New Vikings Unforms *merged*

RickV

You know - and I'll say it again: DMWiz (who has the latest Style Guide in print form) on the FanHome board as already confirmed the Reebok template example as legit, and has stated that the pant stripes look somewhat like the Cardinals' pants.

You can continue to speculate all you want, but it looks like we already have our answer.

I've been wrong many times in the past, but I'm standin' by this one...

^_^

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the Vikings felt they needed an update and I guess that means purple pants too yikes. All purple could cause blindenss from peole gauging out their eyes.

I think these uniforms are going to look an awful lot like Northwestern's.

If the things I have seen on this board are correct, I see a similar shoulder stripe that NW uses. The purple helmet with no stripe is also consistant. NW also has had a "Cardinals-type" stripe on their pants. The all purple (that some here are dreading) uni that NW has worn the past few years actually has looked really sharp. They have also worn primarily all white on the road (which looks OK with purple helmets).

I think people are going to be pleasantly surprised how good these uniforms look on the 27th. I just hope they wear black shoes with them. It was a tradition with the Bud Grant Vikings and since that is the only era where the team has ever been to the Super Bowl, I think it would make a lot of sense to bring them back. They would really complete the overall look of what I think these new threads are going to look like.

the Vikings felt they needed an update and I guess that means purple pants too yikes. All purple could cause blindenss from peole gauging out their eyes.

If the things I have seen on this board are correct, I see a similar shoulder stripe that NW uses. The purple helmet with no stripe is also consistant. NW also has had a "Cardinals-type" stripe on their pants. The all purple (that some here are dreading) uni that NW has worn the past few years actually has looked really sharp. They have also worn primarily all white on the road (which looks OK with purple helmets).

I think people are going to be pleasantly surprised how good these uniforms look on the 27th. I just hope they wear black shoes with them. It was a tradition with the Bud Grant Vikings and since that is the only era where the team has ever been to the Super Bowl, I think it would make a lot of sense to bring them back. They would really complete the overall look of what I think these new threads are going to look like.

Yeah I think balck shoes would be nice to see.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I found this on purplepride.org

"Upwards of 40 advertising billboards have popped up around the Twin Cities this week, advertising the pending announcement. Team officials have described the changes as relatively subtle, but purple pants are expected to be incorporated at some level."

Subtle?

I guess those team officials know a different menaing of the word "subtle" than I do. :wacko:

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

Yeah I think balck shoes would be nice to see.

I dunno about the black shoes with such a modern uniform, I think it'd look goofy...but I'll reserve judgement until I actually see the entire uniform.

This... will end... badly.

Get a grip. From the mocks and the blurry billboard, its going to look good.

Just because a team changes uniforms, doesn't mean that its going to look bad. And, just because a team keeps the same uniform for many years doesn't mean they look good either.

Most of the uniform changes in recent years have been for the positive. Most of those NFL uniforms from the 70's and 80's compared to what we have now look awful and out-of-place. The Vikes unis were OK, but they were tired and needed an upgrade. I think they have done it.

Now, if we could just get the Saints to actually match their golds, and the Cowboys to pick one of their 18 shades of silver and the Redskins to burn those out-of-style burgandy and yellow things they continue to wear, we would really be on to something.

And, the Bills need to completely start over too. Their redesign is one of those that turned out completely wrong.

lastscan2.jpg

Can someone put these in a differnt templete with the colors being the correct pantones with different pants combinations. From the billboard it looks like the pants use a patteren thats rather similar to the broncos where it comes out toward the front of the legs in a horn like fashion.

Honestly, I won't be too surprised if the stripes either 1) go down the side of the pants, but flare towards the back of the knee, or 2) go up from the knees to the mid thigh, similar to the Falcons pants. I'm thinking that it may be more of 1 judging from the side panel on the jersey.

I showed my boss the photo, and he seemed to like the jerseys a good bit.

OldRamsFan,

That's an excellent modification! They look both modern and classy.

Here's the most "official" uni image yet:

Vikingbillboard002.jpg

Vikingbillboard003.jpg

Photo credit to Formo on PP.org...

At least they're not monochrome!

- Chris

There is a resemblance to the current Northwestern uniforms in regards to numbers and shoulder stripe I believe.

donm.gif

Gordon-Tech-Rams.png

Most of the uniform changes in recent years have been for the positive. Most of those NFL uniforms from the 70's and 80's compared to what we have now look awful and out-of-place.

I definitely disagree with that. I think most of the new unis are hideous.

On a board like this, you're going to get people like me who love traditional-looking unis and hate the new NFLE styles. You're also going to find people like yourself who are tired of traditional styles and are more adventurous as far as uniform preferences.

I for one will never like contrasting side panels. Never. That's what ruins these new unis for me. I almost threw up the first time I saw the Broncos new unis back in the late 90s.

Most of the uniform changes in recent years have been for the positive. Most of those NFL uniforms from the 70's and 80's compared to what we have now look awful and out-of-place.

On a board like this, you're going to get people like me who love traditional-looking unis and hate the new NFLE styles. You're also going to find people like yourself who are tired of traditional styles and are more adventurous as far as uniform preferences.

I for one will never like contrasting side panels. Never. That's what ruins these new unis for me. I almost threw up the first time I saw the Broncos new unis back in the late 90s.

or were you throwing up at the horrible screen printed numbers the rams used to have?

i would have been throwing up at that.

Are we to understand that the jerseys being worn in the blurred photo on the billboard are the same as those pictured on the "Vikings Jersey Update" spec sheet?

If so, I don't see it. The jerseys being worn in the blurred photo do not appear to have the white side-panels featured on the spec sheet jerseys, nor does the white "horn-striping" extend over the jersey sleeves.

I also question why the numbers on the front and back of the jerseys on the spec sheet are rendered as being the same size? Numbers on the back of NFL jerseys are anywhere from 1-1/2 to 2-inches taller than the numbers on the front.

All of this said, I find the jerseys shown on the spec sheet to be a fine update.

Are we to understand that the jerseys being worn in the blurred photo on the billboard are the same as those pictured on the "Vikings Jersey Update" spec sheet?

If so, I don't see it. The jerseys being worn in the blurred photo do not appear to have the white side-panels featured on the spec sheet jerseys, nor does the white "horn-striping" extend over the jersey sleeves.

I also question why the numbers on the front and back of the jerseys on the spec sheet are rendered as being the same size? Numbers on the back of NFL jerseys are anywhere from 1-1/2 to 2-inches taller than the numbers on the front.

All of this said, I find the jerseys shown on the spec sheet to be a fine update.

they look the same to me. previous posts have pointed out the sliver of white going up the side on the figure in the middle, look between the "k" and the vector logo (presumed to be Brad Johnson, you can make out the 14) and the person to the left. As for the shoulder stripes, I can clearly see white stripes ove the pads. Taking into consideration that fabric will lay differently once over pads than shown on a flat line drawing.

the one thing I cannot make out is if they kept the yellow collar, I hope not.

as for the spec sheet, that's laziness cut & paste by the production artist.

I get the feeling here that some of you fellas won't be able to actually wait for seven more days to see these things, lest your heads might burst like an overfilled water balloon.

Save some of this energy for when you have to spend 3,000 words complaining about how terrible they are.

or were you throwing up at the horrible screen printed numbers the rams used to have?

i would have been throwing up at that.

No, I saved my Rams-throwing up for the 2 years they had the gold side panels.

Archived