New Duke Uniforms

jdukie

I found this last week on the Duke Update page( www.dukeupdate.com). These can also be found at eastbay.com under the Duke merchandise. It looks like they are have added black accents to the uniform in addition to changing the neck line. Eastbay also still has the black alternate uniform. I don't know if the home jerseys are changing, but the current home shorts are still listed as non-discounted merchandise.

new_duke_uniform_blue.jpg

The black seems unnecessary, but I don't seem to mind it.

I'm OK with it, of course, I don't care much for basketball or Duke, so I'm not so attached to their tradition too much.

And haven't they had a black alternate the past few years?

I think it looks forced, or maybe like an afterthought. The black is limited to the perimeter, while the numbers and letters are left alone. If they're gonna do it, they need to integrate it.

Like 90% of the cases where black has been added to uniforms, this is completely unnecessary and a step backward. I'm waiting for the Oakland Raiders to replace their silver with black, giving them black numbers and letters on black jerseys, black helmets, and black pants. The black helmet and the black pants would have black stripes. The more black, the merrier, I say.

:cursing:

I'll throw in a purist voice here.

Duke's school colors are blue and white. They have always had nice uniforms. I think that they should not add black--it's not a school color.

This is not really a bad looking jersey, but I'd just prefer traditional.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The stripes on the side look silver or grey to me, so basically they're adding two unofficial colors to their main uniform. I'd like to see the black trim bordered with a little white just to set it apart ever so slightly from the blue.

I've never been a fan of the apparently gratuitous addition of black to uniforms that didn't previously use the color, however if it's going to be done it should at least be done in a fashion that's complementary to the existing pattern and color scheme. Believe it or not, I've come to accept the Detroit Lions' changes as a pretty good incorporation of black. This Duke uniform comes close but would benefit from a little bit of white.

Ah, black and royal blue. What a classic combination...if you're a bruise. God, please don't let my Arizona Wildcats adopt black trim! Please, God!

Black with navy does look bad, IMO. So I'm with you on Arizona not ever adopting black trim.

But I'm still a sucker for royal and black if done right, and I think this is a case where it was.

i agree. i dont like black with blue. i have winced at the sight of the duke black alternate and i puke when i see the carolina panthers take the field sometimes, but thats also just because those are ugly uniforms. but here is the worst black and blue story of all. picture this. my alma maters "rival" high school, bay village, has WHITE helmets with BLUE rocket logo and stripe. the school colors are blue and white, so that makes sense, right. and naturally they wear blue home jerseys and white away jerseys. okay, untilo a few years ago when they started wearing BLACK, yes BLACK home jerseys and made everybody throw up becasue the only blue left on them is a helmet logo and stripe, a pants stripe, and some jerseys numbers and letters. the SCHOOL COLOR is all but reduced to an ACCENT! anyway, despite all this, this duke jersey does make black and blue look better than it ever has, and i really like this sleek new look of the duke jersey becasue i wasnt a fan of the old "necktie" stripes, but i would like possibly to see what maybe a black drop shadow on the letters and numbers looks like to integrate the black more. i hope they carry it over to the home jersey also, becasue if its only on the road jersey, it would make no sense to add it in the first place if its not thorough and/or continuous.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Duke's school colors are blue and white. They have always had nice uniforms. I think that they should not add black--it's not a school color.

This is not really a bad looking jersey, but I'd just prefer traditional.

Exactly what I was going to say. The black isn't necessary:

ghill2.jpg

On a side note, someone should create a "2004 NCAA Basketball Uniform Changes" thread so we can comment on all the new changes in one space.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

As an avid Duke fan, I hate this change. The jerseys were great before, very clean, very professional. They were all business, just like Duke on the court. I don't mind the black alternates, but the addition of the black on the blue jersey, and the weird looking neckline really makes me mad :mad::mad:

I for one will continue to wear my jersey from the past few years.

We are one!

I think the addition of silver looks terrible. However, the black is fine. I'd like to see the black striping be white though, and where the lighter striping (looks silver to me) is, make it black. That'd be fine.

When my Illini got there current jerseys (about 5 years ago now I guess), the navy uniform had black side panels. Not only is black not a school color and doesn't go with navy, there is no black in the white or orange jerseys. Therefore, I've never cared for our navy jersey. If they were to replace the orange with white and the black with orange (I'm talking striping only), then the navy would be nice. Either way, it appears to have been regulated to an alternate last season with the orange becoming the primary away (and many times home also) jersey.

Anyone have a photo of the uniform shorts?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Archived