Dislike 1

6uXNWAo.png

2 hours ago, CrookedThumb said:

A few weeks ago, news broke out that the St. Pete City Council was voting on a resolution to push the Rays to change their name to the “St. Pete Rays” (I’m guessing in light of the stadium deal).

I didn’t look too much into the details of that resolution because I know nothing of substance would come of it.  But I think it included a push for at least an alternate jersey that said “St. Petersburg” or “St. Pete” on it.  Again, I don’t know the full details because I thought all parts of this were  stupid.

But all that’s to say that I would be shocked if the Rays’ City Connect jersey wasn’t almost exclusively St. Pete themed.

This is their flag:

spacer.png

If they do it right I can only imagine how beautiful it would look.

• Like 7

Just now, TrueYankee26 said:

This is their flag:

spacer.png

Put that on a jersey and Ron DeSantis will ban the team from the state.

• Like 2
  • LOL 20
  • Huh? 1

The logo moving down from the base of the collar is the biggest question mark for me with this new template. There's literally no advantage to removing it from where it was before, and you're further cluttering that space where the names have already been shrunken down. The only reason behind it that it could potentially streamline production to keep the elements closer together so that they can be applied in fewer steps, but that may just be some of the Fanatics reputation affecting my thought process

• Like 2

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

Did the Mets switch to blue and red this offseason?

That looks so bad. The comparison of the Mariners jerseys further up the thread looked bad, but it just looked like an authentic compared to a cheap replica (even though that's not the actual case in the tweet). But when the on-field product looks like the lowest-tier for-fans replica jerseys, that looks like something done by an amateur operation. It's just ugly. I am no longer surprised by anything MLB does, as an organization. But you'd think something with that much history would collectively care a little more about how they present their brand(s).

Everything is too low on the jersey: the MLB logo seems too big somehow (thus pushing the name and number further down the back), and the lettering looks comically small. On a few personal projects, I've sewn letters and numbers onto the backs of sweatshirts and jerseys. My own personal preference is to keep everything higher up on the back, so perhaps I am a little biased, but I always thought that the name and numbers were noticeably higher on baseball jerseys than what's in that preview picture. And aren't the letters generally something like 3" tall? There's no way those are that big.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sport said:

Can't get over how dumb and bad the names look on these. 

There's an easy solution to that.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, TrueYankee26 said:

This is their flag:

spacer.png

Imagine the old gradients using these colors.  I... can't decide whether that would be awesome or the ugliest thing ever.

I think using a gradient of these colors in a 70's fauxback style would world really well for the team's identity and history.  Dunno if it would be good, but it would be fitting.

• Like 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

17 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Fanatics deserves jail time for this !!!

GGUHJFhWkAAL2Pk?format=jpg&name=large

What on earth?? 

I'm going to be completely fair here. The changing of material on MLB uniforms doesn't bother me as much as it does other people. I actually think the colors seem to pop a bit more on this new fabric/template. 

But how on earth do those jerseys make it on a field with that small of a name font??? That's comical. 

Seriously, if the MLB logo was back to its old location and the NOB was normal size, it think all of these are probably fine. But that's insane. 

• Like 2