Arizona Cardinals to Unveil New Uni's on Thursday

Stronso

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmmm....

Looking at the "breaking-egg" (as opposed to "breaking-wind") logo, one thing appears clear: the "juts" coming off the back of the head appear to have been lowered quite a bit. I'm thinking along the line of a concept I made a couple of years ago:

CardinalsConcept1_2003.gif

Back then, I was following the Seahawk, 49ers and Dolphins efforts to be true to original and just make it look updated.

Also: on the current logo, these juts appear waaaay at the top, but I see at least one "jut" less than half-way up the back of this logo.

With the obvious appearance of a white border, I have to wonder if this is to make the new logo stand out more, or to deliver the look as it would appear on a black helmet. Very interesting.

Not to give away ALL my secrets (!), but all I did was print the Flash file to .PDF (I've got Adobe Acrobat Professional), opened up the file in Illustrator, deleted all of the other objects (old logo, egg, etc.), and I got it.

No Pantones embedded though...I'm not sure if the Red and/or Yellow changed or not. They may have.

(of course I notice the new logo is here after I finish my post... :wacko:

IF that's the new one, I like it! True to original but unique in it's own right.

Cardinals, welcome to the 21st century!!

Now I just pray to God that we don't have nightmare uniform to kill a good logo

I know it is available on other sites... but save my file if you want it. I'll probably kill it later tonight so I don't lose all of my bandwidth.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

So Pantone, I'm guessing you like it?

So far, so good from me...

I do want to see the whole package before I get too happy...but I feel pretty good.

The reaction on the Cardinals boards seems to be overwhelmingly positive.

That's also good news...those guys are pretty mired in tradition.

(worse than some of us)

I like it. The subtle yet strong updates really brings it up to date without loosing its sense of history. Metallic White (Think of that sparkly paint that the Vikings and Giants use, but...um, white :P ) helmets with that new darker red face mask and dark red helmet stripes would really set the logo off I think.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Archived