MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

11 hours ago, Rebuy said:

Fanatics and Nike are a disaster. Advertisements on the jersey are a disaster. This isn't European soccer. The uniform should be sacred and free from external commercial promotions. Fans should simply boycott the advertisers.

As a Phillies fan it's extremely disappointing that the chain stitching is gone. The cool numbers on the sleeves that was entirely unique to the Phillies are gone. We are getting a totally unnecessary city connect jersey. It's very disappointing that the organization did nothing to stand for the integrity of the jersey.

Seeing the other changes is awful too. You don't think of cool quirks like the trim on the Braves belt loop until they're gone.

What other company can take on the MLB market and save us from Fanatics and Nike? Under Armour? There is so much less competition in this space. In the 90s, you could theoretically have Champion, Wilson, Russell, Nike, Majestic, Reebok, Adidas among others compete in this space.

It’s why monopolies are bad for quality. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I wonder how well those see-through pants hold up to sliding.

🎶 🎵 Summertime is everything, Homeboys bangin' out,  All that ass hanging' out,  Bikinis, zucchinis, martinis No weenies   🎶 🎵

-

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • LOL 7
  • Dislike 1

12 hours ago, Rebuy said:

Fans should simply boycott the advertisers.

I haven't put a drop of Marathon gas in my car since their logo has been on the Guardians jerseys. I have a feeling they haven't noticed. There's not nearly enough people who care enough to effectively boycott these companies.

• Like 8

49 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I sure wouldn’t want to see it in sports though. 😉

Y'all been following the new Pro Volleyball Federation? Very exciting and entertaining. Good to see a professional volleyball league here in the States so players don't have to always be going overseas to continue playing post-college.

Pro Volleyball Arrives In Atlanta

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

The new Yankee jersey popped up on Reddit. Assuming this is legit, I don’t love it as much as I expected. The wordmark should be bolder. 

Unpopular opinion...I prefer the white trim. 

• Like 6
  • Dislike 5

1)      Thanks to Sodboy13 for finding a non-paywalled version of the Atlantic story. The link worked for me. The story is worth a read.

2)      The sartorial distance between MLS and NASCAR is depressingly small. Lucky for me, I’m not a soccer fan.

3)      Given that I’m not a fan of her music, I tend to forget how attractive Katy Perry is. Thanks to adsarebad for the reminder!

4)      The photos of that Yankees road jersey makes me think that Nike is using a version of the fabric that was used on the side panels last year…for the entire jersey. I’m sure that’s going to work out just fine! 🤪

• Like 6
  • Huh? 1

2 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

It's funny how video games today cost the exact same as they did throughout the 80's and 90's. It somehow has avoided inflation.

That's not exactly true. Prices have fluctuated quite a bit over the years. Back in the NES, SNES days, you'd see $70 games because those cartridges were expensive and came with high licensing fees, and those costs were passed on to the customer.

When Sony entered the market, they drove prices down for a while by pushing for CDs (a cheaper storage medium) and charging lower licensing fees. Prices didn't creep up to $60 until the Xbox 360 launched, and $70 games didn't make a comeback until this generation.

Of course, I'm glossing over a lot of other factors, like how consumers didn't necessarily feel the high price of games in the '80s and '90s because it was common to just rent them from Blockbuster instead. Or how the sticker price of current games doesn't include all the paid DLC, microtransactions and such that drive the actual price of the complete game even higher. Or, on the other hand, how not every modern game launches at the maximum possible price.

• Like 2

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

13 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

That's not exactly true. Prices have fluctuated quite a bit over the years. Back in the NES, SNES days, you'd see $70 games because those cartridges were expensive and came with high licensing fees, and those costs were passed on to the customer.

When Sony entered the market, they drove prices down for a while by pushing for CDs (a cheaper storage medium) and charging lower licensing fees. Prices didn't creep up to $60 until the Xbox 360 launched, and $70 games didn't make a comeback until this generation.

Of course, I'm glossing over a lot of other factors, like how consumers didn't necessarily feel the high price of games in the '80s and '90s because it was common to just rent them from Blockbuster instead. Or how the sticker price of current games doesn't include all the paid DLC, microtransactions and such that drive the actual price of the complete game even higher. Or, on the other hand, how not every modern game launches at the maximum possible price.

You forgot that most modern games don't include any physical medium anymore, and are just a download. 

Anubis.png

3 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

It's funny how video games today cost the exact same as they did throughout the 80's and 90's. It somehow has avoided inflation.

I'm just wondering how many fans will actually pay the high end prices for baseball jerseys when they look pretty much the same unless you know what to look for. I've bought the higher cost NFL jerseys because I hate the sublimated crap that Nike does for the lowest versions now, and I don't like that the men's sleeves are looser than the same level of shirt for women. The only good thing about the Browns old fan jerseys was that the stripes were higher up because they cross onto the front of the jerseys. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 minutes ago, BadSeed84 said:

I don't get boycotting the companies, can you blame any company for taking the opportunity to be on three sleeve of a MLB team?

If say Wawa goes on the Phillies sleeve, I don't hate Wawa all of a sudden.

It's not so much about hating the company, but discouraging companies from seeing it as a good advertising investment. I don't hate or blame the individual companies, I just hate the whole idea of it. Again, a pretty worthless endeavor considering 99.99% of the population doesn't care. But I still do it out of principle.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bbush24 said:

It's not so much about hating the company, but discouraging companies from seeing it as a good advertising investment. I don't hate or blame the individual companies, I just hate the whole idea of it. Again, a pretty worthless endeavor considering 99.99% of the population doesn't care. But I still do it out of principle.

I don't disagree with this in theory but I think it takes aim at the wrong target. I will boycott purchasing jerseys and team items with the ads if I want to make a point. That is much more of an easily identified causal choice to teams than it would be to Wawa to  fill up my gas at the Chevron instead of the Wawa.

• Like 1

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Hasn't even stepped into the batter's box yet and already has two balls.

• Like 3
  • LOL 13
  • Huh? 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.