2023-2024 College Basketball

MJWalker45

4 minutes ago, ZapRowsdower8 said:

My Duquesne Dukes are in the tournament for the first time since 1977! My lifelong fandom (I attended one half of one game in the four years I spent there) is finally being rewarded. 

you can drink some beer from the sun today Rowsdower.

• Like 1

so long and thanks for all the fish.

Texas A&M Round 1 right after they poached our athletic director. Ooh wee.

We're playing our best ball of the year and so are they.  I'm conditioned to expect heartbreak but I think we can take em.

AND THE WOMEN ARE PLAYING A&M TOO AHAHAHAHA

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Extreme Mountain West disrespect in this bracket. Every team except San Diego State dropped at least one seed from where the BracketMatrix average had them, with everyone except Colorado State dropping at least two. Nevada in particular was predicted as a 7 and ended up as a 10. That's brutal.

The other teams that the bracketologists were significantly off on were Gonzaga and FAU (both +2) and Virginia (only 20 of the 200 had them in the field). Most had Oklahoma or St. John's in Virginia's place.

ExJworW.png

3 hours ago, PrimalCookie said:

Extreme Mountain West disrespect in this bracket. Every team except San Diego State dropped at least one seed from where the BracketMatrix average had them, with everyone except Colorado State dropping at least two. Nevada in particular was predicted as a 7 and ended up as a 10. That's brutal.

The other teams that the bracketologists were significantly off on were Gonzaga and FAU (both +2) and Virginia (only 20 of the 200 had them in the field). Most had Oklahoma or St. John's in Virginia's place.

8jnzug.jpg

• Like 1

bYhYmxh.png

Literally had no teams of mine -- LSU, Georgia Tech (alum of each), Southern Miss ( where about half my family graduated from)-- to cheer for in the Big Dance.

Daughter # 2, who just graduated from LSU in December has been accepted into the College of Charleston for graduate school and will be attending there this fall.  

So now I'll be pulling for the Cougars (especially since they are up against the hated Crimson Tide in the 1st round). 😁

• Like 3

It is what it is.

On 3/17/2024 at 1:58 PM, ZapRowsdower8 said:

My Duquesne Dukes are in the tournament for the first time since 1977! My lifelong fandom (I attended one half of one game in the four years I spent there) is finally being rewarded. 

I’VE GOT DUKIE FEVER!!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Jack Gohlke is such a perfect March Madness character. 

Can’t even wrap my head around that stat line. 

Refs just bailed Kansas out. 

• Like 1

IUe6Hvh.png

I am breaking my “never blame the officials” spell for this one. Apologies to anyone complaining about refs I have yelled at before, I get it now. 

Yes, Samford should have played better throughout the game. They had some really dumb possessions, bricked some huge free throws, and still had a chance to take it to OT after the call, but oh my god that’s egregious. 

The ref was clearly gonna call a foul no matter what happened on that play, it was a pure anticipation call with no way to correct it if it went wrong. He didn’t even touch the guy. 

Why I’m really mad about this is Samford may never get this chance again. They hadn’t made it in 24 years before this year, and had a blue blood on the absolute ropes. 

Add in the powers that be desperately wanting to weed these teams out of the big dance sooner rather than later and there’s a chance this may be it for this team and fanbase.

Yet this is how it ends. A ref not playing who’s not even paying attention to what’s in front of his eyes letting a Kansas team who wants to flush this season ASAP move on for nothing. 

Wooh that was cathartic. And I don’t even have a connection to Samford other than them being a team with a high number next to their name in March. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience