MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

41 minutes ago, LMU said:

Ok, definitely needing to wade through the Nike speak on the Dodgers’ leak because as a life-long Angeleno, at first glance I have no idea where they were going with this. Then again, I still don’t get where the black trim on version 1 came from.

The hashtag is the one thing that’s obvious considering it references Vin Scully’s most famous catchphrase.

And, yes, old English look is definitely targeting a certain portion of the fanbase that other portions aren’t thrilled to be grouped with. Especially for the Dodgers since it’s targeting the type that tend to assault people in the parking lots.

So instead of choosing Olde English font playing up GTA San Andreas/Los Santos vibes which could’ve looked amazing but also appealed to gangbangers, the Dodgers chose the complete polar opposite…. birthday cake sprinkles haha 

How do sprinkles relate to Vin Scully or the “It’s Time for Dodgers Baseball” hashtag?

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
NYCdog.png

On 5/11/2024 at 1:26 PM, coco1997 said:

Oh yeah Cardinal Nation coming out in droves for a live performance of "Mumbling About Xanax"

• LOL 5
  • Facepalm 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, LMU said:

The hashtag is the one thing that’s obvious considering it references Vin Scully’s most famous catchphrase.

Yes.  That one's on me.  Knew it the second I came up with that wrong one.  Hadn't seen it abbreviated like that before.

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 hour ago, NYCdog said:

How do sprinkles relate to Vin Scully or the “It’s Time for Dodgers Baseball” hashtag?

Hence my stating that we need the Nike-speak. I’m sure there’s some three-dimensional chess reasoning for it but right now we have nothing. If it wasn’t for the red I would have thought it was the iconic seat colors.

• Like 1

VmWIn6B.png

Just now, LMU said:

Hence my stating that we need the Nike-speak. I’m sure there’s some three-dimensional chess reasoning for it but right now we have nothing. If it wasn’t for the red I would have thought it was the iconic seat colors.

Man...  With all the disparate parts of the fandom, that would have worked.  Making a jersey based around the one thing that unites the entire community: Dodger Stadium.

Well, not all of the community.

• Like 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cleveland the most brutal one yet..... so bland, and no sleeve patch, except the ad patch! Which complete ruins the 1 ounce of dignity these may have.

CINCY,  MOTOR CITY,  PHILLY,  NYC,  CLE,  LOS ANGELES ....   Those terrible huge block letter front scripts keeps coming 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Huh? 3
  • Dislike 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

That Dodgers CC is a huge improvement 

No way, the blue one is much better, they just need white or grey pants when using it.

This one looks like a birthday cake.  And another genetic front block script 😒

• Yawn 3
  • Dislike 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Eyeroll 1

12 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

There is a small handful of great ones, a few decent ones, but I'm convinced now that the City Connect concept is a crime against baseball. 

Not just a crime against baseball, they’re an abomination.  Cleveland’s release made me laugh out loud.  It’s beer league softball at this point. 

• Like 2
  • Huh? 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, mafiaman said:

A crime against baseball?  They’re an abomination.  Cleveland’s release made me laugh out loud.  It’s beer league softball at this point. 

Well...almost. They haven't gone to sublimation...yet.
But remember the immortal words of Malcolm McLaren: "the only notes that really count are the ones that come in wads". As long as Cash Grab Connect product is ringing the till, MLB/Nike will continue to slop it out there.

Edited by M59
Stuff
  • Like 1

As a Guardians fan, I'm satisfied with the CC uniform. I DESPISE city uniforms in general, but this is probably the best one so far. As others have said, it still feels like the Guardians. The elements are actually based on the identity of the team and not some random subcultural element of the city. The CLE thing is dumb, but I honestly wish our whole set was based around this look. The standard uniforms feel like the empty shell of the Indians. This look would've been a perfect way to move into the Guardians era.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, adsarebad said:

Cleveland the most brutal one yet..... so bland, and no sleeve patch, except the ad patch! Which complete ruins the 1 once of dignity these may have.

CINCY,  MOTOR CITY,  PHILLY,  NYC,  CLE,  LOS ANGELES ....   Those terrible huge block letter front scripts keeps coming 

The Mets' "NYC" is Tuscan, the same style as the "New York" on their road jerseys. 

Looking at all of the Cardinals recent X posts and other media, everything is in red and black. I have a feeling that is where this CC is headed. 

Brutal.  I would much rather them lean into navy blue. At least that is a team color and part of their history.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

There is a small handful of great ones, a few decent ones, but I'm convinced now that the City Connect concept is a crime against baseball. 

I would agree. I think some of them are tweaks away from massive improvements, but there are a handful that are just not great. If I had to rank the best ones it would be:

1. Angels

2. Marlins

3. Cleveland

4. Chicago White Sox

5. Colorado.

• Like 1

The Guardians have updated their profile logo to the bat-wielding logo featured on the CC socks.

440944824_979481983545506_38699829305241

My hope is that they continue to incorporate the art deco into the branding, find ways to stand out a bit as a red/white/blue team. 

The racing stripes and the pattern on the numbers/letters is really well done. Don't love the texture on the blue of the jersey as much. I know some people hate "The Land" but I feel like that would have been an improvement on CLE, personally. 

• Like 9

29 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

Looking at all of the Cardinals recent X posts and other media, everything is in red and black. I have a feeling that is where this CC is headed. 

Brutal.  I would much rather them lean into navy blue. At least that is a team color and part of their history.

spacer.png

• Like 1

spacer.png