Rival cities

OMMF

In my current location, a big deal is made between Des Moines and Omaha, mainly the PCL rivalry between the Cubs and Royals. This is going to get amped up a notch when the Stars and Knights play against each other for the first time in AHL play.

College wise, a major deal is made between Iowa and Iowa State (There's even a contest known as the Hy-Vee CyHawk Series between the two schools). You throw in Drake and Northern Iowa during basketball season and you have the Big 4.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm gonna just mention the ones immediately around me

Racine: as the biggest thing we got is top-level semipro ball, the Raiders always have a target on their backs, and the big games are against the Kane County Eagles. They basically make the difference between going to a rinkydink invitational and heading to the national tournament.

Milwaukee/Green Bay vs Chicago-basically, that's how it is for most every pro team around here. Brewers vs Cubs...Bucks vs Bulls...Packers vs Bears...even dating back to the IHL years, Admirals vs Wolves. Hell, I'll throw in the Raiders again, as in the early 90s they had a second big rival, the Palos-Orland Force (the name was two parks in Chicago), but they haven't played in many years and the Force have since changed their name (now they're the Force of Illinois). the further south you are of Milwaukee, the more likely you may wind up being a Cubs, Bulls or Bears fan

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Steelers vs Browns

Penguins vs Flyers

Pitt vs. WVU (Football)

Pitt vs. UConn (Basketball)

Pirates vs. Brewers or Reds if we even have one anymore

and two local high schools, you guys might have heard of them

Beaver Falls vs. Alliquippa in ever sport and at every sport event theres a fight or a memoral moment..I put this because Beaver Falls is my actual city

Now that we have the one for the thumb, the other hand looks lonely........GO STEELERS

Generally, Saskatchewan... mostly Regina. The Armpit of Canada is the butt of many a joke around here.

The Roughriders in football.

The Goldeyes are rivals with the St. Paul Saints and the Fargo-Moorhead Redhawks in the Northern League.

The Moose haven't really got any real rivals in hockey.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I know they are far but not even Hamilton or Toronto when they begin play? Theres got to be at least a little something when they are playing one of the other Canadian teams.

Strange enough a lot of Hamilton fans would always come to Cincinnati when the Bulldogs came to town

Signature intentionally left blank

The city of St. Louis has has 2 rivals. Kansas City and Chicago. The sports teams rivals also go on these lines. Blues/Blackhawks has always been heated, and I don't need to really mention the Cardinals/Cubs. Rams/Chiefs I don't know about so I won't pretend to say if that rivalry is one at all. Rams/Bears isn't really much of one. But Missouri/Illinois has gotten to be a decent rivalry. Although Illinois isn't really a Chicago team at all, unless they are winning, then Chicago claims them. Missouri really isn't a St. Louis team either.

I think the City of St. Louis has a general rivalry with the City of Chicago, mainly because of the proximity of the two cities to each other.

Speaking from a Pensacola Standpoint: Mobile, Biloxi, and Lafayette

The Mobile Mysticks and the Pensacola Ice Pilots fans hated each other for the most part. When the Mysticks closed up shop for a year and moved to Duluth, Ga (Gwinnett Gladiators), most Mobile fans (with the except of the very few who hate the Mississippi Seawolves more) because Seawolves fans. The Seawolves are the Ice Pilots biggest rivals in the ECHL. Lafayette had the Louisiana Ice Gators (R.I.Peices) and there was also tension and even more so after we signed their old coach and they signed our old coach.

Women's football wise, everyone hates Pensacola. overall record of 13-1 (losing in the Semi's last year and they just finished the 5th consecutive 8-0 regular season in a row. They own and always have.

Pensacola Pelicans are currently second in the Central League (independent). No real rivals in this league being it's their second season.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Unfortunately out here we really don't have anyone close enough to be a 'rival city'.

In the NBA it's Utah. In NCAA it's Nebraska for CU and Wyoming for CSU. Other than that, there's no one close enough. Kansas City is the closest for the Broncos and for the Avs, well, nobody. Don't care about the Rox.

Generally, Saskatchewan... mostly Regina. The Armpit of Canada is the butt of many a joke around here.

The Goldeyes are rivals with the St. Paul Saints and the Fargo-Moorhead Redhawks in the Northern League.

Agreed on the Winnipeg-Regina rivalry. Unfortunately, pretty much every joke we make about Saskies, the rest of Canada makes about us. Armpit (or worse) of Canada, watching your dog run away for 3 days, various farming related jokes, etc. Sadly, as flat as Saskatchewan is, Manitoba is waaay flatter.

But, that doesn't stop me from really sticking it to the Rider fans every year at the Labour Day classic. I have to bring a Banjo this year....

Agreed on the Winnipeg-Regina rivalry. Unfortunately, pretty much every joke we make about Saskies, the rest of Canada makes about us. Armpit (or worse) of Canada, watching your dog run away for 3 days, various farming related jokes, etc. Sadly, as flat as Saskatchewan is, Manitoba is waaay flatter.

But, that doesn't stop me from really sticking it to the Rider fans every year at the Labour Day classic. I have to bring a Banjo this year....

Yes, but only the southwest corner of Manitoba is like that. Saskatchewan's landscape is just as boring, just there's more of it.

Saskatchewan - They fought progress, and they won! (sort of)

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Being in St. Louis our biggest rival is Chicago with the Blackhawks/Blues and Cubs Cardinals....although I dont know if the Cubs/Cards is much of a rivaly because a rivalry requires both teams to be competitive. The rivalry between the Cardinals and KC Royals is more light hearted and fun than with the cubs. I went to one of the games at Kauffman this year and all the royals fans around me were nice guys and we all just gave each other crap but there was no bloodshed like when the cubs are in town.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

Archived