Arizona Cardinals to Unveil New Uni's on Thursday

Stronso

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it. Nice update. Now let's hope they do the unis right. People keep mentioning the Seahawks. Makes me think they might use the yellow as a trim along the lines of the lime green. A lot of what we've seen so far suggests black, certainly a black helmet, but red looks pretty good, too, in those helmet samples. I'm guessing the yellow and black will get played up a little more. Hoping for nothing too drastic.

According to recent changes... the Broncos and Bucs changes got them to the Super Bowl. Anyone want to predict a Cardinals - Patriots SB showdown in Detroit for Supr Bowl XL? :D

Uh....nitro, let's not get too far. They lost to my beloved 49ers...TWICE! :P

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

How much do you guys think NFL Shop will sell the old authentics for?

BTW, anyone know anything about any other 2005 NFL Uniform changes?

Well, looking at recent trends, I think I can safely say at least 2 more teams will switch to black shoes. My money's on Baltimore and, guess who, Arizona.

My apologies if this article from the Arizona Republic has already been posted...I haven't seen it here.

Cards boast new logo

Craig Harris

The Arizona Republic

Jan. 27, 2005 12:00 AM

For the first time in 45 years, the Cardinals are changing their look. But, much like the team's plodding toward respectability on the field, no dramatic changes are in the works.

The team will unveil a new logo today that will be "dynamic and bold and aggressive," said Michael Bidwill, the team's vice president and general counsel.

"We wanted to have a strengthened Cardinal logo that reflected that," said Bidwill, who declined to provide specifics. "While there's an evolution, it keeps the authentic, classic Cardinal as part of brand identification."

Since 1960, the Cardinals have had the same logo: a red Cardinal with a black face and a yellow beak. Bidwill declined to say if the team, which is moving out of Sun Devil Stadium and into a new facility in Glendale after the 2005-06 season, will alter its traditional red-and-white uniforms.

It's typical for professional sports franchises, in an attempt to create a buzz among fans and sell new merchandise, to alter or change logos and uniforms before moving into a new facility.

When the Coyotes changed their jerseys before the 2003-04 season, jersey sales increased 290 percent from the previous year, according to NHL Enterprises.

Since 1997, at least eight NFL teams have modified their logos and uniforms, according to the league.

The Cardinals' merchandise sales are among the worst in the NFL, but Bidwill said sales will pick up as the team becomes more competitive.

0127carbig.jpg

Todd McFarlane, a Valley resident and creator of "Spawn," offered his version of a leaner, meaner Cardinals logo

My apologies if this article from the Arizona Republic has already been posted...I haven't seen it here.

Cards boast new logo

Craig Harris

The Arizona Republic

Jan. 27, 2005 12:00 AM

For the first time in 45 years, the Cardinals are changing their look. But, much like the team's plodding toward respectability on the field, no dramatic changes are in the works.

The team will unveil a new logo today that will be "dynamic and bold and aggressive," said Michael Bidwill, the team's vice president and general counsel.

"We wanted to have a strengthened Cardinal logo that reflected that," said Bidwill, who declined to provide specifics. "While there's an evolution, it keeps the authentic, classic Cardinal as part of brand identification."

Since 1960, the Cardinals have had the same logo: a red Cardinal with a black face and a yellow beak. Bidwill declined to say if the team, which is moving out of Sun Devil Stadium and into a new facility in Glendale after the 2005-06 season, will alter its traditional red-and-white uniforms.

It's typical for professional sports franchises, in an attempt to create a buzz among fans and sell new merchandise, to alter or change logos and uniforms before moving into a new facility.

When the Coyotes changed their jerseys before the 2003-04 season, jersey sales increased 290 percent from the previous year, according to NHL Enterprises.

Since 1997, at least eight NFL teams have modified their logos and uniforms, according to the league.

The Cardinals' merchandise sales are among the worst in the NFL, but Bidwill said sales will pick up as the team becomes more competitive.

0127carbig.jpg

Todd McFarlane, a Valley resident and creator of "Spawn," offered his version of a leaner, meaner Cardinals logo

McFarlane's logo sucks ass.......I am so glad the Cards have what they have now over that abortion from Spawn

BTW - my choice for the helmets would be metallic red and black facemask

Archived