New Pacers Uniforms Unvelied

swilson160

how can we really be sure these ARE the new Pacers unis. Video games have screwed up uniforms before. Look at madden.

EA is pretty good with NBA Live...the jerseys are 99% correct, they may just screw up on a couple fonts here and there. But overall, they nail it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how can we really be sure these ARE the new Pacers unis. Video games have screwed up uniforms before. Look at madden.

Not really. NBA Live is really good at uniforms. Keep in mind they knew what most alternates were last year MONTHS before they actually were "unveiled".

The Charlotte Hornets started the pinstriped basketball jersey craze in 1988, and then the Orlando Magic took it to a new level in 1989. The Pacers jumped on the bandwagon in 1995 or so, and thankfully this fad is pretty much dead.

Don't forget the Bulls alternate black jersey that used to have red pinstripes (or were they white? or both? I'm thinking both...) and the Rockets pinstripes if they even count.

The Charlotte Hornets started the pinstriped basketball jersey craze in 1988, and then the Orlando Magic took it to a new level in 1989.  The Pacers jumped on the bandwagon in 1995 or so, and thankfully this fad is pretty much dead.

Don't forget the Bulls alternate black jersey that used to have red pinstripes (or were they white? or both? I'm thinking both...) and the Rockets pinstripes if they even count.

And our beloved Craptors from 1995/96 - 1998/99

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

They were Red:

ChicagoBullsAlt_1995-1996.jpg

They were Red:

ChicagoBullsAlt_1995-1996.jpg

those are still my favorite Bulls Jerseys ever

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Is it just me, or does that not look like the Utah Jazz template?

I may be way off base here...

EDIT... they're fairly close... the Jazz shorts' trim is in a way the opposite of what the Pacers' appear to be here.

The Jazz' shorts trim flares out (from the profile perspective), and then follows the hem only for the portion between the trim.

The Pacers' trim curves inwards (from the profile perspective), and then follows the hem everywhere but between the trim's closest points.

Tough to describe, but if you saw it, I think (I hope) you'd know what I mean.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

The Charlotte Hornets started the pinstriped basketball jersey craze in 1988, and then the Orlando Magic took it to a new level in 1989.

Here's probably one and only one time where I'm going to choose to split hairs and disagree with you, Pantone. I would credit the Magic with the pinstripe look. If we're going to be sartorially accurate, I would suggest that the stripes on the original Hornet uniforms were not pinstripes but rather chalkstripes - a thicker and more widely spaced striping scheme. Chalkstripes were a trademark of Alexander Julian, a popular designer of menswear in the late 80's and also the guy responsible for the inaugural set of Hornets uniforms. Alas, those wonderful original Hornet uni's are long gone and Alexander Julian is now designing house brand clothes for discount stores.

Is it just me, or does that not look like the Utah Jazz template?

I may be way off base here...

EDIT... they're fairly close... the Jazz shorts' trim is in a way the opposite of what the Pacers' appear to be here.

The Jazz' shorts trim flares out (from the profile perspective), and then follows the hem only for the portion between the trim.

The Pacers' trim curves inwards (from the profile perspective), and then follows the hem everywhere but between the trim's closest points.

Tough to describe, but if you saw it, I think (I hope) you'd know what I mean.

i made these templates for NBA Live 05, is this what ur talking about Sy? I made these when i saw the pics here from the Live 06 vid...

pacer06home2tf.png

pacer06away0xl.png

Archived