NHL Teams you love to hate...

chrimart

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hold teh record for most consecutive Cup wins at 5 in a row, and they did it TWICE.

Actually they did 4 in a row twice--and the first time that was extended to 5.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Hold teh record for most consecutive Cup wins at 5 in a row, and they did it TWICE.

Actually they did 4 in a row twice--and the first time that was extended to 5.

Really? I thought they got five in a row in the 70's. Probablly wrong. Eitheir way, it's something to be proud of. Another thing the Habs can add:

Record for the best regular season: 60-8-12, 132 pts (Thanks to the Sports E-Cyclopedia).

1. NY Rangers. Not only because it's Philadelphia-New York, but because they're evil.

2. NJ Devils. Home state pride, my a**. They play in North Jersey, which is a different state from South Jersey altogether (and down here, we're better off for that). They'd be #1 if the Rangers didn't exist... and if my wife wasn't a die-hard Devils fan. :cursing:

3. Tampa Bay Lightning. Because there's nothing worse than nouveau riche fans getting to look down their noses at the rest of the hockey world and point at their Stanley's Trophy (the rest of us call it The Stanley Cup... look it up). Does anyone know the maximum carrying capacity of the Lightning's bandwagon? It's getting pretty full... (and you can throw Ronde Friggin' Barber on top of that pile of hate while you're at it)

4. Edmonton Oilers. For breaking my heart in 1985. Then again in 1987. But I'm glad a Canadian team stayed where it should have, so bonus points for thriving.

5. NY Islanders. Because of Islander fans. Ugh.

In theory, the Leafs should be on this list. But I can't do it. They've got Lindros, and they've had it out with the Flyers in the playoffs (and got the better of us a couple times recently), but I respect and like the Leafs and their fans. And the Leafs don't knock any of the teams above them out of the Top 5.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

5. NY Islanders. Because of Islander fans. Ugh.

Whats wrong with Isles fans? Philly fans are generally known as the worst.

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

1) flames - battle of alberta

2) dallas - the 10 minute long horn. the playoff losses.

3) leafs - always on hnic. always think they're victims. the fact that bob cole and harry neale barely know the other teams that are playing them, and just don't even talk about those teams.

As a Hockey fan...

Any Southern cities dont deserve hockey if they dont get any snow

ex.

1-Phoenix-its in a DESERT

2-Tampa,Florida,Dallas,Carolina,LA,SJ

Did the Hockey Gods tell you that?

And have you ever looked at a map San Jose isn't located in the South. Last time I checked the Bay Area is in Northern California. Sure it may not snow a lot there but it isn't in the south. And under your theory shouldn't LA not have a team. They are in the south (much more so than SJ), and it barely gets under 70 degrees down there. :rolleyes:

As for the teams I hate in order as a Devils Fan.

1. Flyers

2. Rangers

3. Maple Leafs

4. Lightning. That has nothing to do with being a Devils fan it's just since moving down near Tampa I've developed a hate for the team. And the radio announcers are really annoying.

On almost any other day, I'd say the Islanders would top my list every time. But I got free tickets to 8 row behind the visiting bench at the Coliseum last night and had the most fun I've ever had at a hockey game. I even started a chant (if any of you heard "Bring Back Peter!" on the telecast, that was me. It also made Newsday's recap of the game (Peter Laviolette coached the Islanders for a couple years, and last night led the Hurricanes to a 3-0 victory over them). Anywho...

2. Philadelphia Flyers - I despise all things Philly

3. New Jersey Devils - I despise Mratin Brodeur

4. Los Angeles Kings - I despise Jeremy Roenick

Of course, the Islanders are number one, I just don't want to write it right now.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

As a Hockey fan...

ex.

Did the Hockey Gods tell you that?

And have you ever looked at a map San Jose isn't located in the South. Last time I checked the Bay Area is in Northern California. Sure it may not snow a lot there but it isn't in the south. And under your theory shouldn't LA not have a team. They are in the south (much more so than SJ), and it barely gets under 70 degrees down there. :rolleyes:

As for the teams I hate in order as a Devils Fan.

1. Flyers

2. Rangers

3. Maple Leafs

4. Lightning. That has nothing to do with being a Devils fan it's just since moving down near Tampa I've developed a hate for the team. And the radio announcers are really annoying.

LA is in my list just before San Jose

saBS.png

As A sabres fan...

1-Montreal

2-Ottawa

3-Philly

Somehow I like the Leafs sort of

As a Hockey fan...

ex.

:mad: If Carolina didn't have a team, I'd never get to see my beloved Sabres play. Nor would the rest of the Buffalo fans living here (trust me, there's a lot of us here).

Also, it snows here... sometimes.

That said, I despise the Flyers.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

the fact that bob cole and harry neale barely know the other teams that are playing them, and just don't even talk about those teams.

No kidding. This is Bob Cole doing the play by play for the Leafs VS the Sabres (just cuz):

Bob: Lindros speeding down the line! OH! It's stolen by the Sabres! *while Sabres have posession of the puck* ................ the Sabres defender swipes it down low ..... and the Lindros picks up the puck, great play by the big man (etc. etc.)

Cole doesn't know any of the players names, except for the Maple Leafs names, and it irritates a me because instead of saying Drury or Vanek, etc. he'd say "the Sabres" or "the defencemen" etc.

And Philly. They have the worst homers of any team in any sport.

Is that what they're writing in the Tampa Bay Bandwagoneer pamphlets they pass out as it rumbles through town? :rolleyes:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived