What is the single greatest sporting event......

the_cynic

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I attended some games of the 2002 Volleyball World Cup in Argentina.

I saw a game of the 2004 South American Champions' Cup (soccer): Independiente (ARG) vs Nacional (URU), that is a truly soccer derby.

Well... I usually am not using to watch games in stadiums.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

i'd have to say it was 10/4/2003....Raymond James Stadium....Tampa, Florida.....University of South Florida Bulls double overtime win over Louisville 31-28....it was such a great game and i think i was so stoked from the win that night that I didnt even sleep that night.

1984 AFL Grand Final.

Reduced crowd, only 95,000 that day.

Essendon came from 4 goals down at 3/4 time, to win their first premiership in 19 years.

2000 AFL Grand Final.

Essendon smash Melbourne by 60 to go through the season with only one loss, the best record of any team ever.

2000 Olympics.

Athletics is not really an interest of mine, and we went and saw some because they were in our country. Mostly, I don't think I'd miss it if I hadn't gone. But I guess others rate it, so yes, I was there. The Stadium was very nice.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

2003 ALCS Game 7 Yankees Red Sox...Me and my buddy Phil went, we had to sit in two entirely different sections of different sides of the stadium.

Any Army - Navy Game... The March of the Cadets and Midshipmen is a sight to behold espically live. You feel that these two sides have a greater purpose than football.

New York Islanders 2002 Playoff game v.s Toronto... 7 years 364 days of frustration from Islanders fans was bottled into 1 fantastic night.. the 6-1 score was as if Bossy, Trottier and Gillies were out there again.. I couldnt talk for almost a week after this series.

I wanted to add one more thing:

The 5 days I spent in Canada this past September with my buddies going to the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto than taking the 401 to Montreal for the USA/Canada Slovakia/Canada is memories that I wont forget. I'm an American, but to see how much passion Canadians have for the game of Hockey. I'm envious. But the funny stories, and the crazy antics of the games and things my buddies and I did. well, that was a great moment as well.

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

New York Islanders 2002 Playoff game v.s Toronto... 7 years 364 days of frustration from Islanders fans was bottled into 1 fantastic night.. the 6-1 score was as if Bossy, Trottier and Gillies were out there again.. I couldnt talk for almost a week after this series.

Yes... good times.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

For me it would probably be Game 6 of the 1998 NBA Finals - Chicago Bulls @ Utah Jazz and watching Michael Jordan nail his last shot..........well it was supposed to be his last shot. It's still as clear in my mind as when it happened.........Jordan hoisting up the trophy! Nothing could make me more sick!

Jordans_last_shot.jpg

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

1995 Stanley Cup Finals. Game 4.

I had tickets for the whole Eastern Conference Finals and Stanley Cup Finals, but obviously Game 4 of the Cup Finals stands out above all others. I was 13, and having been a Devils fan since before i literally could remember, i couldn't believe my little team, a team made fun of by Wayne Gretzky, a team called the Skating Christmas Trees, MY team was on the brink of winning the greatest championship in all of sport. It was such a special time, and i will forever remember it. Not to mention the next morning i got to hold, hug, kiss, caress, and drink from the Cup, it was an experiance of a lifetime. Simply amazing.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I was at the first Final Four in Minneapolis. It was '92, I think.

Anyway, my dad and I had nosebleed seats in the Metrodome for both Final Four games, and the championship game where Duke mauled the Michigan's Fab 5 freshmen. It was Christian Laettner's last college game and the first of two championship game failures for Chris Webb and co.

Not to mention the next morning i got to hold, hug, kiss, caress, and drink from the Cup, it was an experiance of a lifetime. Simply amazing.

are you sure thats all you did to it? :P

Seriously though, how did you manage that?

It was at the Big Apple sports bar in Bayonne (my former hometown)

My brother was in there ordering and picking up some catering crap for a party he and his girlfriend were having, he saw it, called my mom, she woke us up, within two minuets my whole family was out the door, down to the bar, and the rest it history.. i think i have a few pics, i'll post 'em

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

October 1st 2004-Safeco Field. I was working at the game when Ichiro tied then broke the single season hits record. The cameras flashing, the crowd cheering, The fireworks going off, it was will always be very special in my heart. The Brightest moment in a very dark season, although that entire weekend was magical with the sellouts and Edgar Martinez saying good bye.

felix5ix8na.png

October 1st 2004-Safeco Field. I was working at the game when Ichiro tied then broke the single season hits record. The cameras flashing, the crowd cheering, The fireworks going off, it was will always be very special in my heart. The Brightest moment in a very dark season, although that entire weekend was magical with the sellouts and Edgar Martinez saying good bye.

Well I was in Seattle, but not at the game...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived