College Football - 2024

Rixaroo

The Ducks just revealed their new throwback-inspired away set, which features the O logo on an athletic gold lid for just the second time ever (2009 Civil War was the only other time). This is right up there with the very best looks the Ducks have ever had IMO and is easily the best of what they‘ll be wearing this year. These will be mixed and matched with the green helmets and or pants and possibly white pants as well.

Additionally, the Duck Store jumped the gun and prematurely posted (then soon deleted) an image of the retail version of the modern “Fly Era” white jersey:

spacer.png

• Like 10
  • Love 3

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, Green27 said:

The white and navy stuff just feels out of place a bit, doesn't it? BYU should just stick with the royal and white. 

• Like 10
  • Dislike 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

8 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The Ducks just revealed their new throwback-inspired away set, which features the O logo on an athletic gold lid for just the second time ever (2009 Civil War was the only other time). This is right up there with the very best looks the Ducks have ever had IMO and is easily the best of what they‘ll be wearing this year. These will be mixed and matched with the green helmets and or pants and possibly white pants as well.

Additionally, the Duck Store jumped the gun and prematurely posted (then soon deleted) an image of the retail version of the modern “Fly Era” white jersey:

spacer.png

Kinda bummed they didn't go with an egg shell base for these. Might have been too many elements but that hasn't stopped us before

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

10 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The retro striping with the modern logo doesn't work well.

• Like 2
  • Meh 1
  • Yawn 2

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

20 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Yeah those are absolutely beautiful. I'm a fan. 

• Like 6

KtHjnlJ.png

21 hours ago, upperV03 said:

That’s pretty nice.  Match the helmet stripes on the pants, and base a green jersey version on it, and they’re pretty much done.  

• Like 3

I guess these will be an upgrade for Colorado…and I assume this is one jersey of quite a few.  Nice, but not quite “OMG amazingly awesome”. Hopefully the execution in real life will be better than Utah's old mountain sleeves. 

edit - I thought I recognize the design in the mountains - looks to be essentially the same design as what CU has/had on its basketball court

CU Events Center | Boulder COCU Events Center - Facilities - University of Colorado Athletics

(the second floor is pretty sweet, not sure if it's the current one)

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That’s pretty nice.  Match the helmet stripes on the pants, and base a green jersey version on it, and they’re pretty much done.  

They do have a green version, released a couple weeks ago:

spacer.png

I don’t think the contrasting collar works quite as well on this one as it does on the white jersey, but it does distinguish it from the true throwbacks they wore last year. I know for a fact they’ll wear gold/green/gold and green/white/green this year, both of which will look better than the all-green pictured above.

• Like 6

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

6 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Just as a FYI to all teams in all sports who play in or near mountains.  

Nobody cares.  

I would ask if the Colorado Rockies get an exception, but you'd just point out that nobody cares about the Rockies outside of Colorado.

• Like 1

spacer.png

6 hours ago, upperV03 said:

They do have a green version, released a couple weeks ago:

spacer.png

I don’t think the contrasting collar works quite as well on this one as it does on the white jersey, but it does distinguish it from the true throwbacks they wore last year. I know for a fact they’ll wear gold/green/gold and green/white/green this year, both of which will look better than the all-green pictured above.

Obviously I meant a green jersey to go with those gold pants but I guess it was too much to ask for them to not wear the same color pants and jerseys.  

37 minutes ago, burgundy said:

I would ask if the Colorado Rockies get an exception, but you'd just point out that nobody cares about the Rockies outside of Colorado.

Actually I think the Rockies are an exception. There nickname is actually Rockies so any mountains in their branding makes sense.  But Broncos, Jazz, Utes , Nuggets , and now Buffaloes?  I’m over it.  

• Like 7

8 hours ago, nuordr said:

New uniforms for the LeHigh Mountain Hawks & Jacksonville State Gamecocks: 

Really like this look for Lehigh! Prefer just sticking to the brown & white, but this is a smart use of the tan/gold as an accent rather than overdoing it.

• Like 6