Starless Forecast For NHL

Survival79

Lockout claims '05 All-Star Game

While the current lockout has yet to force the cancellation of the 2004-05 National Hockey League season, it has claimed one of the season's showcase events -- the 2005 All-Star Game.

The event was scheduled for Feb. 13, 2005, at Philips Arena in Atlanta.

The NHL made the announcement Wednesday, two days after commissioner Gary Bettman said the season is "likely to slip away," and one day after the NHL Players' Association emerged from a four-hour meeting saying its members are willing to accept the season's fate.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Not suprised, but in comparison, it looks like early December is the key deadline. I assume the league wants a training camp, although that can be split in half since the teams have their minor league rosters set already. So 2 weeks of camp, and likely look to the start of the year about the first week of January, if it were to happen.

Is it me or does Bettman have blinders on? B)

This also means that this logo linked here:

2005 NHL All-Star Game - Atlanta, Georgia

is now officially unused and we may never see what the unis would've looked like.

Post #1995

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

You mean, "and now the Thrasher fan can do this: :cursing::cursing::cursing: "

I don't think with the NFL and NBA going on right now that Georgia sports nuts are worrying about the NHL lockout.

Screw NBA, we just wrapped up our 13th NL East title..just watched One of the best Races this season in Atlanta, AND! We have a kick-ass football team.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Puckguy14 will remember this.

In 1994, when the NHL cancelled the All-Star Game in San Jose, they gave them the 1997 game as a replacement. They also changed the logo. Looks like that Atlantonians will likely wait until 2008 at the earliest for that All-Star Game to be played. Remember, as reported in this thread, the NBA recycled the All-Star Game logo from 2000 in Philly with "2002" on it. Look for something like that with the NHL All-Star Game logo.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

im actually kind of glad, i don't like dealing with traffic as a result of these major events. super bowl is bad enough when its held at the georgia dome every other year it seems. its nice but the allstar game is a non entity. i personally find the all star game pointless. its just a popularity contest. i personally don't watch them. for me its less traffic for me to deal with.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

Is it just me...or did every single post in this thread seem to say the same thing?

Maybe not every single one, but at least half of them...

I know what you mean. It feels like, as I read through, that all the posts were very similar.

I don't think that it's that they don't want to try, but that they won't. The NHLPA is steadfast against a salary cap, while the owners are all for one. Thus unless the rank-and-file players start really seeing the effect of not playing in their wallets, you might as well write off the season.

At least they're playing pro hockey here in the Greater Hartford area - the Wolf*Pack are 7-0! :woot:

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Archived