Nationals Logo

batman1211

If there is a 76 in there, it's meaningless, since Washington DC was founded in 1790.

I know you are well aware of the significance of '76'... and just because it happened in Philadelphia doesn't mean Washington can't celebrate the founding year of its nation.

FWIW, the Ottawa 67s of the OHL take their name from Canada's founding year of 1867, even though the city had nothing to do with it.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

I see a seven.. but no six.. Could someone point it out persey?

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

untitled.jpg

I think the part I used the black on is the 6

Yep, you got it right. The green is the seven and the black is the six. That's how dyslexic, left handed pre-schoolers who hold their pencils awkwardly would make their numbers.

If anything, I see a face of some sort.

WSH_2316.jpg

Exactly what I saw, but my science teacher did tell me that humans have a part of our brain that is just for making faces out of nothing, so it makes sense. I mean, think of all those optical illusions, one way its a face, another way its a body.

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

FWIW, the Ottawa 67s of the OHL take their name from Canada's founding year of 1867, even though the city had nothing to do with it.

Blatantly false, on both counts. :D

Actually, the 67's take their name from the centennial year, 1967, the year the franchise entered the OHA, which has since become the OHL.

Even though confederation was discussed in Charlottetown, PEI, and the Dominion of Canada was created by an act of the British Parliament in London, England, Ottawa has been the one and only capital of Canada since the country's inception in 1867. I'd have assumed that even the most obtuse could discern a slight connection.

Perhaps you're confusing the nation of Canada with the province of Canada, (the union of Upper Canada and Lower Canada), the capital of which altered between Kingston, Montreal, Toronto, and Quebec City before settling in Ottawa.

Archived