College Football - 2024

Rixaroo

6 hours ago, csura999 said:

Thought Duke-Northwestern was a pretty good-looking game tonight:

DSC_0017-1200x801.jpg

watched a little of this and Indiana/ Western Illinois. This was pretty solid matchup.  I really like Hoosiers satin red and white helmet. 

• Like 1

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

5 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

A player for K-State switched numbers mid game. Going from 47 to 85.

For the entire rest of the game? They can switch numbers for a single play, usually on special teams when both the offensive and defensive player wearing a shared number could be out there at the same time, but they have to declare that for every play that "#47 is wearing #85" and would have to do that for every play like a lineman declaring as eligible. The player usually throws on an extra large jersey over their regular jersey for the play.

5 minutes ago, kb105 said:

For the entire rest of the game? They can switch numbers for a single play, usually on special teams when both the offensive and defensive player wearing a shared number could be out there at the same time, but they have to declare that for every play that "#47 is wearing #85" and would have to do that for every play like a lineman declaring as eligible. The player usually throws on an extra large jersey over their regular jersey for the play.

It was whenever he was on kick coverage because there would have been two 47s.

It happened in the Maryland-Michigan State game as well.

It’s neat when it happens.

45 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

ILLINOIS on the helmets is perfect. I wish they’d go back to that look permanently 

Even if they did blue with white outline version too

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

It was whenever he was on kick coverage because there would have been two 47s.

It happened in the Maryland-Michigan State game as well.

It’s neat when it happens.

This occurrence is why the NCAA should have put a limit on the number of players FBS teams can have on the roster decades ago. There is no reason 2 players on the same team should be wearing the same jersey number. There is also no reason why a college football program should have over 100 players on it's roster.

• Like 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Ole Miss insists on continuing to wear their robin egg blue helmets and I hate it. As far as I know, the originals were from the time when the only two options were molded navy or molded “powder/robin egg blue”. Why they chose that color is beyond me. Powder blue is not one of their school colors and the shade of the helmets is particularly off putting to me. It looks sickly or dingy IMO. Ole Miss has a broader problem of getting away from their best looks with all of the powder blue and white stuff as well. They need one NAVY helmet, a navy jersey, a white jersey, and a red jersey, and one pair of gray pants. It’s as simple as that IMO.

• Like 1

Arizona should only ever wear white-blue-white or white-red-white at home. They looked amazing last night.

In terms of their playing, though, not so much...

• Like 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

4 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

Ole Miss insists on continuing to wear their robin egg blue helmets and I hate it. As far as I know, the originals were from the time when the only two options were molded navy or molded “powder/robin egg blue”. Why they chose that color is beyond me. Powder blue is not one of their school colors and the shade of the helmets is particularly off putting to me. It looks sickly or dingy IMO. Ole Miss has a broader problem of getting away from their best looks with all of the powder blue and white stuff as well. They need one NAVY helmet, a navy jersey, a white jersey, and a red jersey, and one pair of gray pants. It’s as simple as that IMO.

I agree they have too many pieces in their wardrobe, but I’m very confident you’ll find few people that support your take regarding Ole Miss and powder blue. The combo they wore yesterday and their road look with the powder blue lid are some of the very best in college football.

• Like 2