Illustrator Help

pcgd

Ok sorry if this is double post or w/e just thought no one would read my edit post, but i was woundering how can u or if u can make mesh holes , and making sticking lines on AI.

Thanx if anyone can help.

I was willing to give you some pointers, however I have no idea what you are asking for.

Well i figured out how to do the stiching line. But as for the mesh holes im talking about as you see on the new rbk templates. I was woundering if there is a way i can do that on illustrator ?

4kv29i.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to get into the making concepts thing, and some logos are easy to vectorize using Live Trace (the Tigers D.) but some when you use live trace it simplifies them, which I know is what is supposed to happen, but I don't understand how people vectorize things. I'm sure theres a tutorial somewhere on the forum, but, when I did a search, I couldn't find one. I mean, some of the logos I want vectorized are easy to find (any of the four major sports) but some are not (the AFL). And, even logos I can find, it'd just be nice to know how to vectorize things well. So, could someone point me to a good tutorial?

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

I'm trying to get into the making concepts thing, and some logos are easy to vectorize using Live Trace (the Tigers D.) but some when you use live trace it simplifies them, which I know is what is supposed to happen, but I don't understand how people vectorize things. I'm sure theres a tutorial somewhere on the forum, but, when I did a search, I couldn't find one. I mean, some of the logos I want vectorized are easy to find (any of the four major sports) but some are not (the AFL). And, even logos I can find, it'd just be nice to know how to vectorize things well. So, could someone point me to a good tutorial?

You can thank the lovely and talented pcgd for this one:

http://www.pcgdstudios.com/tutorials

Okay here is a quick question. It it is about "covering up an area" or "not letting a portion of a design show.

Here is the best example I can think of. Say you are doing a jersey design. You want to place the logo on the sleeve so you angle it a little and slide it in the appropriate area that looks realistic. Obviously, part of this logo is going to hang off of the template. Is there an easy way for me to hide that or make the edge of the jersey the "border" for that logo?

I have been just making a false white area to cover it up...but that isn't good when you do other designs for people or want them printed or cut on vinyl at a shop. It lacks integrity.

Any help?

a mask is the easiest non-destructive way to hide unwanted image area

Well i figured out how to do the stiching line. But as for the mesh holes im talking about as you see on the new rbk templates. I was woundering if there is a way i can do that on illustrator ?

make a new swatch pattern (read the Help or find a illy online tutorial) and mesh away to your hearts content

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay here is a quick question. It it is about "covering up an area" or "not letting a portion of a design show.

Here is the best example I can think of. Say you are doing a jersey design. You want to place the logo on the sleeve so you angle it a little and slide it in the appropriate area that looks realistic. Obviously, part of this logo is going to hang off of the template. Is there an easy way for me to hide that or make the edge of the jersey the "border" for that logo?

I have been just making a false white area to cover it up...but that isn't good when you do other designs for people or want them printed or cut on vinyl at a shop. It lacks integrity.

Any help?

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...c=31557&hl=

Go to post 3.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Heres a question: is it possible to make a double stroke in illustrator, two outlines? Don't know if mine will do it, I have illustrator 10.

Thanks to all who can help.

Bomberblitz-1.gif

Do you mean like the Silver and Red is around the Black text?

If so, yes, and this was done in AI10.

So in this example, I've got Black text, BOMBERBLITZ.COM

I went to Object>Path>Offset Path and it creates an outline of the text in Black.

So I made it silver.

Then with that still highlighted, do Object>Path>Offset Path again, and this time make it Red.

Is this what you meant by double stroke outline?

PS If you can avoid it, don't use stroke, use Offset Path, as the thicker you make your stroke, it takes off some of your main path.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

It can be done using the Appearance palette. In this palette, strokes and fills are treated as separate elements. You can add as many strokes as you like, and even change the stacking order of them.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I simply duplicate the item, stroking the rear object. Then outline stroke, release compound path, add and expand. I'm kind of anal about keeping things clean and expanded instead of stacking tons of off-setting effects, etc. like others are prone to do.

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

I was wondering if anyone knew how to make vertically arched text, like what the Washington Nationals use for their wordmarks. Thanks in advance.

You mean like the text here:

fp3682~Washington-Nationals-Posters.jpg

If so, highlight everything you want arched, then go Shift F9 to bring up the Pathfinder tab.

Click on Merge to make everything one compound shape, and it also Groups it.

Then go

Effect>Warp>Arc Lower.

Play with the Bend Percentage until it looks like what you want.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

• 4 weeks later...

I need help! I have a font that has very jagged edges to it. I want to make it in a nice stroke. The problem is, I want a ncie smooth stroke and I am having trouble cleaning it up. Right now there are some bumps in the stroke.

Any techniques to converting a jagged messy stroke (its about 20 points) to a nice smooth stroke? I have tried things such as the stroke palette in illustrator as well.

Thanks!

I need help! I have a font that has very jagged edges to it. I want to make it in a nice stroke. The problem is, I want a ncie smooth stroke and I am having trouble cleaning it up. Right now there are some bumps in the stroke.

Any techniques to converting a jagged messy stroke (its about 20 points) to a nice smooth stroke? I have tried things such as the stroke palette in illustrator as well.

Thanks!

I don't know if its what you're looking for, but you could delete the anchor points that create the "jaggedness".

The less anchor points a line/curve has, the smoother it is.

Wade-sig.png