Splatterhouse hats

BadSeed84

The whole "splatterd paint" thing is big in the hip-hop world. I've seen this kind of splatterd paint design on hip-hop jeans for about a year now.....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

These would've come in handy yesterday, when we were painting the bedroom.

Interestingly, the paint splotches spatter all over the body of the cap, but the logo remains curiously untouched. Attention to detail would've made it that much better.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

it could also be taken to think someone stabbed the team's mascot and forgot to wipe away the mess

Good one!

The first thing I thought was "Oooooh, how urban those are." <_<

Pretty 80's too. :rolleyes:

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Slightly off topic, but has anyone else noticed that the logo and wordmark are from different eras? The swirly P (for lack of a better description) is from the 70-80s, while the "Fightin' Phillies" wordmark and font predate that logo.

EDIT: To be even more picky, IIRC correctly, the Phillies never used the "swirly P" on a red hat. It was always used with the maroon uniforms.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Slightly off topic, but has anyone else noticed that the logo and wordmark are from different eras? The swirly P (for lack of a better description) is from the 70-80s, while the "Fightin' Phillies" wordmark and font predate that logo.

EDIT: To be even more picky, IIRC correctly, the Phillies never used the "swirly P" on a red hat. It was always used with the maroon uniforms.

Well, IIRC, the pinstripes on the home jersey were actually red for a period of time in the swirl P era. I also have a replica (mesh back - but NOT foam front) cap and batting helmet from when i was really young, and they are red w/ swirl P.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

To be even more picky, IIRC correctly, the Phillies never used the "swirly P" on a red hat. It was always used with the maroon uniforms.

I don't know if I can fully agree with this. While I cannot find proof right now, I could swear I've seen red caps with the swirly P. I was hoping for something conclusive from Dressed to the Nines, but the red and maroon look too similar - and besides, they're drawings, so it's not conclusive anyway.

I found two old Mike Schmidt baseball cards, from 1976 and 1982. He's batting, and the helmet is clearly red, far brighter and lighter than the color on the jersey. Later in his career, the Phillies had darker maroon helmets. There's also a picture of a 1972 Schmidt card where he's wearing a cap; it's somewhere in between bright red and maroon, and I can't tell one way or the other. Anyway, maybe the helmets were wrong, but I remember when I was younger having a RED souvenir helmet with the swirly P, and having a maroon one later.

schmidt1976.jpgschmidt1982.jpgschmidt1972.jpg

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived