2024 NFL Changes

54 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

These are crying out for red socks. 

3 hours ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Think these would really benefit from red facemasks. 

OCt702X.png

• Like 17
  • Love 1
  • Applause 2
  • Yawn 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

3 minutes ago, chriscj1983 said:

Why do I get the feeling the blue shoulder horns extend to the nameplate on the back of the jersey?

wait-what-wait-a-minute.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

The horn is basically a platform for the swoosh to live in, just like the Seahawks and Vikings have designs that highlight Nike’s advertisement. 

It’s brilliant on Nike’s end, but lousy that it puts their brand on par or even above the team’s. 

The swoosh is above the horn, not in it

Here's a side by side of the Texans with the red facemask, socks, and numbers for comparison.

RscJNKT.png

• Like 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Weird Idea:  What if the horns on the sleeves of the uniform that has been leaked are not the same on the back as the front.  What if they actually extend across the entire back to form one huge set of longhorn horns, with the player  name in white within the center of the two horns (blue)?   Hmmm.. that may be worth a concept. 

• Like 2
  • WOAH 1

1 hour ago, CS85 said:

OCt702X.png

Thank you! You, sir, are the real MVP. 

1 hour ago, chriscj1983 said:

Why do I get the feeling the blue shoulder horns extend to the nameplate on the back of the jersey?

14 minutes ago, WideRight said:

Weird Idea:  What if the horns on the sleeves of the uniform that has been leaked are not the same on the back as the front.  What if they actually extend across the entire back to form one huge set of longhorn horns, with the player  name in white within the center of the two horns (blue)?   Hmmm.. that may be worth a concept. 

I’ve said essentially the same thing about the now-outgoing NYJ uniforms, with their pointy plane wing jersey stripes, since they were introduced. That could’ve been really cool. 

14 hours ago, mattr1198 said:

Not too much of an upgrade, not a downgrade either. Texans brand is pretty boring as is, and sure the horn sleeves and the number color swap are upgrades, but something just feels kinda "meh" about their brand still.

The Oilers were a tough act to follow, and the Texans' brand is too limited conceptually. I still think they made a big mistake not picking Apollos as the name.

• Like 3

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

13 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

The Oilers were a tough act to follow, and the Texans' brand is too limited conceptually. I still think they made a big mistake not picking Apollos as the name.

I badly wanted something space themed. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, dont care said:

The swoosh is above the horn, not in it

I don't think there's been a clear view that shows this. The 'game action' is an estimate of what they look like. I see red in the sleeve horn, and that would fit Nike's MO for how they handle the swoosh.

It's where I sit.

58 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Thank you! You, sir, are the real MVP. 

I’ve said essentially the same thing about the now-outgoing NYJ uniforms, with their pointy plane wing jersey stripes, since they were introduced. That could’ve been really cool. 

I want to be extremely clear that if these shoulder horns extend across the back of these jerseys, it will be the exact opposite of 'cool'.

2 hours ago, MDGP said:

JgDhMB5.png

Took me a bit to find it at first too. The stripe being horizontal due to the player squatting threw me off.

So is the stripe truncated, as Nike has been known to do, or is he wearing an untucked navy undershirt? I don't think this phrase has ever been said before, but... I'm hoping his shirt is untucked.

10 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I don't think there's been a clear view that shows this. The 'game action' is an estimate of what they look like. I see red in the sleeve horn, and that would fit Nike's MO for how they handle the swoosh.

It is most definitely a stripe. If that were the swoosh then it would be backwards, too far down the sleeve, and too far forward. The blue spot above the horn is the swoosh. You can see it in the reflection.

• Like 2

spacer.png

30 minutes ago, chriscj1983 said:

I want to be extremely clear that if these shoulder horns extend across the back of these jerseys, it will be the exact opposite of 'cool'.

You can see in the reflection that the horn stops at the sleeve cap - thankfully.

14 minutes ago, burgundy said:

So is the stripe truncated, as Nike has been known to do, or is he wearing an untucked navy undershirt? I don't think this phrase has ever been said before, but... I'm hoping his shirt is untucked.

It is most definitely a stripe. If that were the swoosh then it would be backwards, too far down the sleeve, and too far forward. The blue spot above the horn is the swoosh. You can see it in the reflection.

It looks to be a truncated stripe with the Texans logo in the gap.

38 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

You can see the Nike swoosh in the reflection.

• Like 1