Arizona Cardinals to Unveil New Uni's on Thursday

Stronso

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Say, is David Cassidy going to perform? :D

You just reminded me that of something I did a while back.

cards_all_red.png

I say they will have a black facemask, add black to the stripes of the pants. I just hope they don't have black shoulders....

I saw, I came, I left.

It sucks that I'll be away from my computer all day tomorrow. Please, somebody find this thing for me!!!

EDIT - Are they just going to use that "slanted" version of the logo that appears on the banner of their message boards?

It's where I sit.

here is the frame that shows most of the new logo

azhatch.jpg

From this i think we can see that the logo is gonna me shorter and wider, and I think the the helmet isnt going to be white anymore, because the logo has a white outline. I hope the helmet is red- just not black.

Actually, it appears there's also a silver border just inside the white.

azhatch.jpg

From this i think we can see that the logo is gonna me shorter and wider, and I think the the helmet isnt going to be white anymore, because the logo has a white outline.  I hope the helmet is red- just not black.

too bad we didn't have the .fla files and could fool around with the layers in flash

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Well, since the new logo appears to have a pronounced White outline surrounding it, I think we can agree that the White helmet is being jettisoned. They're going with either a Silver, Red or Black helmet.

Given that male cardinals are predominantly Red in color, as well as the fact that only two other NFL franchises sport Red helmets, I'd say that Red may well be the front-runner. Then again, given the fact that Arizona's logo is predominantly Red, Silver would seem to be a better option for purposes of contrast. I'd be shocked if the helmets were Black; it just seems too "trendy" to me. Still, they're playing up the presence of Black in the Flash animations. I'm hoping that's just a matter of purposely misleading the public.

It's also obvious that the logo has been significantly streamlined, with the "tuft" of feathers that currently sits at the top third of the back of the Cardinal's head, now forming the entire back of the head.

I would definitely take the Illinois State cardinal over the current one. At least he is a pissed-off bird. The current cardinal is just tragic.

Personally I would love to see them go with a San Diego Padre's style cardinal doing the heisman pose (Ok, a little sarcastic there).

My problem is with this thinking:

Fugly + new= fugly

Fugly + old = classic, untouchable

There has to be a way to update the bird and the uniforms that won't look ridiculous (Bengals, Bills) but will instead modernize a very tired look into

something that recalls the tradition and yet is modern (SF, Philly).

I don't like the bird because it's old. I like the bird because it's beautiful. It's a classic piece of art. Rarely do logos reach that level of professionalisim these days, The Cardinals logo is a professional looking logo.

Stop making a fool of yourself man.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

azhatch.jpg

From this i think we can see that the logo is gonna me shorter and wider, and I think the the helmet isnt going to be white anymore, because the logo has a white outline.  I hope the helmet is red- just not black.

Nevermind. I blew it up and there's no silver there.

Maybe the helmet will be a dark silver. Darker than the Patriots, so the white outline sticks out. Not that the Cardinals have a history of smart decisions, but wearing a black helmet and/or jersey in the summer heat can't be productive for the team's players. Isn't that why they wear white for most of their home games?

I don't see anything wrong with the current logo that a little touching up won't fix. I've seen a few concepts here that pretty much stick with that idea, although modernized a bit. If it ends up looking a bit more realistic, even better.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived