2024 NFL Changes

23 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

(mod edit) item removed

By “bold”, do you mean a color with a high saturation value? By that definition some navy shades would qualify. But the decision to switch to navy is almost never a bold one. It’s an overly safe, unoriginal choice. 

By bold is by the color category. For example, navy blue, burgundy, olive, mustard, grape, rust, etc. are part of the bold category because of the dark colors, but very rich and not saturated to be dull colors (which I will get to in a minute). But colors like burgundy, navy blue, etc are considered in the bold category.

Tertiary colors like yellow-orange (amber), blue-green (teal), red-violet (magenta), yellow-green (chartreuse), red-orange (vermillion), and blue-violet or blue-purple (indigo) are considered the third colors next to the secondary and the primary colors. reasons why the REAL names like this ---> (color) is because to me that is what they really are (blue-green to me is teal and red-orange is vermillion in my eyes).

Dull colors seem to be very saturated for example air force blue, royal purple, rose taupe, garnet (nastiest saturated red ever seen, the gem itself makes it dark when freed, but the real stone the gem comes from is the ugliest color I have ever seen), wine (wine is a saturated burgundy which makes sense how some grey is admixed into burgundy to create wine), khaki (the most saturated yellows ever!!!), Persian orange (an ugly saturated orange; the most saturated color in the Persian color category), etc.

We know the pastel colors are powder blue, blush pink, vanilla, etc, etc.

Most of the colors just have a certain category because of the eyes. My eyes will look at royal purple and I can tell it's a saturated color. If I am looking at teal, it's just like red, blue, yellow, green, orange, violet or purple, and the likes of vermillion, amber, magenta, chartreuse, and indigo as it's the normal color category since primary, secondary, and tertiary colors are just the average colors. I always call it, the twelve normal colors that starts out the rest.

So to me, the Jaguars teal is a normal shade just like the Giants blue is just a regular blue (unlike the Bills, Rams, etc. who have royal blue which is a light, slightly saturated version of azure and indigo meeting each other in a bar and going to see a Royals game. And the Chiefs have a scarlet like color (orange-red = scarlet) like how orange-yellow = golden yellow or athletic gold and how green-blue = azure (the Lions use a bluer shade of this but lighter and slightly teal like azure) but the Panthers use the vivid cyan version of cerulean, but lighter making it in the cyan colors. Then we got the Vikings helmets which is saturated due to the finish making it more like dark lavender which dark lavender is a dull color (the saturated family); (I am glad they do not call it that which would not been received well, but that is what it is).

I took color theory in college because I was going in for graphics art and the like and learned a LOT of things in that class. It was very interesting learning and I started figuring out color categories all too well.

• Like 3
  • Huh? 3

4 hours ago, RyanMcD29 said:

Today's one of my favorite days of the summer- Pocket Helmet Delivery Day!

And what absolutely slipped by me when the Texans announced their new look was this. Saw it on the helmet, searched the uniform PR piece to make sure this wasn't a design error, and uhh... sure enough that's the back of the helmet and WOOF

GRvdvNubUAA9OIN?format=jpg&name=large

How did we miss this? All three helmets have a logo on the back. This really brings the new look down a lot. Absolutely stupid.

colorrush.jpg

alternateuniform.jpg

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

bSLCtu2.png

Texans are REALLY going to wear 3 helmets that look nothing like each other. Or the same brand, even.

Ok.

I remember when new designs were intended to look good, not 🔥🔥🔥❄️❄️❄️

I know, I know. I'll go lie down now. 

• Like 2
  • Eyeroll 1

48 minutes ago, raz said:

Texans are REALLY going to wear 3 helmets that look nothing like each other. Or the same brand, even.

Ok.

I remember when new designs were intended to look good, not 🔥🔥🔥❄️❄️❄️

I know, I know. I'll go lie down now. 

So far the other two helmets will be worn once each.

spacer.png

Last updated 8/9

3 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

By bold is by the color category. For example, navy blue, burgundy, olive, mustard, grape, rust, etc. are part of the bold category because of the dark colors, but very rich and not saturated to be dull colors (which I will get to in a minute). But colors like burgundy, navy blue, etc are considered in the bold category.

Tertiary colors like yellow-orange (amber), blue-green (teal), red-violet (magenta), yellow-green (chartreuse), red-orange (vermillion), and blue-violet or blue-purple (indigo) are considered the third colors next to the secondary and the primary colors. reasons why the REAL names like this ---> (color) is because to me that is what they really are (blue-green to me is teal and red-orange is vermillion in my eyes).

Dull colors seem to be very saturated for example air force blue, royal purple, rose taupe, garnet (nastiest saturated red ever seen, the gem itself makes it dark when freed, but the real stone the gem comes from is the ugliest color I have ever seen), wine (wine is a saturated burgundy which makes sense how some grey is admixed into burgundy to create wine), khaki (the most saturated yellows ever!!!), Persian orange (an ugly saturated orange; the most saturated color in the Persian color category), etc.

We know the pastel colors are powder blue, blush pink, vanilla, etc, etc.

Most of the colors just have a certain category because of the eyes. My eyes will look at royal purple and I can tell it's a saturated color. If I am looking at teal, it's just like red, blue, yellow, green, orange, violet or purple, and the likes of vermillion, amber, magenta, chartreuse, and indigo as it's the normal color category since primary, secondary, and tertiary colors are just the average colors. I always call it, the twelve normal colors that starts out the rest.

So to me, the Jaguars teal is a normal shade just like the Giants blue is just a regular blue (unlike the Bills, Rams, etc. who have royal blue which is a light, slightly saturated version of azure and indigo meeting each other in a bar and going to see a Royals game. And the Chiefs have a scarlet like color (orange-red = scarlet) like how orange-yellow = golden yellow or athletic gold and how green-blue = cerulean (the Lions use a bluer shade of this but lighter and slightly teal like azure) but the Panthers use the vivid cyan version of cerulean, but lighter making it in the cyan colors. Then we got the Vikings helmets which is saturated due to the finish making it more like dark lavender which dark lavender is a dull color (the saturated family); (I am glad they do not call it that which would not been received well, but that is what it is).

I took color theory in college because I was going in for graphics art and the like and learned a LOT of things in that class. It was very interesting learning and I started figuring out color categories all too well.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • LOL 20
  • Dislike 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

• Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Hate 1

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

On 7/2/2024 at 8:55 AM, WSU151 said:

This looks better than the new uniforms. TV numbers, contrasting pants, a stripe that goes to the front of the helmet, and non-white socks make a huge difference. No one has been able to explain why the new helmet stripe is on the back 40% of the helmet.

3 Keys to Denver Broncos' Offensive Line Turning the Corner in 2021 -  Sports Illustrated Mile High Huddle: Denver Broncos News, Analysis and More

I wholeheartedly agree. The color balance is super strong. The navy blue, while clearly the secondary color, still resonates heavily through the helmet, side striped and socks. The new design loses that punch of color and feels more bland.

• Like 6

still better than burgundy on white, but all of the pants need stripes, and the away uni needs to be burned. Commies still look like ass

• Like 19
  • Love 1

2483115_nxeosjolm2c981k_full.jpeg

10 minutes ago, buckeye said:

The yellow pants are a very nice addition but kind of surprised they didn't go double burgandy stripes to tie in to the DC flag. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

36 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

Hopefully this tinkering with the uniform is a sign Washington is going to overhaul their look in the next couple years

Let's hope. That may be why the pants are stripeless. Now hopefully Washington will only wear white pants paired with burgundy socks or vice versa with the white jerseys. Even without the stripes, the gold pants won't fit.