2024 NFL Changes

8 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

I still think the Jets would be better off making minor tweaks to the Sack Exchange uniforms. I'd like to see them keep the current unique block font rather than go back to a generic one. A small Jets wordmark at the base of the collar wouldn't be too shabby either. 

In almost all instances, generic block >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> custom font. There are only a few cases that get an exception. The only two teams in the NFL that I think are better off with a custom font are the Bears and Ravens. That's it.

• Like 6
  • Meh 1
  • Dislike 7
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, fouhy12 said:

They’re really pushing that SpongeBob tie-in, aren’t they?  The damn logo is the Patrick Star color palette.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

VmWIn6B.png

1 hour ago, GriffinM6 said:

I still think the Jets would be better off making minor tweaks to the Sack Exchange uniforms. I'd like to see them keep the current unique block font rather than go back to a generic one. A small Jets wordmark at the base of the collar wouldn't be too shabby either. 

I wouldn't say the Sack Exchange numbers are generic,  look at the bend on the 7. I believe this is a champion block font which used to be quite popular but now I don't think it is used anywhere.spacer.png

• Like 5

6 hours ago, HOOVER said:

Nice mockup of possible Black set via Twitter:

GGG8m9nW4AESC_2?format=jpg&name=large

Likely what we get and while I don't think any of us want a Black alt, we're getting one, so if this is close to what it will be, I can accept these terms since the move to the Sack Exchange home & away is a mega-win for the Jets.

Will remind many of the Black 49ers alts of years ago; I was in the minority of people who didn't hate those as a standalone uniform  (they just didn't suit the 49ers).

6 hours ago, HOOVER said:

And another from Jake Buff:

Either of these will work for me. A simple, clean, timeless look. Happy the Jets listened to the fans just don’t overthink it with any unnecessary gimmicks added in. 

I did like the Nike uniforms just hated the “New York” text on the chest that Nike has tried to shoehorn in on so many redesigned uniforms (Browns, Falcons ATL, Cardinals, etc). It’s totally unnecessary and I wish Nike would ditch that design ethos. It has never looked good no matter how they’ve tried to apply that gimmick to any team’s uniforms 

• Like 2
NYCdog.png

2 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

That's so loud that it hurts my ears. 

But after 10 years of boring ass logos, I'll take it. Just wish they'd stop the "template" style. 

• Like 3

iq5b7nF.png

33 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

I wouldn't say the Sack Exchange numbers are generic,  look at the bend on the 7. I believe this is a champion block font which used to be quite popular but now I don't think it is used anywhere.spacer.png

By definition it's a generic font, because it had been used across multiple teams that had Champion as their uniform suppliers. But since the Jets are the only ones with it now, it's almost become a custom font. 

• Like 4

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Nothing about this says New Orleans to me. It screams acid trip. Super Bowl LIX the rainbow. 

Of the 11 Super Bowl’s New Orleans has hosted, this might be the worst logo. I can envision conspiracy theorists predicting a Chiefs vs Packers (green & yellow both in there) rematch of Super Bowl 1

NYCdog.png

Not sure who the guys are behind ProLine Mockups but they're doing the Lord's work:

GGKGj1_acAA7XtW?format=jpg&name=large

GGKGrSQbQAAV0cC?format=jpg&name=large

GGKGkpLagAAGUcu?format=jpg&name=large

I still prefer Green/White/Solid Green socks and White/White/Solid Green socks.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Get ready ready for the “New York Nights, Big City Lights”  all black uniform with hyper reflective green screen print numbers and stripes with chrome logos on the helmet

Based on the way they said "new green and black versions", I'm still anticipating kelly green-on-black similar to the concepts that were posted in this thread.

• Like 2

On 2/11/2024 at 4:54 PM, Dynasty said:

Super Bowl LIX logo Prediction: Based on the Super Bowl Committee logo and color scheme, I'm going to guess that LIX will consist of shades of blue and gold. The NFL should still be on the backdrop inside of numerals theme, so I can assume that it will include a combination of French architecture and/or a street lamp.

6 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

I was mostly wrong. Although, I'm guessing that design is based on the curly-like structures you see on the French architecture present in the older parts of the city. I'm actually surprised they didn't keep going with the backdrop theme because there could've been more features used to represent New Orleans.

Anyway, the color scheme is pretty jarring. I've never liked pink and green together, but it's even worse when it's toned up so brightly. As someone pointed out, it's like an acid trip.

• Like 1

50 points for whoever uncovers the first legit image of an Eagles jersey with the new wordmark.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, HOOVER said:

Not sure who the guys are behind ProLine Mockups but they're doing the Lord's work:

GGKGj1_acAA7XtW?format=jpg&name=large

GGKGrSQbQAAV0cC?format=jpg&name=large

GGKGkpLagAAGUcu?format=jpg&name=large

I still prefer Green/White/Solid Green socks and White/White/Solid Green socks.

Looking at these makes you realize just what a difference a pants stripe makes. It takes a boring mono look and turns it into a great uniform. Definitely prefer the stripes socks as well, but that's another story. 

• Like 3

I’m surprised the Jets are in fact just straight-up going back to the Legacy uniforms, & a bit underwhelmed. Honestly, I think this outgoing set was a bit over-hated:

9 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Photos: Nike Unveils New New York Jets Uniforms

6 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

1437750496.0.jpg

Much more 2017 Lions or 2023 Cardinals than 2014 Bucs or 2015 Browns. The shoehorning in of black onto the green & white jerseys was a bit unnecessary, as was the black helmet. Otherwise, it’s a fine modernization of the Jets’ look to me, even if the helmet logo is a bit boring. I didn’t even mind the black uniform on its own for a couple games a year, as long as it was paired with the green helmet with the gorgeous finish. 

This is probably just me, but I think the Sack Exchange uniforms are at most a lateral move below the helmet. As I’ve stated before, if they were going to simply revert to a throwback look, the Namath-era set with the brighter green would be much more iconic and unique.

As much as I used to be a Nike homer & still generally prefer them over other companies, this is a really bad look for them. Pretty much every uniform change they made in the 2010’s decade has already reverted or is about to revert to a more classic style, save for the Seahawks and Vikings. Even relatively conservative designs like these Jets and the Lions are getting changed. I wonder if it has to do with the teams seeing fan perception or just wanting to change for the sake of change.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 3