2023-'24 NHL season

Kramerica Industries

4 hours ago, ruttep said:

I can't believe they're still going. You lost. If it wasn't pathetic before, it definitely is now (although there is something to be said about Islanders fans being happy for a Rangers win)

if there's one thing new yorkers hate more than each other, it's southerners who want to yap about NYC. just look at what happened to john rocker.

plus, honestly, I don't care how long ago it was, the islanders won the cup four straight times and the best carolina's got was almost blowing a 3-1 series lead to an 8-seed. you used to be the hartford pissing whalers. show some humility.

• Like 2
  • Yawn 3

53Ocz8U.png

Well, that was a frustrating end to the season. Mostly because this marks the ninth time since 2009 that the Bruins season has ended in a game 6 or game 7...at home. They're giving the Celtics a run for their money for who is worse at home in the playoffs.

Were the Panthers the better team? Obviously yes. But they didn't do anything that overwhelmed Boston, in my opinion. They weren't the ones making the Bruins make more passes instead of taking open, point-blank shots. They weren't the ones making the Bruins whiff on passes. They weren't the ones making the Bruins make the weakest breakout passes (up the boards, obviously) out of their own zone. The Bruins had plenty of chances to do more in this series, but made mind-boggling decisions to beat themselves.

First thing the Bruins need to do is see what they can get for Charlie McAvoy. You're not winning anything with him as your #1 defensemen, and it's shown the last few poseasons. He is a completely different player once the regular season ends. The organization needs to stop pretending he doesn't completely shut down in the playoffs. Mason Lohrei, a rookie, showed far more poise and confidence than McAvoy did at any point in the postseason.

On to next season...

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

3 hours ago, JerseyJimmy said:

if there's one thing new yorkers hate more than each other, it's southerners who want to yap about NYC. just look at what happened to john rocker.

plus, honestly, I don't care how long ago it was, the islanders won the cup four straight times and the best carolina's got was almost blowing a 3-1 series lead to an 8-seed. you used to be the hartford pissing whalers. show some humility.

That is a weird way to phrase the Hurricanes won the Stanley Cup. 

C’mon now. There are PLENTY of things you can mock us about right now. And looking at your post history in this thread, you’re just itching to do it. But mocking the Canes for almost not winning the Stanley Cup 18 years ago doesn’t hurt our feelings. 

• Like 4

T1oYViW.png

3 hours ago, JerseyJimmy said:

This will be the second time I've nicely asked you to stop with the hating on the south bull:censored:. There will not be a third.

You need to find a way to talk hockey without making it all about your irrational hatred of all things southern. I suggest you do it right quick.

• Like 1
  • WOAH 1

BB52Big.jpg

Unfortunately, there's no better way to pay tribute to the Hurricanes than by taking lots of low-quality shots. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Is it bad that I replied to one of Carolina's tweets with this? 😎

giphy.gif

Probably one of the tamer replies the Hurricanes have received tbh

10 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I’d have picked this:

I chose that gif for a specific reason. Chris Kreider's natural hat trick in the 3rd period erased a 3-1 Rangers deficit in game six. He basically knocked the Canes out of the playoffs.

BB52Big.jpg

On 5/17/2024 at 9:56 AM, Glover said:

The Cup window is rapidly closing for this franchise, as they'll probably lose two or three big pieces this offseason. And they couldn't even sniff a Stanley Cup Finals appearance - unless you consider getting swept in the conference finals twice in six years to be close. 

There will be a lot more for us Hurricanes fans to "Cry" about in the next few years as we struggle to contend for a wild card spot. Hope whoever come up with that shirt had fun for two weeks with it. 

I think getting Brind'Amour signed to a new contract was the most important part of their offseason, and that's done now. He's a good enough coach that they should be a perennial playoff team for a while, even if they do take a step back.

It sounds like their priority is to get Guentzel re-signed, which will likely cost them a few of the other pending free agents.

not sure why, but this feels like Dallas' cup to lose. them being by far the least interesting potential winner might have something to do with it.

kinda bummed a NYR/VAN final is out the window, but oh well. at least I have an all-New York ECF to look forward to.

53Ocz8U.png