NBA All Star 2006 Secondary Logos

AAO

Why must any team from Houston or Dallas always remind us that they are also from Texas? Detriot didn't have an outline of Michigan in any of their All-Star logos this year, nor do the Pirates have PA in any logos for next years game.

Just off the top of my head the Astros and Stars both have "Texas patches." Any others?

It's really only done when the state has a particularly distinctive shape. I've seen it done with Texas, California, Ohio, Florida, etc. Not for an All Star Game, particularly, but for logos in general.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Why must any team from Houston or Dallas always remind us that they are also from Texas? Detriot didn't have an outline of Michigan in any of their All-Star logos this year, nor do the Pirates have PA in any logos for next years game.

Exactly. I hate Texas :cursing:

TEXAS is a weird place. It's the only state that allows it's flag to be flown over the American flag.

That's why they are gung-ho on having Texas or it's flag on the sports team jerseys: Dallas Stars, Rangers, Astros, etc.

They feel they are TExans first, and Americans second.

TEXAS is a weird place. It's the only state that allows it's flag to be flown over the American flag.

Sorry, but that's wrong.

§ 3100.055. DISPLAY ON FLAGPOLE OR FLAGSTAFF WITH FLAG OF UNITED STATES.

A. If it is necessary for the state flag and the flag of the United States to be displayed on the same flagpole or flagstaff, the United States flag should be above the state flag.

B. If the state flag and the flag of the United States are displayed on flagpoles or flagstaffs at the same location:

(1) the flags should be displayed on flagpoles or flagstaffs of the same height;

(2) the flags should be of approximately equal size;

(3) the flag of the United States should be, from the perspective of an observer, to the left of the state flag;

(4) the flag of the United States should be hoisted before the state flag is hoisted; and

(5) the state flag should be lowered before the flag of the United States is lowered.

Added by Acts 2001, 77th Leg., ch. 1420, § 7.001, eff. Sept. 1, 2001.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

It's really only done when the state has a particularly distinctive shape. I've seen it done with Texas, California, Ohio, Florida, etc. Not for an All Star Game, particularly, but for logos in general.

Just wondering - what makes the shape of these states any more distinctive than Michigan or any other? Sorry, its the Geography major in me talking.

Yeah do that.  Do exactly THAT

That logo would be good if it didn't suck so much. The intersection between the numbers and electron paths (or I guess planetary rings) is rendered really really badly.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Just wondering - what makes the shape of these states any more distinctive than Michigan or any other? Sorry, its the Geography major in me talking.

Well, I find Michigan to be of distinctive shape, as well as many other states; that list was not exhaustive at all. Michigan, though, like, say, Hawai'i, is awkward for use in a logo because it has more than one major element, i.e., the mainland and the upper peninsula.

I find the shapes of, for example, Texas and Florida, more distinctive because generally, you can show their silhouettes to someone who is pretty geographically challenged and they will say, "Oh, thst's Texas!" or, "Hey, isn't that Florida?." You can't really show them the silhouette of Colorado, Wyoming, or Kansas and have them be able to identify it, at least in my experience.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Sorry, but that's wrong.

§ 3100.055. DISPLAY ON FLAGPOLE OR FLAGSTAFF WITH FLAG OF UNITED STATES.

A. If it is necessary for the state flag and the flag of the United States to be displayed on the same flagpole or flagstaff, the United States flag should be above the state flag.

B. If the state flag and the flag of the United States are displayed on flagpoles or flagstaffs at the same location:

(1) the flags should be displayed on flagpoles or flagstaffs of the same height;

(2) the flags should be of approximately equal size;

(3) the flag of the United States should be, from the perspective of an observer, to the left of the state flag;

(4) the flag of the United States should be hoisted before the state flag is hoisted; and

(5) the state flag should be lowered before the flag of the United States is lowered.

Added by Acts 2001, 77th Leg., ch. 1420, § 7.001, eff. Sept. 1, 2001.

what about at SBC Center?? I'm 99.9% sure when I saw a game there that there was no US flag hanging from the rafters and only a TX flag.

Guys, those are flag codes. You don't have to obay them, but it's a sign of respect toward the American Flag.

As for Texans, most of feel that we are Texans first and Americans second. We take great pride in the men that helped us in our state's freedom, such as David Crocket, Danial Bowie, the Texans of the Alamo, the Angel of Goliad, Sam Houston, and so many more. We have such a great history, and Texan's still see themselves as a soverign state.

Archived