First look at form-fitting hockey jerseys, soon...

ColeJ

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

canada_76522.jpg

Look at this from the front of the jersey. You cannot see any of the stripes on the side of the torso or arms. With no horizontal striping it just looks like a glorified practice jersey or worse, some sort of quick, chap and bad ebay fashion jersey.

The socks now stand out so badly when viewed from the front that they look like motocross shin guards. Cripes, if you are going to put vertical stripes on the jersey SIDES, then at least put them ON THE SIDES OF THE SOCKS TOO.

What a crappy design.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Can someone please post them in a non-photobucket account so I can look at them from work?  I can't see them.  :cry:

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

consider yourself lucky.

i hope the nhl versions keep the current stripping patterns.

Maybe they'll do like the CFL and have only 3 or 4 templates with different colour schemes.

:cursing:

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Horrible, horrible pattern design.

The form fitting part isn't too terrible but the socks are terrible.

Plus, how are those socks going to stand up to being taped and untaped every game?

They are so tight they wont need to be taped...thats the point of them...

You don't tape the outside of your socks to keep the socks in place.

You tape the outside of your socks to keep your shinguards in place.

If the socks are so tight that they keep the shinguards in place I can't imagine that they'll last very long being under all that tension and making contact with the boards, sticks and skates.

Plus, how are those socks going to stand up to being taped and untaped every game?

If the socks are so tight that they keep the shinguards in place I can't imagine that they'll last very long being under all that tension and making contact with the boards, sticks and skates.

The socks without tape should be fine as long as the socks stay up. I've worn traditional hockey socks for years without taping them and my shingaurds have always stayed in place.

Sorry for posting so soon after my last, but I was just reading the article about the jerseys on Tsn.ca.

It says that its going to make the players faster by cutting wind resistance and keep them better cooled due to venting etc... but if Nike designs all of the countries in the 2006 olympics then won't everybody have the same capabilities and the new designs will cancel everything out because the opponents will have the same thing? how will his make Canada any better compared to the USA or the Czech Republic if they all have the same technology?

we have better players :flagcanada:

Design? Sucks.

Jersey itself? Good. I don't see too much of a difference. And even in the differences I see, they arent that bad.

Thats all I have to say.

Same here.

The design is really lame... Looks like it hasn't been completed yet.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

EVERYONE SIGN THE PETITION

SIGN THE PETITION

Why? Any on-line petition isn't worth the bytes it's encoded on. If you want to make a difference, it has to be an actual pen'n'paper petition, or letter writing campaign or other off-line campaign, as it shows more concern.

The most effective off-line campaign, don't buy the jerseys.....

I saw, I came, I left.

The socks without tape should be fine as long as the socks stay up. I've worn traditional hockey socks for years without taping them and my shingaurds have always stayed in place.

Traditional hockey socks stay up just fine without tape. That's what garters and velcro tabs are for.

I see a tough transition for the socks if they can't be taped as a lot of hockey players only use one strap per shinguard.

If you are one of these players and you wear your shinguard on the outside of your skate tongue you're gonna need to tape them.

I'm actually starting to dig the jerseys. Sure they are different, but it does look pretty sleek. According to Hockeycanada.ca, the replicas are going on sale September 6th for $109.00 CDN...it didnt say WHICH of the 3, if not all, will be on sale. Right now I want to pick one up, but I also want to wait for the Authentic... So I'll see how the quality of the Replica is before I decided if I want to be one of the firsts to own one, or to wait until the real ones are released.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived