MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

I feel like I'm having an @CaliforniaGlowin  moment, because I like these as a silly little alt for all the people in that cities subculture.        

If we need to live with  these CC stuff, we might as well acknowledge when they do a good job of representing an aspect of their city and make something decently fun      

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, JohnnyCowboy5 said:

GMWoX-3XMAEBJ1n?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Look how sick that brim on bottom is

23 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Interesting, that might be a fashion hat.  The one on MLBShop shows a different underbrim.

mens-new-era-black-tampa-bay-rays-2024-c

Squatchee, sweatband, and New Era logo are different as well.

• Like 1

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

This may well be the first time in recorded human history that TAMPA BAY has broken the internet...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

3 hours ago, yungNASDAQ said:

The Tampa Pro skate contest is one of the largest and longest-running international skateboarding competitions in the world. It's a beloved event in the skateboarding community that has more "street cred" than the Olympics or X-Games. spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

The fact that this City Connect uniform is educating so many of us on Tampa’s (apparently) rich skateboarding history means that they accomplished one of their primary objectives: Educating outsiders about Tampa’s civic culture and pride. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 4

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I actually kinda like what the Rays did. It's fun and kitschy. I probably would have filled in the wordmark and number with a color, but otherwise it's one of the better city connects. (White Sox, Marlins)

The merch is awesome and I might grab a hat.

• Like 8

Considering that biologically, rays and skates (the marine animal) are closely related, I’m surprised that Tampa didn’t take this opportunity to trademark #SkateCulture.

• Like 1

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

4 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

They teased it was going to be powder blue 🙄

I love the gradient and the neon look but yeah it's not practical on the field. The flame font is meh.

One of the posts by the team specifically said "this is not a teaser", y'all took the bait

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Sorry, I'm on an iPad