2024-25 NHL Changes

LMU

11 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

The Kings should just slap a crown on the front of their jersey. That's all they need. We don't need the entire team's name on the logo. We know who they are. 

100 %. If it were me this would be the shoulder patch and the crown would be the logo. That crown could be embroidered so nicely on the front of a jersey.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

10 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

For the Kings, just give me striping that's the same size across different jerseys. If you're doing the same template, just make the stripes match.

Kaliyev_2-scaled.jpg
usatsi_22867712.jpg

The 2017 introduction of the Adidas template was the perfect opportunity to fix this annoying inconsistency.  Perplexing that they didn't do it.  The black jersey would have looked significantly better with full hem-striping, 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Morgan33 said:

The 2017 introduction of the Adidas template was the perfect opportunity to fix this annoying inconsistency.  Perplexing that they didn't do it.  The black jersey would have looked significantly better with full hem-striping, 

I think both options are good in themselves with their own strengths and weaknesses.

Just pick one.

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I think both options are good in themselves with their own strengths and weaknesses.

Just pick one.

I always found the black ones to be frustratingly plain...  Having a primarily black logo on a black background didn't help.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Morgan33 said:

I always found the black ones to be frustratingly plain...  Having a primarily black logo on a black background didn't help.

The logo was on the smallish side so the hem/torso stripes were definitely needed

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

With the upcoming change, I went through the Ducks jersey breakdown and the Mighty Ducks still have the edge.

Mighty Ducks primary - 12 seasons

Webbed-D primary - 10 seasons

Ducks script primary - 8 seasons

Also a bit late, but I am believing that Ducks leak is real. That's clearly Cam Fowler and Troy Terry in the photo and I don't know if any sort of fake would leaked in a style of a blurry screenshot from what's most likely the reveal video. I'll have to wait and see for the actual reveal but it's definitely an upgrade over the previous set but I'm currently unsure about the amount of orange on the away set.

• Like 2

deK8sJk.png

Double post, but I'm not looking forward to seeing how many genius on the internet say "The Ducks couldn't go back to the original Mighty Ducks set because Disney still owns the rights!1!!!1!" despite the fact you can look up that the Ducks franchise owns the trademarks and in only 4 of their 18 non-Mighty seasons did they not use the Mighty Ducks logo in some form.

• Like 2

deK8sJk.png

Disney had to make their own legally distinct version for the reboot series. That alone should tell people who owns what.

fZvUSm6.png

Even when the actual logo and the Anaheim Ducks appear in season 2 they're very on-the-nose about it. "Hey, this logo? This is our thing. It's on our puck and all around our arena. But we're gonna be nice and let you borrow our brand new Reverse Retro 2.0 jerseys for a bit."

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

The only way the Kings should do purple/yellow is if it's a straight recolor of what they just released.  They can't be trusted to use purple any other way.  The crown-jerseys are cool throwbacks, but that's it.  A purple/yellow Chevy uniform would be cool (IIRC, the original version of the Chevy logo was purple/yellow, just without the full outline.

EDIT:  
iuzdk8tqrm1jrqg6bhfwjpgnq.gif

I could see people saying it's infringing on the Lakers quite a bit, but what.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

Disney had to make their own legally distinct version for the reboot series. That alone should tell people who owns what.

fZvUSm6.png

Even when the actual logo and the Anaheim Ducks appear in season 2 they're very on-the-nose about it. "Hey, this logo? This is our thing. It's on our puck and all around our arena. But we're gonna be nice and let you borrow our brand new Reverse Retro 2.0 jerseys for a bit."

Complete aside, but that would make a nice colorway for the Utah Hockey Team...

• Like 5

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

6 hours ago, monkeypower said:

in only 4 of their 18 non-Mighty seasons did they not use the Mighty Ducks logo in some form.

Bro, they just paid Disney for the rights for 14 years bro! I swear! Trust me bro!

• LOL 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

This is obviously the best uniform in Kings history...  Not necessarily advocating they go back to these colours, since most of their achievements happened in black & silver, but from a purely visual standpoint this one reigns supreme.  Bring it back as an alternate please!

lL9l3cf.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Wallpapers released on the King's Twitter account.  Could be an indication they plan to use striping closer to the 90's jerseys, as opposed to that "space man" silver version they wore this year. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

Kings going back to that logo is great, I never liked that LA typeface on the front and thought it always looked very bland. 

I don't know if that Ducks leak is true, but using the Flyers Orange and going with a primarily Orange jersey is weird, why can't they just go back to the MDOA colors and try to incorporate the orange in it somehow? Ah well. 

• Like 1

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

On 6/20/2024 at 11:06 PM, Klondyke said:

I also remember an interview from the OG designer saying he just got the sketch from a random book and did not realize it was a Queen's crown till years later (which was one of the reasons the crown with the purple jerseys was changed). In saying that, your point is valid, as many nations had crowns like the one in the logo that were not gendered. I am sure the designers on this go did their research on this

Is there any font experts that can speak to what the designer of the new Chevy logo is referencing when he says 'the old 90's font of the logo created too many issues"?? Typography has never really been my thing. When I design something, I usually just borrow fonts from whatever is trendy. I know there is theory to it

He did mention the thinness of the strokes, like on the "K" and the "N".  As someone who's worked with fonts. sometimes when you reduce a font too small you lose portions of it. You can also just have type become a blob. Here are two examples that i have: spacer.pngspacer.png

10 hours ago, Klondyke said:

Wallpapers released on the King's Twitter account.  Could be an indication they plan to use striping closer to the 90's jerseys, as opposed to that "space man" silver version they wore this year.

As they should.  Their 90's striping in that glitter material is going to look fantastic.

• Like 2