Arizona Cardinals to Unveil New Uni's on Thursday

Stronso

I hope they don't go with black. I can't imagine trying to play in Arizona in August or September with black helmets and jerseys.

They don't wear dark jerseys at home in September to begin with, so it's not really a logistics problem. That being said, I'm with you (and many others here) in hoping that they don't go to black as a main uniform color.

BTW, that new logo is the best update of a classic logo I've seen in a long time...

QPR%20Sig.png

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I liked McFarlane's comic artwork, I have yet to like one of his logos.

Anyway, I think it must be a white helmet with red facemask, or the red helmet with black facemask. I prefer the latter...but without question, I want the gray facemasks to be put to rest with the old logo, since the gray does not not tie-in at all to the rest of the color scheme. Someone suggested silver:

NewCardHelmComp1.gif

The uniforms really have me scared. If we get another Falcons, Bills or Bengals monstrocity, then it will totally kill the asthetic advances made with the new logo.

With the new logo, we can only expect a new uni template again. Some new sleeve striping, side panels, the works. As the past has proved, that can or can't work. Just look at teams to update in the past five years...

St. Louis (good)

New England (good)

Atlanta (good)

Buffalo (bad)

Cincinnati (more fluffy than, well, something that's fluffy)

Seattle (good)

I realize I've forgotten some, but that's not the point. IMO, most teams that "update" instead of scrapping the old have done well. At least the ones I listed, anyway.

That being said, the logo is a sick upgrade. A+ on that. I'll wait to see the whole package before I say whether the entire update is a success, but if the past means anything, it'll probably pretty good.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Anyway, I think it must be a white helmet with red facemask, or the red helmet with black facemask. I prefer the latter...but without question, I want the gray facemasks to be put to rest with the old logo, since the gray does not not tie-in at all to the rest of the color scheme. Someone suggested silver:

If people don't like the gray facemask just because it doesn't go with the Cardinals' color scheme, then why even bring up silver helmets?

And USC and even the Colts use gray facemasks although gray isn't part of their color schemes. USC makes it work - I'm not sure about the Colts.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Great update - simply fantastic upgrade of a classic logo.

That being said, I still hate the organization and will continue to do so until the last Bidwill parts company with the franchise.

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict a red helmet with a gray facemask - in one sense they move forward and in another sense they retain a signature element from the past.

Anyway, I think it must be a white helmet with red facemask, or the red helmet with black facemask.  I prefer the latter...but without question, I want the gray facemasks to be put to rest with the old logo, since the gray does not not tie-in at all to the rest of the color scheme.  Someone suggested silver:

If people don't like the gray facemask just because it doesn't go with the Cardinals' color scheme, then why even bring up silver helmets?

And USC and even the Colts use gray facemasks although gray isn't part of their color schemes. USC makes it work - I'm not sure about the Colts.

in all fairness, the whole grey helmet thing is my fault, i think :)

i suggested/predicted a silver helmet/red jersey/red pants combo, with a set of silver pants as an alternate... sorta like the pats, if you replace blue with red, and red with black...

just a vision i have for them :) if they don't use silver as an added color, then i wouldn't like grey or silver facemasks... it just wouldn't fit together. but if grey/silver IS part of the color scheme, as i originally predicted (but am starting to doubt strongly) then i'd have no problem with it.... although i'd prefer the silver helmets/red facemask combo...

either way, i'll be happy if they keep black to a secondary color... no black jersey, and no black helmet, and no black pants... just trim and stripings. the cards white/red/white home jerseys from a few years ago are some of my favorite uniforms ever...i'd hate to see them be ruined with a generic equal parts red/black color scheme.

i don't know if anyone posted this yet or if it's just general knowledge that no one's mentioning it but the Press Conference is now scheduled at 1pm MST today. which really sucks for me cause i'm hitting my 15 hour mark of being awake and thats in another 4...i hear a catnap calling me lol

az_cardinals.gif

Still love this logo even though i posted a HUGE version of it

This thread has been viewed over 13,000 times in two days -- wow

I told ya... this one of those Landmark unveilings....

With a team that has such an entrenched identity, to see even a little change, is something else.

And so far, it's been a good change..... we'll see at 4pm EST if the rest of the package is as good......

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

whatever happens, whatever colors they choose there is only one

color that is still going to keep the 'Cards from being a contender and

that color is Green. Dennis Green. No matter how good the teams new stuff looks,

this man is the definition of mediocrity.

that color is Green. Dennis Green. No matter how good the teams new stuff looks,

I think you're insane.. but... whatever.

sB9ijEj.png

i'm actually a fan of his... the cards jumped on my "good list" when they had both emmitt and green.

but this thread isn't the place for football commentary... it's the far less relevant subject of what they'll be wearing on the field that we're all interested in now... like a pack of E! reporters freaking out over j-lo's gown....

don't get me wrong, i'm looking forward to the unveiling more than the average fan... but i do realize how trivial and goofy it is :) unless of course you're a cards fan, like pantone, and then it's definately some big news.

as weird as it sounds, i hope these uniforms are exactly the way pantone would want them... he's suffered long enough. i want this for him, and i barely even know him.

I appreciate the sentiment...I too realize how silly all of this is, but I can't help myself. That being said, I'm not looking for crazy, radical changes...here's what I'm hoping for personally:

• Red or Black facemasks
  • Black trim on the uniforms and pants
  • A secondary logo - maybe on the sleeves
  • The nameplate under the collar
  • Maybe an alt...

I doubt I'll get EVERYTHING I want...but I can dream, can't I?

I appreciate the sentiment...I too realize how silly all of this is, but I can't help myself. That being said, I'm not looking for crazy, radical changes...here's what I'm hoping for personally:
  • Red or Black facemasks
  • Maybe an alt...

if they got an alt, what color would you want it to be?

black?

that's the problem with having so few colors in a color scheme... you can't have the average every-day alternate/primary color switcheroo, without ending up with something bland.

• Red or Black facemasks
  • Maybe an alt...

So long as the gray facemasks remain, i'll be happy with your other dreams being met, Dono.

sB9ijEj.png

Archived