College Football - 2024

Rixaroo

8 hours ago, Lights Out said:

Does Mahomes have a logo? That tweet makes me think UA is going to give Texas Tech Mahomes-branded uniforms like the Curry-branded uniforms they make for Davidson.

If Texas Tech is switching to adidas then I think any new UA jerseys are out of the picture. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 1/22/2024 at 11:41 AM, TrueYankee26 said:

Canes modernize old mascot logo 

I like it, nice clean up while maintaining the overall integrity of the logo. I hope even more schools embrace their old-school mascot logos.

• Like 10

gYH2mW9.png

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing official, but PJ Fleck is rumored to be a leading candidate to replace Chip Kelly at UCLA.

PJ better not :censored: up UCLA’s damn-near-perfect uniforms. 

• Sad 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Nothing official, but PJ Fleck is rumored to be a leading candidate to replace Chip Kelly at UCLA.

PJ better not :censored: up UCLA’s damn-near-perfect uniforms. 

I can't see any advantage to bringing him in other than he's been coaching in the league. I don't think Row the Boat really works with a team like UCLA, but I'm sure he'll try squeezing it in somewhere. 

• Like 4

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...

I know FSU kinda has a thing with the turquoise, but man, I do not want to see these on the field. They had just started to look nice the last year, too. Just stay away from turquoise and the white helmet, and their new set is near perfect.

Also lmao at these geezers who decided to put the pads on. Yikes.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

I know FSU kinda has a thing with the turquoise, but man, I do not want to see these on the field. They had just started to look nice the last year, too. Just stay away from turquoise and the white helmet, and their new set is near perfect.

A hell of a way for 63 to reveal to everyone that he wears a girdle.

• LOL 6

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Possible changes on the way for Mississippi

https://www.si.com/college/olemiss/football/ole-miss-athletic-director-keith-carter-hinting-new-rebels-football-uniforms-lane-kiffin

"You can put together some pretty cool uniform combinations," Carter (Athletic Director) said. "We're actually working on some stuff for football, as well, for next year, so it'll be fun."

Willis asked Carter if we could eventually see a return of the white road jerseys with navy blue stripes and numbering, and while he didn't rule that out, it appears that multiple angles are being workshopped this offseason.

It helps that Ole Miss has worn at least 12 different uniform combinations in each of the last two seasons, so the precedent is already there.

"Potentially," Carter said. We're kind of looking across the board at everything. As we know, Coach Kiffin likes multiple uniform combinations. I think we've had 24 different uniform combinations in the last two years in the regular season, so I don't anticipate that that changes. Obviously, the more options we can have the better.

"I don't know if that specific look, but we're definitely looking at some creative things."

This scares me because Ole Miss has top tier uniforms, and their only problems is they have too many pieces in the wardrobe and should simplify things a bit.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Possible changes on the way for Mississippi

https://www.si.com/college/olemiss/football/ole-miss-athletic-director-keith-carter-hinting-new-rebels-football-uniforms-lane-kiffin

This scares me because Ole Miss has top tier uniforms, and their only problems is they have too many pieces in the wardrobe and should simplify things a bit.

If they added a red stripe inside of the blue stripes, I think that's a good move. I understand tradition, but wearing plain white pants hasn't improved their look. Just don't go back to the sleeve stripes they used for a few years. 

ole-miss-qb-eli-manning-drops-back-to-pajaxson-dart-lsu.jpg

w1TibApZ1NZNSKaf9tD-7faWdIoY-CzYo5d-YMBX

• Like 7

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Ole Miss has been inching closer and closer toward making powder the main blue over the last few years. Definitely worried about the rest of the design considering how Kiffin likes the whole "different combo for every game" thing, but I hope they make the switch official.

ExJworW.png

The only uniforms Ole Miss needs.

I think they should promote powder blue lids to primary status. I’ve also long preferred the red jerseys, especially when they are paired with those helmets. I don’t mind the navy stripe on the pants. It’s just one of those quirks but it doesn’t detract from the set. They’ve had that double stripe for so long that I think it would be wrong to change it to powder blue. The navy jersey and helmet could be alternates.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I think that’s enough and just about perfect, but if they have to have alternates, I’d take these, too. I didn’t love the powder jersey, but I’ve come around to it because it’s definitely their color. It’s also unique in the SEC. And I think white pants probably look best with that jersey. Light blue and gray doesn’t sound like an appealing combination. Speaking of white pants, I found they looked fine with the powder helmet and white jersey. That combo still had a strong classic look thanks to the helmet and jersey. And the all white combo was fine, too. I’d say the all white is the only one truly deviating much from the classic look.

spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png

Deep cut: I even loved this one. I can understand why it wouldn’t be regularly worn, but it was a throwback to honor a former player.

spacer.png

But that’s it! That’s the list. Anything else is forbidden. The looks above  (except the all white) made the cut for one reason and that’s because they are classic looks, immediately recognizable as Ole Miss. Too many of their other combos change things up, ie using a triple stripe on the helmet, swapping decals, using white helmets with jerseys that shouldn’t pair with them, or weird pants (navy).

• Like 4

On 2/25/2024 at 12:22 AM, aawagner011 said:

Also lmao at these geezers who decided to put the pads on. Yikes.

Huge fan of Native American use of turquoise.  I may be in the minority, but I’d love to see these on-field.  Assume they’d need to be paired with a new white helmet and pants.

• Like 4

On 1/11/2024 at 10:02 AM, Rygi13 said:

I’m hoping Indiana gets a new set with a new head coach in town. They are also about to renew their deal with adidas or sign with a new company (unlikely). 

Their set from last year was terrible quality and controversially added black back to the uniforms. I would hope a new apparel deal means adidas’ knit uniforms in the traditional cream and crimson. I would imagine any new adidas deal demands “tier one” treatment for uniforms. 

My wife’s family are all diehard Hoosiers.  I can’t even watch the teams because of how bad the adidas looks are.  

Praying they flip to Nike.  

And yea…Crimson & Cream.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

The only uniforms Ole Miss needs.

I think they should promote powder blue lids to primary status. I’ve also long preferred the red jerseys, especially when they are paired with those helmets. I don’t mind the navy stripe on the pants. It’s just one of those quirks but it doesn’t detract from the set. They’ve had that double stripe for so long that I think it would be wrong to change it to powder blue. The navy jersey and helmet could be alternates.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I think that’s enough and just about perfect, but if they have to have alternates, I’d take these, too.

You know what's funny about all this? Ole Miss ain't had matching stripes since 1957:

798a822c115718cced5f11e9b3b7aa13.jpg

3994062.jpeg

That there be Charlie Flowers, who played there from '57-'59. Yes these are black and white photographs, but we can see the mismatched stripe details—and what looks like it may have been the robin egg blue helmet. My point is that while I doubt Ole Miss set out to brand themselves with mismatched stripes, their current supposed-to-be primaries are about as on-brand historically as could be. (It should also be noted that the Rebs claimed three national championships from back then—1959, 1960, and 1962, with the last being their only undefeated and untied season...you know, for those who wanna keep bringing up the whole "BUT DEY WHUN A CHAMPEYUNSHIP!!!4321" line.) So there's that.

(Sidebar: the navy jersey/navy helmet primaries are among my favorite football uniforms ever...for reasons Indiana Jones can't even find. 🤷🏿‍♂️)

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

I didn’t love the powder jersey, but I’ve come around to it because it’s definitely their color. It’s also unique in the SEC. And I think white pants probably look best with that jersey. Light blue and gray doesn’t sound like an appealing combination. Speaking of white pants, I found they looked fine with the powder helmet and white jersey. That combo still had a strong classic look thanks to the helmet and jersey. And the all white combo was fine, too. I’d say the all white is the only one truly deviating much from the classic look.

spacer.png
spacer.png

2 hours ago, PrimalCookie said:

Ole Miss has been inching closer and closer toward making powder the main blue over the last few years. Definitely worried about the rest of the design considering how Kiffin likes the whole "different combo for every game" thing, but I hope they make the switch official.

I happen to know—or at least knew-—that Lane Kiffin LOVES the lighter blue. A while ago I was able to sleuth a couple concept sketches from Oxford, and just about all of them had the lighter blue. Now I don't know how popular the lighter blue is amongst the rest of the athletic department, but it wouldn't shock me in the slightest if Ole Miss were to pull a Ucla move and set a unique set of colors as primary for their football squad. (Back before Ucla standardized their colors across all sports, the football team was in powder and metallic gold—and navy and gold on the road—while the rest of the teams were in a somewhat deeper pacific blue and athletic gold combo. I don't know if a full-on rebrand of Ole Miss sports is actually happening, but I remember hearing a lot of heavy rumblings about it back when I used to run in and out of Oxford for work a few years back, so we'll see. Personally, I think it'd be a nice switch-up for Ole Miss, and at any rate a Mississippi school period. (Plus it'd give us all a program that trots out the tried-and-true Houston Oilers colorway that, at least as of yet, no big-name D1 program lays claim to yet.)

1 hour ago, HOOVER said:

My wife’s family are all diehard Hoosiers.  I can’t even watch the teams because of how bad the adidas looks are.  

And yea…Crimson & Cream.

If recent experience has taught us anything, it's this: be VERRRRY careful what you wish for...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, HOOVER said:

And yea…Crimson & Cream.

Anybody else remember the 1983 version of the Indiana Hoosiers (coached by Sam Wyche) when the replaced all the white in the uniform with a pasty yellow cream color?

spacer.png

spacer.png  spacer.png

Cream facemasks, and even cream road jerseys.  Super hard to find pics of it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • WOAH 1

15 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Anybody else remember the 1983 version of the Indiana Hoosiers (coached by Sam Wyche) when the replaced all the white in the uniform with a pasty yellow cream color?

spacer.png

spacer.png  spacer.png

Cream facemasks, and even cream road jerseys.  Super hard to find pics of it.

They even creamed their pants.

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

spacer.png