ANA/LA/CAL Angels

kingssss

What do you think the Angels should be called?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

From a strictly business point of veiw, the team re-signed a lease with the city of Anahiem, they were called the Anaheim Angels and before that were called the California Angels- both technically acurate. When a city gets a sports team, they usually like the team to reflect (and advertise) the place they play in. That is the business part of sports, and that is why cities beleive they benefit from having them.

In any event the lease was not signed by the city officials to give Los Angeles business. The deal was signed witht the premise the team was to be called "Anahiem". The fact they just won a World Series should have re-enforced that, and I still do not see how changing to "Los Angeles" has really helped business for the actual team itself. Most fans know they don't play in L.A.

On a side note, when the Rams played in Anaheim for all those years, despite the fact they held the "Los Angeles" name in their title, people who actually lived in Los Angeles were polled and said they did not identify the Rams as a Los Angeles team. They felt the Rams were Anahiem's team. So obviously just slapping the "Los Angeles" on your title does not make an L.A. team. When the Raiders came to town, the people of L.A. identitfied them more as their team partially because they won, and had a more popular moniker, but also because they actually played within the city and not just a city within driving distance.

The city has the Dodgers, and that works out just fine by them. The Angels have played in Anahiem for a long time,the name should reflect that.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

From a strictly business point of veiw, the team re-signed a lease with the city of Anahiem, they were called the Anaheim Angels and before that were called the California Angels- both technically acurate. When a city gets a sports team, they usually like the team to reflect (and advertise) the place they play in. That is the business part of sports, and that is why cities beleive they benefit from having them.

In any event the lease was not signed by the city officials to give Los Angeles business. The deal was signed witht the premise the team was to be called "Anahiem". The fact they just won a World Series should have re-enforced that, and I still do not see how changing to "Los Angeles" has really helped business for the actual team itself. Most fans know they don't play in L.A.

Well it is something you will see over time. After a period of years they will be known as LA, which helps them marketing wise nationwide and helps them get a bigger TV contract. And Los Angeles is correct also because they play in the Los Angeles media market.

After a period of years they will be known as LA, which helps them marketing wise nationwide and helps them get a bigger TV contract. And Los Angeles is correct also because they play in the Los Angeles media market.

EXACTLY!

VmWIn6B.png

Los Angeles of Anaheim... think about it

Shouldn't it be Los Angeles de Anaheim?

;)

¡Correcto! :D

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

I'm not gonna quote bluejayone's whole post, because it's a waste of space..and now I'll let ICS make a joke..done? ok.

A lot of auto-racing groups will name their racetrack after a city they are nowhere near. Now, auto-racing IS slightly different from baseball, but the idea may be used as an excuse in the near future.

Most race-tracks will be named after something nearby, but is not in the actual city/area because people would complain because of the sound. Atlanta Motor Speedway (Hampton, GA), Indianapolis Motor Speedway (Speedway, IN), etc. So, while not the reason, I imagine that the LAAA team could probably use it as an example to say "Well, we want to be LA without actually disturbing LA with all the noise and people"..but we, the know-it-alls, will know it all is a lie.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

I voted for Los Angeles Angels because of a few items:

1. The team was originally called the Los Angeles Angels, and the team never moved out of the Los Angeles area.

2. Los Angeles, as noted, is the City of Angels. Anaheim, meanwhile, is the City of Mickey Mouse.

3. It follows the old minor league team that was known as the Los Angeles Angels (and, yes, I think the Marlins should be called the Miami Marlins).

Basically, though, I don't care what they're called, except don't call them the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. That really is Mickey Mouse.

Remember something.

It's the Los Angeles Angels.

After all, the Angels are most of LA's team.

When they get the approval to change the name to the Los Angeles Dodgers of Chavez Ravine, I'll let y'all know.

LvZYtbZ.png

When I here anything by the name of California, I automaticly think of the California Raisins for some reason?

Heard It through the Grapevine could be the teams official song :P

They should be the Anaheim Trying To Pose As Los Angeles Angels

Signature intentionally left blank

The wannabes? No? Too soon? Hmm... <_<

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Archived