First look at form-fitting hockey jerseys, soon...

ColeJ

To me it almost looks like that player likes a tighter fitting uniform. Kinda like in baseball where you have the tighter jersey of Corey Patterson mixed in with the blouse that manny ramierez wears. Corey's isn't a different cut as much as he just prefers it smaller. No big deal.

The design is cutting edge...I guess. I does look pretty bad. Does this resemble soccer kits to anyone else...right down to the socks?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking soccer goalkeeper's kit. The neckline looks like the stuff Nike and Reebok have been serving up instead of collars lately.

I can't see that striping pattern catching on for the sleeves... more eccentric Nike styling. I'm surprised the numbers don't have a freaking circle around them.

Actually I think this form fitting style is going to lend itself to less detailed jerseys in terms of piping or side panels because those parts of the jersey aren't going to be as visible. I think they're going to end up being more plain if anything, and well Reebok are the kings of plain. Just ask the Utah Jazz :mad:

liverpool-1.png

Being a proud member of the U.S.A. normally I'm indifferent toward other countries designs. But this is definitely a step back for Canada.

My jury is still out on the new generation uniforms but I do like that the jerseys still aren't tucked in like other sports. :hockeysmiley:

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

http://www.tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/news_story.asp?id=133807

canada_76522.jpg

what the hell are they thinking? it's the beginning of those new tighter, lighter jerseys and all that crap. this is from nike though, as they have the deal with hockey canada, unlike reebok who has one with the nhl. i expected better from nike, and hopefully reebok doesnt get this ugly.

THEY ARE EFFING UGLY.

no way in hell are these better than the previous jerseys. if i was on the ice, i'd rather be slower and heavier and sweat soaked in a poorly made jersey that looks good, compared to these awful awful awful uniforms.

i'm willing to bet right now that these don't even get worn due to ugliness.

I just saw these on a Flames board--and I'm hping they aren't the real ones---that this is a joke--those socks look awful.

Am I against trying new looks?

No--but try ones that look good.

The jersey--at best--is boring.

The socks look slapped together...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

These jerseys themselves aren't too bad. They remind me of those "women's replicas" the NHL put out last year. I personally love the polyester air-knit and ultrafils they use now and can't see what's wrong with them though. I could live with this, but any fan who wants to buy the authentic thing is going to look BAD in

These Canada ones have ugly stripes. They're like the Thrashers thirds only half-assed (which would make them, overall, quarter-assed). And those socks are awful (They aren't the first to have logos or things on them though...the CHL socks all have the CCM or Reebok logo on the front within a stripe.) They remind me of baseball stirrups.

I find it kind of funny that Canada is not too reluctant to do away with the winning formula they have now.

Also, is that the long awaited gold-piping I see around the Canada logos? And, are these actual crests or are they screen-printed on the jersey?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

The jersey doesn't bother me so much. It's the socks that really bother me - vertical stripes? On the front?! Ungh!

In all honesty, I think the NHL will more or less incorporate the "old" looks into the new style. I can't see Toronto or the Habs going from traditional and classy to avant-garde just because the cut is leaner. They may have sublimation, but I'd think it would be more for stripes rather than replacing the sewn-on crests and numbers.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Horrible, horrible pattern design.

The form fitting part isn't too terrible but the socks are terrible.

Plus, how are those socks going to stand up to being taped and untaped every game?

They are so tight they wont need to be taped...thats the point of them...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

By the way, since the two terms are seemingly being used interchangably in this tread, I have to emphasize that sublimation and screen printing are far from the same process, and definitely far from the same result.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

By the way, since the two terms are seemingly being used interchangably in this tread, I have to emphasize that sublimation and screen printing are far from the same process, and definitely far from the same result.

Explain then, because I thought they were the same thing.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Those socks are awful. Besides the look, I would think that they would be uncomfortable and tear quite easily. That is the beauty of knit socks. Patch them and go. But if you can afford them....

Archived