College Football - 2024

Rixaroo

WVU's new shoulder stripes don't make me think of the Pat White era. They remind me of the Brian Brohm Louisville teams that were a rival to WV when they were in the Big East together.

• Like 3

Hotter Than July > Thriller

23 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Not a fan of the new WV jerseys

It's unfortunate from a branding standpoint that WVU's arguably most consistently successful stretch of seasons were in the Pat White/Geno Smith uniforms as those are the uniforms that much of a broader national audience associates with WVU. While I think that design was essentially a far more tasteful application of the original 1997 Denver Broncos striping and is fairly tame by standards of the time, each redesign since they went to the navy helmet and the flying WV (1980) has been unnecessary tinkering (to outright eschewing) with that original look.

A modernization of the original look would be my preference (if not an outright return to that look; though that's unrealistic given Nike's coherent branding across the University's sports programs). And I don't hate some of the changes and added elements that the 2019 redesign brought: there's more emphasis on the navy-gold-navy striping. I liked the Country Roads alternates for a big game, etc. And while the flying WV is the mark that the team should use, I don't mind it within the state outline as an alternate logo.

These new ones are slightly worse than what they replace. (There's too much gold on these for the navy jerseys, just like there was too much gold on the navy jerseys in the 2019 set.) But they're still better than the pickax uniforms or either of the jerseys Pat White wore (taking the timeline back to 2002, which wasn't really great either because they had inexplicably added white drop shadows to the numbers that year).

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

WVU's new shoulder stripes don't make me think of the Pat White era. They remind me of the Brian Brohm Louisville teams that were a rival to WV when they were in the Big East together.

While this was not the first thing I thought of when I saw those stripes (I figured they were going for what Pat White/Geno Smith wore, but I also thought Houston Texans or even USC since they didn't have the side panel/Broncos stripes), this is an interesting point.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2024 at 12:33 PM, DCarp1231 said:

New uniforms for West Virginia

I like them. 

UNI-one.png?w=1920&h=1080&crop=1

DSC07710.jpg?width=1024&height=576&mode=

I would probably still change up the pant stripes colors on the blue pants, but they are all using the same pattern which I guess is good. Until I saw a game last year, I hadn't realized that West Virginia had changed their uniforms in 2021. I still though they had the uniforms with contrasting sleeves. I also wonder if we'll see a fourth uniform at some point in the year as well?

DSC01589.1376253131.0.JPG

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 4/28/2024 at 12:56 AM, bowld said:

Those old unis remind me of how much I use to crush it on NCAA 14? Using them. Pat White/Steve Slayton combo was unstoppable 

Pat White and Steve Slaton had to be like NCAA 07 or 08.

• Like 2

WVU’s new unis makes miss the Texans’ former look. 😢

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Sad 2

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Just now, cajunaggie08 said:

Houston told the NFL to shove their cease and desist up where the sun don't shine and will now be wearing even more columbia blue

It does mention they are going to change the striping pattern to avoid it being "too Oiler-y" but it'll be nice to see them use the color among more teams.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nuordr said:

New uniforms for the Iowa State Cyclones: 

spacer.png

Now all they need is yellow pants for the home look (and occasional away). I don't know why Matt Campbell hates yellow so much.

EDIT: There are Yellow pants from this picture! How often they'll be worn though I don't know. Hopefully at least a few games a year.spacer.png

• Like 8

I love, love, love the "I-State" look. I prefer these colors without blue trim. And I really didn't like the spinning bird on top of the initials.

Their first look, while a bit too USCish was my favorite. Everything since has been a step back in my opinion. Even so, these are still very nice and amongst the best in the country (there are times I'd have called the USCish unis #1 in the country).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)