Arizona Cardinals to Unveil New Uni's on Thursday

Stronso

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well they have been so bad for so long in that uniform and through 2 cities it has gone unchanged so in that sense they need to turn the page and have a fresh start, not that the old look is bad, but they need a fresh start.

Just throwing something out here, but if the Cards had had the success of say, the Cowboys of the last 20 or 30 years, would we even be talking about a uniform switch being nessacary right now? Personally, I think not, but I don't really want them to change anyway.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Well they have been so bad for so long in that uniform and through 2 cities it has gone unchanged so in that sense they need to turn the page and have a fresh start, not that the old look is bad, but they need a fresh start.

Just throwing something out here, but if the Cards had had the success of say, the Cowboys of the last 20 or 30 years, would we even be talking about a uniform switch being nessacary right now? Personally, I think not, but I don't really want them to change anyway.

in all fairness, i think most people on this board would agree that the cowboys need some new duds even more than the cards.

nothing drastic, but they really do need to get their plop together into one neat package for once.

...and that they are unlike any other uni's in the league

Oh no.

That's execu-speak for "These are gonna look like :censored:..."

If they are going to play like s*it, they might as well look like s*it, right?

I saw, I came, I left.

I guess I count myself as one of the people who put Arizona on the "WORST LOGO and WORST UNIFORM" list rather than the best. It is just that of all the Cardinal teams the AZ Cards have the dumbest looking bird. Ball State, Illinois State, Louisville all have better looking Cardinals. So, if AZ updates the bird, I think that would be good.

I am really looking forward to a change. I get the whole tradition thing, but sometimes looking like a 1957 retread is just not a good idea. I don't think it works for the Jets or the Cards. The Colts, Giants, Browns are ok, but give me

the modernized 49ers, Buccs, Broncos, Patriots, Titans or Seahawks any day. (I do agree that Buffalo and Cincinnati have gone way too far.)

So, bring on the new bird, a 3rd color, stripes or color to the dark jersey.

Oh no.

That's execu-speak for "These are gonna look like :censored:..."

I agree with the King. When the Detroit Pistons came out with their Teal pieces of crap, they said, "we will look different from every team in the league."

I know this opinion will not be popular, but I think the Cardinals look is classic. I am hoping for only the smallest of tweaks. My big fear = black helmets. :ghostface:

Everyone loves a roundel.

louisvilles new cardinal does look good. and it looks like a cardinal too, so bonus points for it there.

LouisvilleCardinals4.GIF

but ball state?

BallStateCardinals.GIF

and illinois state?

IllinoisStRedbird.GIF

are better than the cards bird? it might not look exactly like a cardinal, but at least it looks professional enough to put on an nfl helmet. those two are not, in my opinion. i really dont like them.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I would definitely take the Illinois State cardinal over the current one. At least he is a pissed-off bird. The current cardinal is just tragic.

Personally I would love to see them go with a San Diego Padre's style cardinal doing the heisman pose (Ok, a little sarcastic there).

My problem is with this thinking:

Fugly + new= fugly

Fugly + old = classic, untouchable

There has to be a way to update the bird and the uniforms that won't look ridiculous (Bengals, Bills) but will instead modernize a very tired look into

something that recalls the tradition and yet is modern (SF, Philly).

I'm having trouble accessing TESS - has anyone else gotten in and seen whether there's anything there yet?

I got in last night. Go to www.uspto.gov They eliminated the tess part of the address. I did not see anything new. The only link I could find for Arizona Cardinals listed a trademark that was last renewed in 1997.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

the logo is fine. its the oldset logo in the leauge. i wouldnt mind seeing red fgacemasks though. as for the unis, just do what i said on page one and what eaglesfan said. bring back the metcalf jerseys as the primary road uni, and base the red jerseys off of those.

as for the cards current unis, they are ok. they are not teh worst in teh leauge however. just look at cinci and buffalo. plain and boring beets to much any day of the week. also, the current cards unis (before the news ones are shown) are still 100x better then what the coyboys wear for the reason that all the reds match.

in all fairness, i think most people on this board would agree that the cowboys need some new duds even more than the cards.

nothing drastic, but they really do need to get their plop together into one neat package for once.

Okay, bad example. I agree the Cowboys need, well, not so much of an update as consistency. I think what I meant is that if the Cardinals had a long tradition (success-wise) like the Packers or Bears, wouldn't a lot more people be freaking out if they were doing what appears to be the complete overhaul they're doing?

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Archived